Warehouse Worker (Full-Time Evenings) Job Opening in Nanaimo, BC - Van-Whole Produce Recruitment 2018
JOB OPENING: Full-Time Warehouse Worker (Evenings)
Shift Time: EVENINGS (shift hours may fall between 3:30pm to 2:00am)
Job Status: Full-Time (min. 5 days/week)
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Van-Whole Produce is currently hiring for Full-Time Warehouse Workers to join their growing Evening Team. As Western Canada’s leading produce wholesaler, with a network of over 600 growers from 40 different countries, Van-Whole Produce brings over 400 varieties of fresh produce to more than 1,300 produce markets in Canada.
- Lifting, carrying, and loading large boxes of fruits and vegetables
- Order picking items off racks accurately and efficiently
- Loading & unloading products in trucks, trailers, and containers
- Operating machines (electric pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.) according to in-house regulations
- Complying with all company policies, warehouse rules, and food safe regulations
- Understanding the different levels of product quality and conducting quality checks upon receiving/packing
- Maintaining cleanliness of the warehouse
- Other duties as required at time of need
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to read, process, and complete paperwork as required
- Comfortable working in a cooler environment
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivated
- In-house mobile equipment training and certification
- Monthly bonus program based on performance
- Attractive extended healthcare plan coverage: MSP, Dental, Prescription, Eye care, Emergency Medical incidents, short-term/long-term disabilities, and more
- Automatic wage increase based upon hours of service
- Staff Purchase discount of up to 12% off wholesale prices.
- Vacation for up to 6 weeks per year.
Please submit your resume no later than October 13th, 2017 .
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Forklift Operation: 1 year
- Electric Pallet Jack: 1 year
- Warehouse: 1 year
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Applicants will have completed Grade 12, plus a minimum 6 month Applied Business Technology or Administrative Assistant training program at an accredited...
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who exemplifies the professional values of the BC Public Service to join our team as a Registry Clerk....
“Emergency First Aid – Community Care” or higher; Provides food, blankets, hygiene supplies, first aid, and information;...
Files source documents and maintains filing systems. Supports staff in the day-to-day use of computer software programs by performing duties such as...
Safe and efficient movement of product within the warehouse and yard. Accurately picking customer orders. Shipping and Receiving of all goods....
For complete details, please see comprehensive description at http://www.vicrisis.ca/PDFs/VICrisis\_Crisis\_Line\_Worker\_Job\_Posting\_January\_2018.pdf Job...
Please submit a resume to Human Resources by replying to this ad. Freight Assemblers are responsible for unloading trailers, sorting freight and accompanying...
Answering & directing phone calls. We are a well-established Mortgage Brokerage office located in downtown Nanaimo and we are looking for a full time (40hrs...
Applicants must also possess a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and have authority to operate police vehicles....