COURT ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (1) Job Opening in Ottawa East, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017Are you looking for a challenging new opportunity? If you have what it takes to work in an enforcement environment, consider this opportunity as a Court Enforcement Officer.
What can I expect to do in this role? Working in the field, you will:
• execute writs, warrants and orders of the court ensuring compliance with legislation and regulations
• compile and receive goods and monetary amounts to satisfy judgment
• prepare reports and court documents
• attend at evictions and provide related services
• act as Process Server by receiving documents to be served and by effecting personal service as ordered by the court
Please note: The candidate is required to successfully complete training on self-defence and tactical communications for ministry certification on use of self-defence
How do I qualify? Mandatory: • you have a valid class G driver's licence or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
• position requires oral French language skills at the advanced level and written French language skills at the advanced-minus level
Knowledge • you have the ability to interpret and apply enforcement procedures, relevant legislation and regulations
• you have the ability to understand functions of the Ontario court system, legal terminology and documentation
• you have the ability to acquire knowledge of investigative techniques
Analytical and Organizational Skills: • you have analytical, decision making and judgment skills to accurately assess and recognize escalating situations
• you have organizational and planning skills to determine priorities
Communication Skills: • you have interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with people in volatile situations and to provide clear explanations
Other Essential Skills: • you are proficient with computer software to prepare reports and document activities
• you have mathematical skills to calculate the interest, principal and cost incurred in order to satisfy the enforcement of a writ order
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Bilingual Permanent, 161 Elgin St, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Corrections and Enforcement
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Required license or certification:. We want to increase our contributions to the community and do good to make everyone’s quality of life the best that it can...
The Central Receptionist also provides a broad range of clerical/reception support to all components of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre....
First Aid and CPR certification an asset. Provide friendly and attentive service demonstrating Porter values....
No phone calls please.*. The Spa is looking to hire experienced, Front Desk Receptionists to join our Spa team. Spa or Salon Front Desk:....
Remember to upload a copy of your diploma(s) or a certificate of merit as well as a current version of your CV into the My documents section of your career...
Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons in visible minority groups._. The Ottawa Marriott is also committed to selection based on merit...
If you have valid test results using the CRA standardized assessment tools, you do not need to be reassessed;...
Provide a “World Class Call” customer service in assisting clients with their inquiries about our products, services, policies and claims (inbound calls)....
The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) of Ottawa is committed to protecting the children and youth of our community from abuse and neglect....