Engineer Production I Job Opening in Thorold, ON - Occidental Petroleum Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Occidental Petroleum is an evergrowing company in Thorold, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in November 2017 Occidental Petroleum is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Occidental Petroleum opens job opportunity for Engineer Production I placed in Thorold, ON. This option has been opened at the start of November 2017 and will be closed on the end of this month. If you're thinking about Engineer Production I, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Engineer Production I November 2017Occidental Petroleum Thorold, ON
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Production Engineer with our Chemical Plant located in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Essential Job Duties:
- This position primarilly troubleshoots existing processes and designs, plans and implements process modifications to improve or maintain quality, productivity, cost control, safety and environmental compliance. Maintains all necessary productivity, downtime and month end reports. The individual in this position works mostly unsupervised, focusing on the strategic goals of the Niagara Plant Resin Unit. Will be expected to respond to process issues off hours. Must be able to respond to emergency call outs 24/7.
1/ Maintains the suspension resin manufacturing process at an optimum to maximize productivity and improves or maintains quality
- Interacts with Oxy North/West production personnel and management (operations and technical), plant maintenance group, plant utilities group, engineering department, safety department, laboratory, U.S. Large Poly Plants and technical representatives.
- Interpretation of chemical engineering principles and PVC manufacturing technology. Interprets process parameters/data and quality data. Performs supervision and data collection of design experiments.
- Prepares the morning meeting production report. Reads Operator and Foreman log sheets, searches out information from specific individuals, as needed. Calculates the downtime and causes for both north and west lines for the previous day. Attends morning meeting and discuss any findings.
- Updates and maintains productivity reports, cycle time data, poly per Shift Supervisors, chip catchers, and monthly downtime reports, for both north and west lines and present to the technical group on a monthly basis.
- Optimizes Erformschnology. Interpretation productivity by analyzing the catalyst loading for both north and west lines on a daily basis, communicates findings with the Foreman.
- Attends shift team/foreman meetings. Attend troubleshooting sessions within and outside area of responsibility; leads these groups as required. Attends for both north and west lines, and make presentations at PVC technical meetings and similar plant to plant meetings.
- Fills in for Production Superintendent when needed, submits the Daily Production Report and responds to the day-to-day activities.
- Addresses and troubleshoots process issues as they arise on both north and west lines on a daily basis, liaises with Shift Supervisors, Operators, Maintenance and I&E personnel.
- Participates in equipment inspections.
2/ Designs and implements projects that modifies the process to improve per Shift Supervisors in quality, productivity, cost reduction/control, safety and environmental compliance
- Completes small scale projects based on interpretation of design experiments, lab analysis, process control data analysis and SPC/SQC data trends.
- Presents detailed designs of modifications to management for approvals.
- Completes and receives approval for all Management of Change documentation and check sheets.
- Completes bid analysis. Implements approved project modifications; orders project materials, co-ordinates permits and contractor crews within the operations schedule.
- Prepares documentation, completes testing of modifications and prepares a close-out report.
- Assists with preparing operating procedures and trains Operators/Shift Supervisor as required.
3/ Practices and promotes production planning and productivity goals
- Maintains all necessary productivity, downtime and month end reports.
- Co-ordinates/schedules the scheduling of product runs in the production areas to meet market demand and inventory.
- Communicates with Dallas scheduling daily to ensure that current schedule is adequate to meet changing market needs.
- Works closely with Resin Unit management staff, production personnel, Customer Service and Distribution to ensure that changes to current schedule are communicated and implemented at the appropriate times.
- Co-ordinates production runs to ensure maximum productivity from each run.
- Directs Pigment Operator as to which pigments need to be made up, daily. Also keep them informed of incoming raw materials and changing production schedules.
- Checks and maintains current resin conversions for inventory reporting on SAP and ensures production has been entered correctly on SAP.
- Monitors and orders all recipe raw materials for both production areas.
- Co-ordinates the purchasing, ordering and shipping of new raw materials for MA runs.
- Maintains enough raw materials in inventory to produce scheduled amount of each resin type.
- Orders and receives all raw materials on SAP. Ensure SAP inventory levels are correct.
- Initiates meetings and resolve issues with raw material suppliers. Communicates efforts back to Dallas Purchasing.
- Maintains BOM's in SAP to accurately reflect actual raw material consumptions.
4/ Health, Safety & Environment
- Conducts daily work activities in support of HSE objectives and policies.
- Uses personal accountability to assist with carrying out duties, responsibilities and authority as defined in HSE programs, practices and procedures. Understand HSE policies and programs.
- Works safely, with respect to health and environmental requirements.
- Attends in-house safety training and monthly safety meetings, as well as participates in the safety Observer program.
- Participates in Incident Reviews and HAZOP analyses as required.
- Completes all Management of Change (MOC) documentation.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in preferably Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of plant Engineering including processes, procedures and related systems in a plant environment.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
- Knowledge of computers and ability to operate computer systems and software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook, and to conduct research using the internet. SAP and DCS knowledge / experience would be an asset.
- High level of problem solving/analytical skills, strong organizational and coordination skills. Ability to work independently and within a team is required.
- Must have related experience and be familiar with plant operations, systems, processes and procedures .
- Proven experience with diagnostic, analytical and problem solving to resolve issues effectively. Previous engineering related experience including planning, coordinating, organizing work or projects.
- Related experience in preparing reports and maintaining records. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to deal with tact, diplomacy and courtesy.
- Must have previous experience with Health and Safety practices and procedures in a manufacturing environment, ideally a chemical processing facility.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply Engineer Production I. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Programmer/Analyst will work closely with the development team and their partners, contributing to the development of web...
Required license or certification:. No experience required, must have vaild drive license, and over the age of 18....
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
The three plants employ more than 8,000 workers and produce more than 579,000 vehicles each year. Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2015 –one of the country’s...
The Csr is the first staff to answer phone calls, and always communicates in a professional manner, while directing callers to the appropriate staff to handle...
The Shaw Festival Theatre, located in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario in the heart of Niagara Region's renowned wine country, is seeking a full-time...
MRC is the world's first ISO 14001 Certified ship recycling company. Social Insurance Number. Mail or telephone inquires will not be acknowledged....
Please submit a completed job application and your most current resume. (Casual, Regular Part-time, Regular Full-time)....
CPR/ First Aid C. Assist school-age teacher with providing a quality child care program. Experience working with children. Current police check....