Helpdesk Technician Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Global Relay Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Global Relay is a rapidly growing business in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in January 2017 Global Relay is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Global Relay opens job chance for Helpdesk Technician located in Vancouver, BC. This option has been opened at the beginning of January 2017 and will be closed on the end of this month. If you're considering Helpdesk Technician, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Helpdesk Technician January 2017Global Relay Vancouver, BC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com ).
As a valued member of our Support Helpdesk Team, you are the face and voice of our Company. Through your knowledge, charisma and dedication, you will help ensure our clients Email and Archiving environments are running correctly and smoothly. This role puts you in the front seat with new challenges to conquer each and every day, allowing your troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills to truly shine. The Global Relay Helpdesk Team works closely with one another to collaboratively push the bar higher for customer service and satisfaction – with no cubicle walls closing in on us, our team is free to do what we do best: Help the customer. So, if you enjoy getting to the bottom of technical issues, sifting around server logs, configuring software or troubleshooting an Exchange environment, this is the opportunity for you!
- Provide first class technical assistance to our enterprise customers
- User management of Global Relay systems:
- Email and Spam Filtering
- Zimbra Collaboration Suite
- Public IM Capturing
- Email client configuration for Outlook, Mac Mail, Thunderbird, and mobile devices
- Email message delivery support and troubleshooting including SMTP Errors and NDR’s, analysing headers, server log tracing, and DNS issues
- Archiving configuration of Microsoft Exchange and other hosted email platforms including Office 365 and Google Apps
- Archiving configuration of Instant Messaging Clients including Global Relay Messenger, AIM, and Yahoo! Messenger
- Troubleshooting Exchange configuration issues with IT professionals, such as Exchange journaling and Active Directory integration
- Supporting the archival configuration of various systems, including Lync/OCS, BES, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, and Social Media platforms
- Assist in the testing of new systems, features and services
- Contribute to the continued growth of the team; helping to implement documentation, policies, and procedures
- Previous experience in technical support and/or helpdesk (Email hosting / archiving experience preferred)
- Must be able to clearly document issues and outline the resolution to support cases
- Strong working knowledge of the Internet in general, with an understanding of various protocols such as SMTP, DNS, TELNET, and OpenSSL
- A conceptual and technical understanding of email delivery, including how to interpret headers
- Experience with network troubleshooting and internet connectivity
- Working knowledge and ability to configure common mail clients, such as MS Outlook/Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently; communicating complex technical problems and solutions to end users of all skill levels
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Adaptive and a strong willingness to learn while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion with confidential information
- Understanding of the setup and components of various mail servers such as MS Exchange, Notes, Sendmail, Exim, and Postfix would be an asset
- A+, CCNA, or similar certification would be an asset
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to apply Helpdesk Technician. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Curious researcher, you are comfortable accessing multiple open source social media sites. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse...
Responsible for receiving, sorting, opening and distributing incoming mail and will be required to categorize and prepare outgoing....
Other duties may include processing forms of payment and responding to guest inquires. At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and...
The Part-time Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing general administrative and clerical support to the team including preparing...
Human Resources, Emily Carr University of Art + Design. 1399 Johnston Street, Vancouver BC V6H 3R9, Fax:. Shelving and filing returned or used material;...
The Admissions Assistant is a member of the International Admissions team and works to provide assistance and information to applicants, the Langara community...
Valid driver’s license and vehicle an asset. A love of children is essential as you'll be working with groups of children;...
Parks - Sports field & turf grass maintenance management equipment operations - Trail & related structure construction & maintenance - Horticulture & landscape...
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community....