COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (1) Job Opening in Brantford, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is a speedily growing provider in Brantford, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in December 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job opportunity for COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (1) put in Brantford, ON. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (1), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (1) December 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Brantford, ON
Please Note: you will work zero to 36.25 hours per week, depending on operational requirements, with no guaranteed hours.
What can I expect to do in this role? You will provide court support functions (pre-court, in-session and post-court) by:
• ensuring all pre-court work is conducted prior to each day's proceedings (example: preparation and presentation of exhibits, distributing court dockets)
• preparing and presenting all court documents and ensuring accuracy and completion of same
• testing court audio and recording equipment prior, during court and after each recess
• setting up, troubleshooting and monitoring court video technology for appearances that requires video
• maintaining order and decorum in the courtroom (example: administering oaths and cautions, relaying orders of the court arranging adjournment dates)
• liaising with various court staff, stakeholders and judiciary to ensure proper case-flow
• ensuring all proceedings are recorded and annotated in accordance to legislative requirements, ministry guidelines and standards
• ensuring courtroom and court recordings are secure and safeguarded
• preparing and checking court documents for accuracy and completion as per legislated requirements and Rules of Procedure
• coordinating and managing the jury panel and all jury related duties
You will provide client support at the public counter and in the court office by:
• providing professional and respectful services to clients at all times
• determining nature and scope of client needs in relation to requirements of the court
• providing advice and guidance to clients in alliance with legislation, rules, procedures and policy
• ensuring accuracy and completion of all filings and that timelines are adhered to
• preparing and signing court documents under statutory authority of clerk of the court (example: warrants of committal, restraining orders, affidavits)
• accurately inputting, updating and listing court information and filings into manual or computerized systems to ensure most up-to-date information is available
• recording statistics and preparing system generated reports
• process filings, fees, restitution, fines and payments
assisting with exhibit management and managing current and archival files
• issuing invoices and writing correspondence
How do I qualify? Communication and Client Service Skills • you have demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and standards to consistently provide professional, responsive and accessible client service
• you have collaboration, team building and mentoring skills to provide leadership, technical advice, guidance and coaching to court staff
• you demonstrate professional and respectful behaviour to ensure a workplace free from bias, harassment and discrimination
• you can provide concise explanations and clarification of complex information (example: the Rules of Civil Procedure, guidelines, procedures, legislation)
• you have the ability to liaise and build rapport with the public, members of the legal community and court house staff to provide information and support relating to court orders and judgments
• you can prepare a variety of written documents with a high degree of accuracy (example: routine correspondence to clients, orders)
• you can address small to large groups of individuals in a public setting (example: during courtroom proceedings)
• you have listening and comprehension skills to ensure an accurate and complete recording of proceedings
• you have demonstrated attention to detail to ensure that forms and other legal documents are completed fully and accurately
Technical Proficiency You have:
• the ability to operate and troubleshoot digital recording devices to ensure the accurate recording and annotation of court proceedings, provide playback upon request of the court, to ensure the timely delivery of services and resolve operational and technical issues
• the ability to operate and troubleshoot multi-functional devices, remote video technology, electronic evidence display equipment, assistive listening devices, and child-friendly courtroom equipment to ensure the timely delivery of services and resolve operational and technical issues
Procedural Knowledge You have:
• the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of courtroom procedures, practices and protocols to ensure proper operation of the court (example: organizing court lists of day's proceedings)
• the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislative requirements, guidelines and directives (example: Criminal Code, Child and Family Services Act, Rules of Civil Procedure, lawyer's referral service) to provide information to clients and deliver court services
• the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of Court services division programs and services to direct clients to available services as the first point of contact
• experience with administrative and clerical functions in order to manage active and archived files
Planning and Organizational Skills You have:
• flexibility and adaptability to accommodate constant shifts in focus and changing priorities
• the ability to organize and prioritize your workload and to respond to unforeseen demands
• the ability to work independently and in a team environment
Problem Solving and Judgement Skills You have:
• demonstrated problem solving skills in order to identify, address and resolve clients' problems and concerns
• the ability to interpret and assess situations or circumstances and make sound judgements based on the information gathered
Other Essential Skills You have:
• proficiency with computer software (example: Microsoft Office), operational and case management systems (example: ICON and FRANK), and the Internet to access and retrieve information from databases, prepare correspondence and to conduct research
• keyboarding skills to accurately prepare and complete documentation and to annotate court proceedings within tight deadlines
• arithmetic skills to receive payments, calculate fees, collect and balance monies
• the ability to operate a cash register and point of sale machine to handle cash and credit/debit card transactions
You may be required to travel to other court locations such as Simcoe and Cayuga court houses.
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months, 44 Queen St, Brantford, West Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Administrative and Support Services
Monday, January 9, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use COURT AND CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (1). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Required license or certification:. Driver’s License G2. Driver's License G2. Independent Courier Delivery Driver /Owner Operator to deliver to our clients’....
Population health assessment and surveillance, program planning and evaluation, research and quality improvement....
Vehicle and valid driver’s licence, to enable travel between customer sites. Interested applicants must submit a current cover letter and resume to the Human...
Duties include (but are not limited to) telephone reception, scheduling appointments, checking-in patients, notification for test and specialty appointments,...
A full valid driver’s license and clean driver’s record. 3 years of driving experience with a full valid license....
Possess and maintain driving record deemed satisfactory by the Employer at the time of hire and a valid driver’s licence (Candidate’s must provide a recent copy...
Answer an Automatic Call Distributor telephone system, providing information and assistance to workers, employers, representatives and internal business...
No phone calls please. This is an entry level role that has potential for growth. This position is responsible for the accurate picking, packing, shipping and...
Required license or certification:. Manage accidents (First Aid Intervention, accident reporting, accident investigation,) supported by the Supervisor,...