Animal Handler/Presenter Job Opening in Woodbridge, ON - Earth Rangers Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Earth Rangers is a rapidly growing enterprise in Woodbridge, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in August 2017 Earth Rangers is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Earth Rangers opens job chance of Animal Handler/Presenter placed in Woodbridge, ON. This chance has been opened at the beginning of August 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're considering Animal Handler/Presenter, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Animal Handler/Presenter August 2017Earth Rangers Woodbridge, ON
Reports to: Curator, Live Productions
Start Date: Negotiable
Earth Rangers is an award-winning non-profit organization focused on working with children to protect endangered species. Our long-term goal is simple: to protect enough natural habitats to ensure the lasting survival of all species in Canada.
Through our live shows, online community and national television presence, we communicate a positive, science-based message to millions of children each year about the importance of protecting biodiversity. Our Bring Back the Wild program inspires children to become directly involved in protecting critical habitats across Canada by providing an avenue for action.
We are seeking an Animal Trainer to be responsible for handling and presenting in our public programming, assisting with animal training and the development of new behaviours, and with general husbandry.
· Handling of numerous mammals, avian and reptilian species for educational purposes
· Participate in educational show programs and facility tours
· Assist management staff in the development of presentations and guest encounters
· All aspects of daily animal care and maintenance including cleaning, feeding, watering, observing, enclosure upkeep, behavioural enrichment, monitoring of health and record keeping
· Assist with the upkeep of the animal facilities
· Assist in capture, restraint and veterinarian procedures
· Construction/maintenance of animal equipment
· Post-secondary education in a related field (zoology, education, biology) is preferred
· 2 years’ experience handling and training a variety of taxa for the purpose of education in an accredited facility (avian experience is an asset)
· Solid understanding of animal training principles and techniques (operant conditioning)
· Solid understanding of enrichment principles and techniques for a variety of taxa
· Strong public speaking skills
· Must be able to communicate clearly & professionally and conduct themselves in a positive manner with co-workers and visitors
· Must work well within a team
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong problem solving skills with the ability to decide when to act independently and when to seek consultation from the supervisor/director
· Must be able to work well under direction and have the capacity to absorb feedback
· Computer literate (MS Office)
· Ability to travel for extended periods of time
· Enjoy working in/outdoors and the ability to work weekends and holidays
· Must have a valid G class drivers license
· Ability to lift 50lbs and capable of meeting the physical demands of the position
· Bilingual (English & French) an asset
Interested applicants please forward your resume to [email protected] While we appreciate the interest of all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply Animal Handler/Presenter. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read different job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The Data Entry Clerk will be primarily responsible for collecting, inputting and analyzing data from the Vascular & Cardiac Surgery groups....
Take customers' orders and giving ticket stubs to customers when needed to identify filled orders. Balance receipts and payments in cash registers....
Answers Room Service calls from in-house guests, takes orders, and delivers when needed. Excellent customer service and social skills, outgoing friendly...
Answer inbound customer calls, investigate all issues accordingly, and troubleshoot in order to provide options to customers on acceptable resolutions on the...
Good interpersonal and communication skills to work within a diverse community and ability to deal empathetically with residents, family members, etc., to...
For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website....
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all...
Resume, Social Insurance Number and Gov. Cashiers / Warehouse / Full Time & Part Time. Are you looking for employment?...
Conducts interviews in Children’s Services field office, community organizations, Social Services office, hospital, hostel, child care centre or client’s...