Lead Mechanical Engineer Job Opening in Medicine Hat, AB - Methanex Corporation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Methanex Corporation is a quickly growing firm in Medicine Hat, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in November 2017 Methanex Corporation is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Methanex Corporation opens job chance for Lead Mechanical Engineer placed in Medicine Hat, AB. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of November 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Lead Mechanical Engineer, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Lead Mechanical Engineer November 2017Methanex Corporation Medicine Hat, AB
- Utilize the Management of Change (MOC) procedure to manage technical projects that relate to piping, pressure vessels, rotating equipment and related equipment from initiation to completion
- Align and motivate direct reports to achieve departmental objects, and promote their technical and core competency development
- Oversee and ensure seamless support is provided by the mechanical team to the Operations, Maintenance and Asset Integrity site teams, especially in regard to emergency changes and equipment maintenance issues
- Support the Technical team with mechanical engineering for modifications and upgrades made to the plant
- Support the department manager with review and management of the annual operating and capital budgets for the department, update the capital expenditure plan and report on financial utilization on a consistent basis, and ensure project leads effectively and efficiently manage operation and project costs
- Ensure compliance with Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA) requirements regarding pressure equipment, ensure maintenance of the site Pressure Equipment Integrity Management Program, and oversee development and maintenance of the site Risk Based Inspection program
- Ensure that a strategic plan for site static equipment is developed and maintained and that pre-planning is in place prior to shutdowns and turnarounds
- Manage contract engineering services that are responsible for mechanical modifications and upgrades
- Actively participate as a member of the Global Mechanical Team (GMT), attend monthly conference calls, collaboratively identify key activities to globally align mechanical teams and share knowledge and expertise with other Methanex sites
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineer or Science, or other relevant discipline
- Eight years of relevant technical experience in a chemical, energy or other relevant discipline, supplemented by five years of leadership experience in a supervisory role
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation through the Association of Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), and project management certification, are valuable assets
- Strong knowledge of engineering practices and workflow
- Knowledge of full-cycle project management, including cost management, contract management and resource management
- Superior ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships, including strong collaboration skills
- Customer-focused perspective evidenced by a commitment to meet and exceed the expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Superior mentoring skills and a demonstrated ability to foster the engagement and development of direct reports, challenge and stretch team members in meaningful ways, and build a strong, agile team
- A history of managerial courage, characterized by the ability to identify and address issues quickly and directly, including the ability to provide specific and actionable feedback to others
- Results-driven and continuous improvement focused with a demonstrated history of organizational agility, including a strong knowledge of how organizations work and the ability to effectively utilize formal channels and informal networks
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity, evidenced by the agility to respond to shifting priorities and effectively cope with change
- Superior technical problem-solving skills and sound judgment, demonstrated by an ability to make valuable and expedient decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom and experience
- Superior planning skills and attention to detail, including the ability to set objectives and goals, delegate responsibilities, anticipate obstacles, measure performance against goals and evaluate results
- Extremely organized with strong prioritization and time management skills, demonstrated through a consistent ability to manage multiple, competing demands while maintaining schedules and meeting timelines
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, written and verbal communication and listening skills
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to use Lead Mechanical Engineer. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Handles cash transactions, has good interaction skills with customers; Your typical duties may include packaging and portioning food items, preparing food...
Process cash register payments by cash, cheque, credit card, gift card and debit. We offer regular pay increases for hourly employees, flexible scheduling and a...
This position is responsible for receipt matching, accurate and timely data entry, verification of invoices, as well as the processing and distribution of...
Valid driver’s license. Required license or certification:. Class 5 Drivers License. We offer a comprehensive employee benefit package complimented with...
The Document Control Coordinator oversees and coordinates the document-related activities of the engineering teams, project administration, and client document...
Valid drivers license and a reliable vehicle. Required license or certification:. Reporting to the Executive Director we are seeking an Independent Business...
Tutors of all experience levels are invited to apply, including college students, certified teachers, and retired professionals....
The successful candidate will have a minimum Early Childhood Assistant Certificate, clean criminal record check, child intervention check and first aid....
Match purchase orders to invoices. Ensure payments are processed on time to ensure prompt payment discounts. Review daily invoices and payments for accuracy....