Reconnect Counsellor Job Opening in Victoria, BC - Victoria Youth Empowerment Society Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Victoria Youth Empowerment Society is a quickly growing business in Victoria, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in August 2017 Victoria Youth Empowerment Society is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Victoria Youth Empowerment Society opens job chance for Reconnect Counsellor placed in Victoria, BC. This option has been opened at the beginning of August 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're thinking about Reconnect Counsellor, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Reconnect Counsellor August 2017Victoria Youth Empowerment Society Victoria, BC
Fulltime Reconnect Counsellor
Position Title: Reconnect Counsellor
Program: The Alliance Club
Reports To : Programs Manager
Posting Closing Date : January 25th, 2017
Potential Start Date: February, 2017
The Reconnect Counsellor is responsible for providing the necessary services and support to youth accessing the Alliance Club program. Counsellors aim to meet short-term physical, emotional and psychological needs of youth by providing support and counselling, immediate screening, crisis response and referrals.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2-9:30pm / Wednesday 12-9:30pm / Friday 9-1pm
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Well established understanding of child and adolescent development.
- Well established understanding of assessment, counselling and intervention approaches.
- Established practice in maintaining appropriate and confidential boundaries and other professional counselling ethics.
- Established practice involving families, foster care system, community, intervention programs, the Ministry for Children and Families (MCFD) and other systems in service planning with youth.
- Demonstrated awareness of community resources for youth and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively and cooperatively in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic engagement techniques and evidence-based counselling approaches.
- Established behavioural management skills, crisis response, intervention and risk reduction services to best support youth as well as to create a safe and stable environment, especially around issues such as trauma, suicidal ideation, mental health and addictions.
- Support youth to participate in the development and implementation of individualized short-term goals as appropriate.
- Well established understanding of nonviolent crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques and able to apply in crisis situations.
- Ability to apply professional ethics to the general work situation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative and constructive liaisons/relationships with a variety of individuals and groups, including clients and families, ministries, other agencies etc. and provide effective community referrals.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation, consent, confidentiality and duty to report practices.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate, clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Ability to perform basic food preparation and light housekeeping duties.
Bachelor’s degree in Child and Youth Care, Social Work or a related human services field.
A minimum of 2 year experience which includes:
- Knowledge and experience working with high risk youth and their families.
- Experience working with high risk youth and families in a counselling or other helping capacity.
- Experience with community based programs and related community support systems.
- Starting salary of $40,000 per annum ($20.50 an hour).
- Salary is inclusive of all overtime hours
Hours/Conditions of Employment
- The hours of work are 37.5 per week.
- Must have clearance from the Authorization for Criminal Records Search prior to commencing employment.
- Must have valid Emergency First Aid and Food Safe certificates.
- Follows the Code of Ethics, Mission Statement, and Policies and Procedures of The Victoria Youth Empowerment Society and abide by the relevant rules and reporting guidelines as set out by the Ministry for Children and Families and other appropriate governing bodies.
- This position is required to work in a stressful environment often dealing with groups of youth and youth in crisis situations.
- This position requires flexibility in work hours (daytime/afternoon/evening) to accommodate activities such as shift coverage, fund raising events and representing the Agency at public events.
- There may be moderate exposure to undesirable environmental working conditions which may require certain safety precautions i.e. client aggression, exposure to client health issues etc.
To apply, please forward your resume to the Victoria Youth Empowerment Society at 533 Yates St, Victoria BC V8W 1K7 or fax to (250) 383-3812 by January 25th, 2017. Please no phone calls regarding the position.
Refer to our website for more information www.vyes.ca
Job Type: Full-time
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply Reconnect Counsellor. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Valid British Columbia driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract is required. Within the Office of Research Services, Animal Care Services (ACS) supports...
A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program....
Monitors activities in the front of the store and secures Michaels assets including cash, checks, media and merchandise....
Must possess and maintain a valid BC class 5 Driver’s licence. Gaming Investigators conduct independent and confidential investigations into allegations of...
Must possess valid driver license and reliable vehicle (mileage will be paid). Two Wolves Brewing is a new National beer brand, brewed in Vancouver, BC and...
General filing, faxing and preparing files. Answering multiple phone lines. If you love animals and would like to be part of our team please email ...
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres...
A VHF Marine “Restricted Operator’s Certificate (Maritime).” Arrangements can be made to obtain this certification during the three-week training program....
John Ambulance provides first aid, CPR, and safety training and products, where proceeds also help fund several charitable community programs....