Plant Coordinator Job Opening in Woodstock, ON - Armtec LP Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Armtec LP is a speedily growing business in Woodstock, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in May 2017 Armtec LP is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Armtec LP opens job chance of Plant Coordinator positioned in Woodstock, ON. This chance has been opened at the start of May 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Plant Coordinator, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Plant Coordinator May 2017Armtec LP Woodstock, ON
Non-Union Job Posting – Plant Coordinator in Woodstock, Ontario
Armtec is a leading manufacturer and marketer of a comprehensive range of infrastructure products and engineered construction solutions for customers in a diverse cross-section of industries that are located in every region of Canada, as well as in selected markets globally. We work on high profile projects delivering the highest standards, and we’re making a difference around the world.
As Canada’s largest Precast Concrete manufacturer, we have an opportunity for a
Plant Coordinator in Woodstock , Ontario – with high emphasis on Health & Safety.
The Plant Coordinator will report directly to the Operations Manager and will work closely with the Plant Superintendent and Supervisors and all Joint Health and Safety committees and/or sub-committees. All employees classified within this group are expected to have a manufacturing and/or construction background with expertise and solid knowledge in health and safety while performing with a quality conscious manner.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations ; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities.
- Promote Armtec’s EVERYBODY | EVERYWHERE | EVERYTIME safety vision.
- Participate in schedule planning & safe work practices for existing projects, inclusive of new project set-ups.
- Participate in manpower planning when transferring manpower between departments, with an eye on safety .
- Assist with the onboarding of new hourly, plant personnel with an emphasis on plant safety rules and work procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of Daily Safety Huddles and Toolbox Talks.
- In coordination with the Plant Superintendent and Supervisor, document sound SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Actively participate in 5S.
- Active participant of all Incident Investigations in the event of a medical aid/time loss or near miss accident; follow up on corrective action plans.
- Backup support to other key roles within Production to develop the skills required to progress.
- Actively participates in, and supports improvement projects related to production.
- Audits procedures and work instructions, to ensure safety , that they are understood and updated as required.
- Support and participate in special projects, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in manufacturing and/or construction with a strong emphasis on Health and Safety .
- Understanding of the Construction industry and knowledge of the Pre-Cast manufacturing techniques will be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a strong “safety culture” desirable.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive with a “Can Do” attitude.
- Advanced computer skills, including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ontario Health and Safety certifications are definite assets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to ensure compliance with all safety regulations and maintain diplomacy in the workplace
- Work closely with production teams to ensure documented, efficient, work procedures
- Integral participant in all Joint Health & Safety meetings
- Collaborate with Supervisors and Human Resources
Physical Effort – Time is spent in a plant atmosphere or outdoors, depending upon priorities of the day. Requires frequent periods of bending, standing and walking and does require the ability to move light to moderate material or equipment.
Physical Environment – Normal outdoor/indoor work environment which could include exposure to adverse weather conditions, some stress due to adherence to deadlines, which may require some overtime. Occasionally the incumbent works in an average outdoor setting and factory type building, which can be dirty, noisy, damp, and not uniformly heated. The incumbent is exposed to weather conditions, noise, dust, and occasional welding fumes and flashes.
Sensory Attention – A great deal of attention, both seeing and hearing, is required at all times. Many unusual occurrences can happen several times over the course of a day. The risk of accidents occurring is present. Attention must be given to accident potential in all areas of the plant and shipping yard.
Mental Stress – There is routine pressure from various sources to achieve results while, at the same time, care and control of motorized equipment. Occasional extra pressure can be experienced as a result of unforeseen events and decisions creating conflict.
Armtec LP is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. Armtec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category/group.
subject line MUST read “Plant Coordinator - Woodstock”
Job Type: Full-time
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply Plant Coordinator. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Mechanical aptitude and understanding of diesel motor vehicles is an asset, but not required. Post secondary education in a related field is an asset, but not...
Responsible for working within the guidelines of all applicable aspects of food safety program (ISO, HACCP, GMP)....
Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection process, please contact Human Resources for assistance....
Throughpartnership with MAs and DSMs, responsible for clearly identifying customerchallenges, needs, or opportunities and delivering creative and...
It's learning by doing, not by getting coffee, endless filing, or photocopying all day. From day one as a paid intern with Degree Media, you will acquire highly...
Please note that we only accept electronic resumes in response to a posted competition. Interested persons may submit their resumes for posted positions by...
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing anddistributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcareand educational facilities,...
Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms,...
Greg Evens, Human Resources. Demonstrated oral & written communication skills in English. April 18, 2017. Health and physical condition consistent with heavy...