Admissions Officer Job Opening in Saskatoon, SK - University of Saskatchewan Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - University of Saskatchewan is a growing company in Saskatoon, SK. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in December 2017 University of Saskatchewan is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. University of Saskatchewan opens job chance of Admissions Officer located in Saskatoon, SK. This chance has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Admissions Officer, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Admissions Officer December 2017University of Saskatchewan Saskatoon, SK
Description: There is 1 opening for this posting. Located in Saskatoon.
Primary Purpose: To evaluate international and domestic education qualifications, credentials, and transcripts for graduate and undergraduate program admissibility, verify the authenticity of international documents, develop and maintain a resource library/database of international education systems, and deliver training sessions on the evaluation and conversion of international and domestic education qualifications as well as to perform transfer credit evaluations for international applicants at the undergraduate level.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Manager of Admissions and Transfer Credit, Vice-Provost Teaching and Learning (VPTL), you will assess the credentials of international and domestic undergraduate and graduate student applicants; contribute to developing, updating and maintaining appropriate tools for units to effectively and consistently evaluate international and domestic credentials; produce standard operating procedures for international and domestic credential assessment; train staff on the process and use of the available tools; monitor credential-evaluation decisions for consistency and accuracy; and contribute to excellent prospective student service. You will help in the development of an undergraduate transfer credit database as well as evaluate undergraduate transcripts for transfer credit while working closely with and communicating to stakeholders (students, departments and colleges).
- Work in collaboration with College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS), VPTL, and other stakeholders, as part of a credential evaluation team, to aid departments administering graduate programs in evaluating international and domestic credentials for admission
- Evaluate credentials according to best practices and in accordance with admission policies and calculate admission and awards averages
- Empower academic units to learn and support credential evaluation and act as a resource for academic units regarding the interpretation and assessment of international and domestic credentials
- Continue development and maintenance of a complete set of procedures for units to verify the accreditation of the institutions, authenticate documents, and conduct grade conversions for international and domestic student applicants
- Continue to develop, maintain and promote technology and tools to aid in credential evaluation, and to provide efficient and timely service to prospective undergraduate and graduate students
- Ensure updated and complete information is available online for potential students to allow them to prescreen their application, and for administrative staff to guide and support their work
- Perform transfer credit evaluations for international undergraduate applicants and outgoing exchange students according to best practices.
Education and Experience: Candidate must demonstrate expertise in credential evaluation, and knowledge of best practices in credential evaluation. 2+ years’ experience in evaluating international and domestic credentials for admission in a post-secondary institution strongly preferred. Completion of post-secondary education strongly preferred, but a combination of education and direct experience will be considered.
- Strong, analytical, critical thinking and communication skills required
- Strong student service focus
- Able to engage stakeholders and build consensus
- Demonstrated capacity for facilitating and managing change
- Proven aptitude to develop and evaluate administrative tools and procedures
- Able to work independently and thrive as an integral part of a cross-unit team
- Full computer literacy required
- Some programming/database development experience an advantage.
This position is in scope of ASPA.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply Admissions Officer. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The position establishes and maintains professional working relationships with a diverse group including students, staff, instructors, the University community,...
In this role you will receive incoming calls from customers and you are the prime contact to resolve technical issues customers have with their services....
LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners....
Registering program students by block and extension students by individual course on Banner Student under direction of the Assistant Registrar or Registration...
Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid full-driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven....
Safe and efficient movement of product within the warehouse and yard. Picking and packaging and shipment of transfers and customer orders....
Answer all incoming switchboard calls cheerfully. Calculate, enter & batch manual credit & debit adjustments. Reporting to the office manager the Administrative...
In addition to a competitive salary, our total rewards package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group...
We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities and veterans....