WestJet Encore French Bilingual Flight Attendant - Toronto Job Opening in Toronto, ON - WestJet Encore Recruitment 2017Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 01/06/2017
Posting Close Date: 03/31/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Encore Flight Attendant - Toronto
Everyone loves an encore!
The crowd is cheering, and now is your chance to be part of the encore performance. WestJet Encore has taken flight in the same WestJet fashion as when the airline took to the skies 20 years ago – by enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet’s world by providing safe, caring and affordable air travel.
Do you want to be part of this encore? Do you have the energy, enthusiasm and commitment to help build the greatest low-cost regional airline in Canada?
We thought you might!
About the role:
- We are currently recruiting for Full Time Toronto based Flight Attendants;
- WestJet Encore Flight Attendants are not only ambassadors representing the company, but the face of our culture and our people;
- Flight Attendants (FA’s) are safety, security and service professionals, entrusted with the safety and security of our guests, crew members and the aircraft;
- The nature of a regional airline is shorter flight times.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be 19 years of age or older;
- The ability to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English and French is mandatory.
- Must hold a current valid passport; where a Canadian Passport is not held, a Canadian Permanent Resident card (accompanied with all individual Visas necessary to enable you to perform the duties of a Flight Attendant wherever WestJet Encore operates) is required;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Pass (requires a 5-year traceable history, a clear criminal record and a Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident Card);
- A clear criminal background and Drug test is required;
- Must be able to reach 183 cm or 72 inches flat-footed without shoes (emergency equipment requirement);
- Height must be 6’2” or less (including footwear with a 2 inch heel maximum);
- Must successfully pass a functional assessment – must be able to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist and 22 pounds overhead; Your functional capabilities must meet the essential functions of the Flight Attendant job;
- Must successfully complete a 5-week full-time initial training program in Calgary and Toronto, as well as, annual training and any other training deemed necessary by the Company;
- Must complete a first aid course prior to initial training. The will cost be approximately $170.00 plus GST;
- You will travel away from home (overnights are required);
- We need you to be flexible to work any shift that is assigned – the airline industry operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long;
- Must be available for on call shifts and holding Reserve;
- Must be able to adhere to strict uniform standards.
- High school diploma;
- Priority will be given to candidates completely fluent in English and French;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing exceptional customer service;
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience;
- Must be able to solve problems and make quick decisions in the interest of crew and guests;
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces;
- Must be flexible and able to work a varied schedule;
- Intermediate skill level with computers ;
- Post-secondary education an asset.
Safety and Security:
- Ensure the safety, security and comfort of all guests; which includes enforcing and following all standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with WestJet Encore and regulatory requirements;
- Operate safety and emergency equipment such as oxygen systems, aircraft doors, fire extinguishers, galley equipment, communication equipment, and lighting systems;
- Ability to handle first aid situations onboard the aircraft;
- Manage uncomfortable situations such as disruptive and unruly guests.
- Uphold exceptional guest service standards and Create A Remarkable Experience (CARE), both inflight and on the ground;
- Complete service and sales in accordance with WestJet Encore service standards;
- Greet and engage guests onboard the aircraft;
- Carry oneself with the utmost professionalism while on-duty;
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Phone reception and routing telephone calls. Receive ship and put away orders of stock. Data Entry of MOH approvals....
Our counsellors provide high quality professional telephone, web and chat-line counselling, education /referral to children and youth contacting Kids Help...
We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care, and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building...
During a family's shelter stay – programming for children and youth is offered to encourage academic growth and participation in diverse activities such as arts...
This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position, as a condition of employment. Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an...
Seeking students pursuing a degree in (but not limited to) Canadian History, Cultural Studies, Geography, Urban Planning or Hospitality and Tourism at a Toronto...
Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or...
Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and...
Other clerical duties include, but are not limited to room booking, record keeping, electronic and paper file management, filing, copying, faxing and mailing...