Western Canada Entry Level Engineer Job Opening in Burnaby, BC - Kiewit Corporation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Kiewit Corporation is a speedily growing provider in Burnaby, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in October 2017 Kiewit Corporation is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Kiewit Corporation opens job opportunity for Western Canada Entry Level Engineer located in Burnaby, BC. This chance has been opened at the start of October 2017 and will be closed on the end of this month. If you're considering Western Canada Entry Level Engineer, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Western Canada Entry Level Engineer October 2017Kiewit Corporation Burnaby, BC
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
- Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
- RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Western Canada – a large infrastructure district, head office located in Vancouver. Projects range from highways, bridges, mass transit systems, mine site development, hydroelectric powerhouses, dams and industrial facilities. They also specialize in grading, paving, excavation and structures.
This is an entry level position that performs assignment-specific engineering and construction management duties that may include any combination of the following:
- Safety – participation in daily safety tours and tool box meetings
- Estimating, pricing and bidding work
- Contract Administration – subcontract and material contract management
- Document control
- Trend tracking – tracking of quantities, costs and progress curves
- Purchasing, expediting and coordination of materials
- Equipment and Material Management
- Material takeoffs and material receipt inspections
- Surveying and quantity tracking
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Scheduling & Work plan development - Coordination between engineering and construction activities
- Temporary structure design
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or Civil, Construction and Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent program
- Construction experience, or classroom instruction in reading and interpreting design drawings, specifications and perform material take-off, applying labor costs and examining in process and completed work
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Flexible with work locations – must be able to travel/relocate
- Strong work ethic – willing to put in the time to get the job done right
- Must be able to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Strong organizational, time management
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to speak both French and English an asset
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Western Canada Entry Level Engineer. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Greet and check-in passengers, taking reservation and handling payment as necessary. Central Mountain Air thanks all applicants for your interest, however, only...
Ability to process information or merchandise through computer system and POS register system. This position is accountable for verifying merchandise receipts,...
Answer phones in a professional manner; Experience in social media could be an aspect of this position. Accuracy in data entry, appointment scheduling, sales...
Through our Community Connection Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic...
Handle phone calls. Perform clerical tasks. Work with immigration staff to handle inquiries. Offer administrative support to the immigration application process...
Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our...
Assist in the preparation of timely briefs that assess impact and recommend action in response to key events (industry, environment, economic, political, social...
The Warehouse Person performs a variety of warehouse related tasks in the cooler including the manually stacking of product, picking customer orders, rotating...