Western Canada Entry Level Engineer Job Opening in Burnaby, BC - Kiewit Corporation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Kiewit Corporation is an evergrowing company in Burnaby, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in January 2017 Kiewit Corporation is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Kiewit Corporation opens job chance of Western Canada Entry Level Engineer placed in Burnaby, BC. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of January 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're thinking about Western Canada Entry Level Engineer, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Western Canada Entry Level Engineer January 2017Kiewit Corporation Burnaby, BC
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
- Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
- RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Western Canada – a large infrastructure district, head office located in Vancouver. Projects range from highways, bridges, mass transit systems, mine site development, hydroelectric powerhouses, dams and industrial facilities. They also specialize in grading, paving, excavation and structures.
This is an entry level position that performs assignment-specific engineering and construction management duties that may include any combination of the following:
- Safety – participation in daily safety tours and tool box meetings
- Estimating, pricing and bidding work
- Contract Administration – subcontract and material contract management
- Document control
- Trend tracking – tracking of quantities, costs and progress curves
- Purchasing, expediting and coordination of materials
- Equipment and Material Management
- Material takeoffs and material receipt inspections
- Surveying and quantity tracking
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Scheduling & Work plan development - Coordination between engineering and construction activities
- Temporary structure design
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or Civil, Construction and Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent program
- Construction experience, or classroom instruction in reading and interpreting design drawings, specifications and perform material take-off, applying labor costs and examining in process and completed work
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Flexible with work locations – must be able to travel/relocate
- Strong work ethic – willing to put in the time to get the job done right
- Must be able to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Strong organizational, time management
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to speak both French and English an asset
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to apply Western Canada Entry Level Engineer. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Responsible for receiving, sorting, opening and distributing incoming mail and will be required to categorize and prepare outgoing....
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt...
The Admissions Assistant is a member of the International Admissions team and works to provide assistance and information to applicants, the Langara community...
The Bookstore Cashier provides support to regular staff during heavy sales periods or absences, performing clerical and cashier duties including receiving...
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community....
This is clerical and customer service support of moderate complexity in the Development Engineering Division of the Development Services Department....
Other duties may include processing forms of payment and responding to guest inquires. At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and...
We offer a great team environment and excellent development opportunities. Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of communication,...
Attends to inbound and/or initiates outbound contacts to current or potential customers for new and existing services related to full meter to cash cycle...