Animal Handler/Presenter Job Opening in Woodbridge, ON - Earth Rangers Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Earth Rangers is an evergrowing company in Woodbridge, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in May 2017 Earth Rangers is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Earth Rangers opens job chance for Animal Handler/Presenter placed in Woodbridge, ON. This option has been opened at the beginning of May 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're considering Animal Handler/Presenter, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Animal Handler/Presenter May 2017Earth Rangers Woodbridge, ON
Reports to: Curator, Live Productions
Start Date: Negotiable
Earth Rangers is an award-winning non-profit organization focused on working with children to protect endangered species. Our long-term goal is simple: to protect enough natural habitats to ensure the lasting survival of all species in Canada.
Through our live shows, online community and national television presence, we communicate a positive, science-based message to millions of children each year about the importance of protecting biodiversity. Our Bring Back the Wild program inspires children to become directly involved in protecting critical habitats across Canada by providing an avenue for action.
We are seeking an Animal Trainer to be responsible for handling and presenting in our public programming, assisting with animal training and the development of new behaviours, and with general husbandry.
· Handling of numerous mammals, avian and reptilian species for educational purposes
· Participate in educational show programs and facility tours
· Assist management staff in the development of presentations and guest encounters
· All aspects of daily animal care and maintenance including cleaning, feeding, watering, observing, enclosure upkeep, behavioural enrichment, monitoring of health and record keeping
· Assist with the upkeep of the animal facilities
· Assist in capture, restraint and veterinarian procedures
· Construction/maintenance of animal equipment
· Post-secondary education in a related field (zoology, education, biology) is preferred
· 2 years’ experience handling and training a variety of taxa for the purpose of education in an accredited facility (avian experience is an asset)
· Solid understanding of animal training principles and techniques (operant conditioning)
· Solid understanding of enrichment principles and techniques for a variety of taxa
· Strong public speaking skills
· Must be able to communicate clearly & professionally and conduct themselves in a positive manner with co-workers and visitors
· Must work well within a team
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong problem solving skills with the ability to decide when to act independently and when to seek consultation from the supervisor/director
· Must be able to work well under direction and have the capacity to absorb feedback
· Computer literate (MS Office)
· Ability to travel for extended periods of time
· Enjoy working in/outdoors and the ability to work weekends and holidays
· Must have a valid G class drivers license
· Ability to lift 50lbs and capable of meeting the physical demands of the position
· Bilingual (English & French) an asset
Interested applicants please forward your resume to [email protected] While we appreciate the interest of all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Animal Handler/Presenter. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Provide a stress-free and safe experience by anticipating guest needs and provide genuine, customized service for every guest....
Accurately, quickly, and courteously processing all transactions at the Register. “R” team members are friendly, customer-focused, and passionate about...
Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of...
Must possess current certification in CPR (C) and Standard First Aid training and maintain same throughout employment with Toronto Paramedic Services....
We are committed to hiring staff who not only reflect the diversity of Peel Region, but who will also foster the success of our student population by...
Reporting to the Manager of Community Relations, you will assist with all aspects of communications, including supporting schools and departments during crisis...
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable....
I am looking for someone to teach a bootcamp class 3 days a week in Vaughan. Have access to a vehicle. I am looking for someone preferably studying in this...
You demonstrate strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with staff, senior managers, various justice participants,...