Animal Handler/Presenter Job Opening in Woodbridge, ON - Earth Rangers Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Earth Rangers is a rapidly growing firm in Woodbridge, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in September 2017 Earth Rangers is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Earth Rangers opens job chance of Animal Handler/Presenter put in Woodbridge, ON. This chance has been opened at the beginning of September 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Animal Handler/Presenter, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Animal Handler/Presenter September 2017Earth Rangers Woodbridge, ON
Reports to: Curator, Live Productions
Start Date: Negotiable
Earth Rangers is an award-winning non-profit organization focused on working with children to protect endangered species. Our long-term goal is simple: to protect enough natural habitats to ensure the lasting survival of all species in Canada.
Through our live shows, online community and national television presence, we communicate a positive, science-based message to millions of children each year about the importance of protecting biodiversity. Our Bring Back the Wild program inspires children to become directly involved in protecting critical habitats across Canada by providing an avenue for action.
We are seeking an Animal Trainer to be responsible for handling and presenting in our public programming, assisting with animal training and the development of new behaviours, and with general husbandry.
· Handling of numerous mammals, avian and reptilian species for educational purposes
· Participate in educational show programs and facility tours
· Assist management staff in the development of presentations and guest encounters
· All aspects of daily animal care and maintenance including cleaning, feeding, watering, observing, enclosure upkeep, behavioural enrichment, monitoring of health and record keeping
· Assist with the upkeep of the animal facilities
· Assist in capture, restraint and veterinarian procedures
· Construction/maintenance of animal equipment
· Post-secondary education in a related field (zoology, education, biology) is preferred
· 2 years’ experience handling and training a variety of taxa for the purpose of education in an accredited facility (avian experience is an asset)
· Solid understanding of animal training principles and techniques (operant conditioning)
· Solid understanding of enrichment principles and techniques for a variety of taxa
· Strong public speaking skills
· Must be able to communicate clearly & professionally and conduct themselves in a positive manner with co-workers and visitors
· Must work well within a team
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong problem solving skills with the ability to decide when to act independently and when to seek consultation from the supervisor/director
· Must be able to work well under direction and have the capacity to absorb feedback
· Computer literate (MS Office)
· Ability to travel for extended periods of time
· Enjoy working in/outdoors and the ability to work weekends and holidays
· Must have a valid G class drivers license
· Ability to lift 50lbs and capable of meeting the physical demands of the position
· Bilingual (English & French) an asset
Interested applicants please forward your resume to [email protected] While we appreciate the interest of all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to use Animal Handler/Presenter. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Own vehicle, valid license and be willing to travel within the GTA. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), JavaOS, Device drivers, Networking...
Watch our Recruitment video on the Home Depot Indeed Feature page!*. Receiving, order selection & processing, palletizing, lift truck operations and loading of...
University Degree/ College Diploma or equivalent in Computer Science. Performs research and analysis in server infrastructure technology to identify, propose...
Discount Perk Program (gym membership, cell phone discounts and more). The Cashier ensures that guests are greeted warmly upon entry and over the phone, shares...
Analyzing past social performance from the brand marketing teams campaigns to craft a social retargeting strategy for eCom specific social advertising....
Handle cashier duties by taking cash or credit cards in exchange of products sold. Welcome customers with a smile as they enter into the store....
Your primary focus will be connecting with our current clients to ensure their orders are accurate and connecting with previous clients to share updates on...
Communicate order delivery information to customers including any changes to delivery information in a professional and friendly manner....
As the first point of contact for the general public, members, teachers and groups, the Representative will provide customer service and sell gallery admissions...