Helpdesk Technician Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Global Relay Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Global Relay is an evergrowing company in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in December 2017 Global Relay is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Global Relay opens job opportunity for Helpdesk Technician located in Vancouver, BC. This option has been opened at the start of December 2017 and will be closed on the end of this month. If you're interested in Helpdesk Technician, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Helpdesk Technician December 2017Global Relay Vancouver, BC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com ).
As a valued member of our Support Helpdesk Team, you are the face and voice of our Company. Through your knowledge, charisma and dedication, you will help ensure our clients Email and Archiving environments are running correctly and smoothly. This role puts you in the front seat with new challenges to conquer each and every day, allowing your troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills to truly shine. The Global Relay Helpdesk Team works closely with one another to collaboratively push the bar higher for customer service and satisfaction – with no cubicle walls closing in on us, our team is free to do what we do best: Help the customer. So, if you enjoy getting to the bottom of technical issues, sifting around server logs, configuring software or troubleshooting an Exchange environment, this is the opportunity for you!
- Provide first class technical assistance to our enterprise customers
- User management of Global Relay systems:
- Email and Spam Filtering
- Zimbra Collaboration Suite
- Public IM Capturing
- Email client configuration for Outlook, Mac Mail, Thunderbird, and mobile devices
- Email message delivery support and troubleshooting including SMTP Errors and NDR’s, analysing headers, server log tracing, and DNS issues
- Archiving configuration of Microsoft Exchange and other hosted email platforms including Office 365 and Google Apps
- Archiving configuration of Instant Messaging Clients including Global Relay Messenger, AIM, and Yahoo! Messenger
- Troubleshooting Exchange configuration issues with IT professionals, such as Exchange journaling and Active Directory integration
- Supporting the archival configuration of various systems, including Lync/OCS, BES, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, and Social Media platforms
- Assist in the testing of new systems, features and services
- Contribute to the continued growth of the team; helping to implement documentation, policies, and procedures
- Previous experience in technical support and/or helpdesk (Email hosting / archiving experience preferred)
- Must be able to clearly document issues and outline the resolution to support cases
- Strong working knowledge of the Internet in general, with an understanding of various protocols such as SMTP, DNS, TELNET, and OpenSSL
- A conceptual and technical understanding of email delivery, including how to interpret headers
- Experience with network troubleshooting and internet connectivity
- Working knowledge and ability to configure common mail clients, such as MS Outlook/Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently; communicating complex technical problems and solutions to end users of all skill levels
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Adaptive and a strong willingness to learn while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion with confidential information
- Understanding of the setup and components of various mail servers such as MS Exchange, Notes, Sendmail, Exim, and Postfix would be an asset
- A+, CCNA, or similar certification would be an asset
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to use Helpdesk Technician. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Provide support as a member of the Front End team to include assisting customers during the checkout process, performing all cash register functions, bagging...
VPL values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly service. Personal information collected is used in accordance with the BC...
Specifically this position takes calls and transfers to the appropriate Department or individual, provides information and direction to the public over the...
Bachelor’s degree required. We are looking for an Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at our Corporate Office in Vancouver, British Columbia.*....
Benefits include BC Medical Service Plan coverage, prescription, dental, and vision care coverage, Short Term Disability, travel insurance, and more....
Within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization and established policies...
Electronic filing and filing of employee notebooks. Answers telephone and relays calls and messages. Post-secondary degree or diploma in human resources,...
Merchant lululemon athletica Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives....
The Admissions and Transfer Officers coordinate the evaluation of transfer credit for applicants and students including initial assessment, coordination with...