Western Canada Entry Level Engineer Job Opening in Burnaby, BC - Kiewit Corporation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Kiewit Corporation is a swiftly growing organization in Burnaby, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in July 2017 Kiewit Corporation is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Kiewit Corporation opens job chance of Western Canada Entry Level Engineer put in Burnaby, BC. This option has been opened at the start of July 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Western Canada Entry Level Engineer, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Western Canada Entry Level Engineer July 2017Kiewit Corporation Burnaby, BC
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
- Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
- RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Western Canada – a large infrastructure district, head office located in Vancouver. Projects range from highways, bridges, mass transit systems, mine site development, hydroelectric powerhouses, dams and industrial facilities. They also specialize in grading, paving, excavation and structures.
This is an entry level position that performs assignment-specific engineering and construction management duties that may include any combination of the following:
- Safety – participation in daily safety tours and tool box meetings
- Estimating, pricing and bidding work
- Contract Administration – subcontract and material contract management
- Document control
- Trend tracking – tracking of quantities, costs and progress curves
- Purchasing, expediting and coordination of materials
- Equipment and Material Management
- Material takeoffs and material receipt inspections
- Surveying and quantity tracking
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Scheduling & Work plan development - Coordination between engineering and construction activities
- Temporary structure design
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or Civil, Construction and Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent program
- Construction experience, or classroom instruction in reading and interpreting design drawings, specifications and perform material take-off, applying labor costs and examining in process and completed work
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Flexible with work locations – must be able to travel/relocate
- Strong work ethic – willing to put in the time to get the job done right
- Must be able to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Strong organizational, time management
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to speak both French and English an asset
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use Western Canada Entry Level Engineer. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Passion for social media, social sourcing and social HR Serving It Right Certificate Experience creating marketing materials....
Ability to operate an electronic cash register with a high degree of accuracy and satisfactorily complete a cashier training....
Microserve is looking for 2 Entry Level Order Desk Clerk for our office in Burnaby, BC. A Canadian organization with coverage across BC and Alberta, Microserve...
Possess a valid driver's license and own vehicle. Experience with merchandising and customer service by working in a gas convenience store, grocery store, and...
Pay is above average.You can work at home, while shopping, while in the mall or while in the park as long you can take calls & reply to messages....
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community....
Based in Burnaby, B.C, Watson Gloves is a family-owned company that has been in business for 99 years with additional locations in Calgary and Mississauga....
Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia, Class 3 with air endorsement, is required. The position may supervise one or more subordinates engaged in...
Artists will often be paired with more senior or junior artists and must therefore be able to give, as well as, take art direction....