COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (2) Job Opening in Thunder Bay, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is a quickly growing enterprise in Thunder Bay, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in April 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job opportunity for COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (2) located in Thunder Bay, ON. This chance has been opened at the beginning of April 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're enthusiastic about COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (2), please read about the terms and conditions below.
COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (2) April 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Thunder Bay, ON
• 2 temporary; irregular on-call positions
(you will work anywhere from zero to 36.25 hours per week; hours are not guaranteed)
What can I expect to do in this role? You will provide court support functions (pre-court, in-session and post-court) by:
• ensuring all pre-court work is conducted prior to each day's proceedings (example: preparation and presentation of exhibits, distributing court dockets)
• preparing and presenting all court documents and ensuring accuracy and completion of same
• testing court audio and recording equipment prior, during court and after each recess
• setting up, troubleshooting and monitoring court video technology for appearances that requires video
• maintaining order and decorum in the courtroom (example: administering oaths and cautions, relaying orders of the court arranging adjournment dates)
• liaising with various court staff, stakeholders and judiciary to ensure proper case-flow
• ensuring all proceedings are recorded and annotated in accordance to legislative requirements, ministry guidelines and standards
• ensuring courtroom and court recordings are secure and safeguarded
• preparing and checking court documents for accuracy and completion as per legislated requirements and Rules of Procedure
• coordinating and managing the jury panel and all jury related duties
You will provide client support at the public counter and in the court office by:
• providing professional and respectful services to clients at all times
• determining nature and scope of client needs in relation to requirements of the court
• providing advice and guidance to clients in alliance with legislation, rules, procedures and policy
• ensuring accuracy and completion of all filings and that timelines are adhered to
• preparing and signing court documents under statutory authority of clerk of the court (example: warrants of committal, restraining orders, affidavits)
• accurately inputting, updating and listing court information and filings into manual or computerized systems to ensure most up-to-date information is available
• recording statistics and preparing system generated reports
• process filings, fees, restitution, fines and payments
• issuing invoices and writing correspondence
• assisting with exhibit management and managing current and archival files
How do I qualify? Mandatory • you have availability to work on weekends and statutory holidays
• you can travel to other court locations and in small aircraft (small aircraft as required for remote locations)
• you have a valid Ontario Driver's License
Communication and Client Service Skills • you have demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and standards to consistently provide professional, responsive and accessible client service
• you have collaboration, team building and mentoring skills to provide leadership, technical advice, guidance and coaching to court staff
• you demonstrate professional and respectful behaviour to ensure a workplace free from bias, harassment and discrimination
• you can provide concise explanations and clarification of complex information (example: the Rules of Civil Procedure, guidelines, procedures, legislation)
• you have the ability to liaise and build rapport with the public, members of the legal community and court house staff to provide information and support relating to court orders and judgments
• you can prepare a variety of written documents with a high degree of accuracy (example: routine correspondence to clients, orders)
• you can address small to large groups of individuals in a public setting (example: during courtroom proceedings)
• you have listening and comprehension skills to ensure an accurate and complete recording of proceedings
• you have demonstrated attention to detail to ensure that forms and other legal documents are completed fully and accurately
Technical Proficiency You have:
• the ability to operate and troubleshoot digital recording devices to ensure the accurate recording and annotation of court proceedings, provide playback upon request of the court, to ensure the timely delivery of services and resolve operational and technical issues
• the ability to operate and troubleshoot multi-functional devices, remote video technology, electronic evidence display equipment, assistive listening devices, and child-friendly courtroom equipment to ensure the timely delivery of services and resolve operational and technical issues
Procedural Knowledge You have:
• the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of courtroom procedures, practices and protocols to ensure proper operation of the court (example: organizing court lists of day's proceedings)
• the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislative requirements, guidelines and directives (example: Criminal Code, Child and Family Services Act, Rules of Civil Procedure, lawyer's referral service) to provide information to clients and deliver court services
• the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of Court services division programs and services to direct clients to available services as the first point of contact
• experience with administrative and clerical functions in order to manage active and archived files
Planning and Organizational Skills You have:
• flexibility and adaptability to accommodate constant shifts in focus and changing priorities
• the ability to organize and prioritize your workload and to respond to unforeseen demands
• the ability to work independently and in a team environment
Problem Solving and Judgement Skills You have:
• demonstrated problem solving skills in order to identify, address and resolve clients' problems and concerns
• the ability to interpret and assess situations or circumstances and make sound judgements based on the information gathered
Other Essential Skills You have:
• proficiency with computer software (example: Microsoft Office), operational and case management systems (example: ICON and FRANK), and the Internet to access and retrieve information from databases, prepare correspondence and to conduct research
• keyboarding skills to accurately prepare and complete documentation and to annotate court proceedings within tight deadlines
• arithmetic skills to receive payments, calculate fees, collect and balance monies
• the ability to operate a cash register and point of sale machine to handle cash and credit/debit card transactions
Additional Information: Address:
- 2 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months, 125 Brodie Street North, Thunder Bay, North Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Thursday, January 5, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (2). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Maintain community partnerships and working relationships with other youth service providers, the public, community agencies and advocacy groups....
Performs confidential administrative and clerical support to staff in the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, including but not limited to, keying...
Perform general clerical duties for Management to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing and filing....
Valid driver’s licence. As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities,...
The job duties include administrative support, appointment booking, updating patient records, billing, and light housekeeping....
The successful incumbent must have solid communication skills (both written and verbal) as some of the work will require updating the International website,...
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible...
The Human Resources Department located at the. Workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by 4:00 p...
A working knowledge of market dynamics and a strong understanding of customer requirements. Position closes on Tuesday, March 28th, 2017.*....