Customer Facing Technician Leamington Job Opening in Leamington, ON - Cogeco Connexion Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Cogeco Connexion is a speedily growing organization in Leamington, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in December 2017 Cogeco Connexion is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Cogeco Connexion opens job chance of Customer Facing Technician Leamington positioned in Leamington, ON. This option has been opened at the start of December 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Customer Facing Technician Leamington, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Customer Facing Technician Leamington December 2017Cogeco Connexion Leamington, ON
Cogeco Connexion (www.cogeco.ca) regroups the Canadian cable operations of Cogeco Communications Inc. Cogeco Connexion is the second largest cable operator in Ontario and Québec in terms of the number of basic cable service customers served. It provides its residential and small business customers with video, Internet and telephony services through its two-way broadband fibre rich network. Cogeco Communications Inc. is a communications corporation and is the 11th largest hybrid fibre coaxial cable operator in North America operating in Canada under the Cogeco Connexion brand name in Québec and Ontario, and in the United States through its subsidiary Atlantic Broadband in western Pennsylvania, south Florida, Maryland/Delaware, South Carolina and eastern Connecticut. Through Cogeco Peer 1, Cogeco Communications Inc. provides its business customers with a suite of information technology services (colocation, network connectivity, managed hosting, cloud services and managed IT services), through its 21 data centres, extensive FastFiber NetworkTM and more than 50 points-of-presence in North America and Europe. Cogeco Communications Inc.’s subordinate voting shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: CCA).
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for installing, operating and maintaining all products and aspects of the network including drop, plant, and associated equipment to Cogeco and Industry Canada standards and to the customer’s satisfaction. It is expected all work functions are performed in a manner to ensure the highest level of quality customer service is achieved. This consists of, but is not limited to; installation calls including connections, adds, moves, changes and deletions of services, and service related work.
- Regularly performs but not limited to residential installations, connections, service additions and disconnections of all Cogeco services. Installs, tests, troubleshoots and repairs as required to bring services up to Cogeco/ industry standards
- Educates customers on the use of all related Cogeco products and services.
- Performs all work in accordance with Health and Safety Standards utilising Personal Protective Equipment.
- Highlights and up sells the features and benefits of Cogeco products/services; motivate customers to choose Cogeco as their exclusive service provider. Strives to retain customers wishing to cancel or downgrade their services.
- Identifies and reports any substandard quality through the Cogeco referral processes.
- Ensures the vehicle, test equipment and other assigned tools and equipment are maintained in excellent condition.
- Performs various administrative duties such as completing and maintaining accurate system records, activity reports and support documentation.
- Building and fostering positive relationships with all customers, identifying their needs and responding in a timely manner with the utmost professionalism.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – INSTALLS / SERVICE (BLENDED TECHNICIAN)
- A Blended Technicians role combines all of the installation roles and responsibilities as identified above along with the additional responsibilities listed below.
- Performs service and repair work from multi-tap to customer premise equipment in a safe and controlled manner.
- Performs, but not limited to servicing of, multi product installations and change of service and disconnects following Cogeco approved methods. Educates customers on the correct use of all related Cogeco products and services.
- Operates and understands the use of test equipment related to 2-way services for the HFC environment including, signal level meters, leakage monitors, cable locators and other test equipment as it pertains to their role.
- As new technology is introduced such as HFC network the technician maybe required to perform additional tasks as required such as Fiber Splicing upon receiving sufficient training.
- Escalates issues as required to appropriate Cogeco department or supplier and ensures follow-up of outstanding issues.
- Attends Cogeco and Industry training and developmental events to maintain technical skills and knowledge. Provides reports on such activity.
- College diploma or combination of equivalent education and work experience required
- CATV, Telecommunications or related technical training certificate would be an asset.
- A+ certification would be an asset
- Minimum 3 years experience in CATV System.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant commercial installation experience
- General understanding of broadband, cable telecommunications or Internet industries and technology preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to following and encouraging safe work practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial building codes as it relates to installation of broadband telecommunication wiring.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service focus.
- Must be people and team oriented and have demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Detail oriented and possess sound organizational, problem solving, analytical and reporting skills.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Must be PC literate, and must have good working knowledge of Internet and MS Office applications (e.g.: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access).
- Self motivated and able to work independently and take initiative in identifying and resolving problems.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and eligibility to drive Cogeco vehicles.
- Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as business needs change
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
- On call support and standby required
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Must satisfy the visual acuity test requirements (ie: depth perception, colour, distance and peripheral vision).
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.
Job Type: Full-time
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to use Customer Facing Technician Leamington. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The applicant will greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas, obtain and process information required to provide services, operate the...
Assist in keeping in communications with Sales Representatives and customers to ensure payments are remitted in a timely fashion;...
Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process._. Assisting R&D department on design and execution of new...
We are looking for a full time administrative assistant to run our metrics. If you have experience in an office and want to monitor productivity and compile...
Prepare & coordinate shipping & customs Documents. Demonstrated flexibility in a fast paced environment. General office administration - filing/phones/mail/bank...
Must possess a valid Class 5 or Class G permanent provincial driver’s license. Maintain a satisfactory safe driving record and the appropriate class of...
If so, picture yourself as a Recreation Officer at a large maximum security detention centre where you will participate in the development, implementation,...
Investigate and resolves problems associated with processing invoices and purchase orders. Audit and process credit card bills....
Merchandise and maintain designated areas; Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities....