Accounting Technician Job Opening in Courtice, ON - Collins Barrow Durham Recruitment 2017
Are you interested in balancing your quality of life as accurately as you balance the books? If you have proven skills and experience in bookkeeping, preparing personal and corporate income tax returns, and preparing Notice to Readers, this position is for you! We have a position open for an Accounting Technician to join our Courtice team.
Collins Barrow Durham LLP is a locally owned and managed firm with a staff compliment of approximately 30. We have been providing public accounting, tax and entrepreneurial support services to the Durham Region for over 30 years. We are passionate about the clients we serve and the quality of our work, thus we put significant effort into finding the right accounting professionals to join our team. We foster a professional working environment, as well as the time, resources and knowledge to support each of our valued staff. The Durham Region has a very diverse business community which provides our staff with interesting experiences in all aspects of accounting, taxation, audit and business consulting with a vast number of industries.
Your primary responsibilities will include: In our tax focused firm, you will prepare Notice to Reader engagements, corporate and personal income tax returns, and general bookkeeping tasks all while ensuring time budgets and file deadlines are met. The primary systems utilized for preparing such work include QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, Profile, and Caseware Financials.
- A successful candidate will have:
- Proven technical abilities in preparing Notice to Reader engagements, and corporate and personal income tax returns;
- 2-4 years of accounting experience, preferably in public practice;
- Post-secondary accounting education is an asset, though not required;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, which can be conflicting with one another;
- Experience working with Profile, Caseware, Microsoft Office suite, QuickBooks and Simply Accounting;
- A logical and analytical mind with the skill to read and understand variances;
- An inclination for attention to details and accuracy;
- High ethical standards;
- A desire to be an integral part of a healthy team environment.
In exchange for your efforts you will enjoy:
- A highly supportive and hands-on training program and open-door policy to ensure you always feel on track to producing quality work.
- A comprehensive and competitive total rewards package based on your experience and performance.
All resume information received in confidence. While we appreciate all applications received, we can only contact directly those candidates selected for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
If you meet the qualifications necessary for success within the role you will be contacted to have a telephone interview before setting up an in-person...
Accurately, quickly, and courteously processing all transactions at the Register. “R” team members are friendly, customer-focused, and passionate about...
Free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please advise Human. Resource Services of any accommodations needed to ensure your access to a...
Reconciling, preparing and reviewing forms and correspondence for authorization, and assisting with the preparation and processing of administrative paperwork...
We are now recruiting Cashiers, Sales Associates, Stock Associates, Merchandisers, and Visual/Window dressers.*. Giving feedback for the orders....
Introducing game players to their rooms with amazing delivered scripts as well as resetting them once our guests leave....
Engage and inspire our customers on the floor. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. Aligns with Store Leadership on goals and objectives...
The receptionist will respond to all incoming calls, greet all visitors and answer inquiries in a positive and professional manner....
Takes initiative to elevate personal knowledge of all product categories in current and future merchandise and maintains awareness of store promotions, pricing...