Western Canada Entry Level Engineer Job Opening in Burnaby, BC - Kiewit Corporation Recruitment 2017Requisition ID: 62372
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
- Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
- RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Western Canada – a large infrastructure district, head office located in Vancouver. Projects range from highways, bridges, mass transit systems, mine site development, hydroelectric powerhouses, dams and industrial facilities. They also specialize in grading, paving, excavation and structures.
This is an entry level position that performs assignment-specific engineering and construction management duties that may include any combination of the following:
- Safety – participation in daily safety tours and tool box meetings
- Estimating, pricing and bidding work
- Contract Administration – subcontract and material contract management
- Document control
- Trend tracking – tracking of quantities, costs and progress curves
- Purchasing, expediting and coordination of materials
- Equipment and Material Management
- Material takeoffs and material receipt inspections
- Surveying and quantity tracking
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Scheduling & Work plan development - Coordination between engineering and construction activities
- Temporary structure design
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or Civil, Construction and Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent program
- Construction experience, or classroom instruction in reading and interpreting design drawings, specifications and perform material take-off, applying labor costs and examining in process and completed work
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Flexible with work locations – must be able to travel/relocate
- Strong work ethic – willing to put in the time to get the job done right
- Must be able to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Strong organizational, time management
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to speak both French and English an asset
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Reporting directly to Senior Employer Case Manager - Team Lead, the Program Assistant is responsible and assisting with duties such as, but not limited to,...
Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development. Services include creating student accounts, registration processes, receiving payments,...
A Driver’s Licence valid for the Province of British Columbia is required. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection...
The Community Development Department – Planning Division requires an auxiliary Research Assistant for approximately four (4) weeks commencing July 4, 2017....
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service to our community....
Other requirements include a minimum net typing speed of 55 words per minute, the ability to prioritize work assignments and be comfortable listening and...
We are committed to carefully managing the City's future while continuing to deliver the highest level of service to the community through leadership,...
Holder of a current BC Class 5 Driver's License. Demonstrated computer literacy in the use of personal computers, including data entry skills....
Responsible for maintaining the information contained on the Cruise Portal which includes posting information relevant to day to day operations ( i.e....