COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2) Job Opening in Brampton, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is a quickly growing organization in Brampton, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in October 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job chance for COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2) placed in Brampton, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of October 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2), please read about the terms and conditions below.
COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2) October 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Brampton, ON
• 2 Flexible Part-Time: in this position you will work 42 hours bi-weekly (1096 hours per year).
What can I expect to do in this role? You will:
• ensure the effective operation of ministry approved court-recording devices
• make annotations to the court record in accordance with Ministry Annotation Standards for Digital Recordings
• ensure the security of the court recordings, safeguarding against unauthorized access or copying
• ensure quality of audio recording to ascertain and verify all contents of recordings
• speak publically during court proceedings to seek clarification and to ensure audio is being recorded clearly
• process documentation filed in court (example: Factums, copies of exhibits)
• prepare and maintain courtroom for proceedings (example: posting dockets, providing court dates, opening and closing court, administering oaths)
• respond to inquires and provide instruction to clients via telephone, in person or via correspondence (example: email) relating to the recording of proceedings
How do I qualify? Technical Knowledge: You have:
• an understanding of courtroom decorum and protocol as well as court practices, procedures and directives to prepare and maintain the courtroom for proceedings
• the ability to acquire knowledge of legal terminology
• the ability to interpret and apply relevant sections of federal and provincial legislation defining the recording of court proceedings and the types of proceedings (example: Criminal Code of Canada and Provincial Offences Act)
• the ability to acquire knowledge and apply understanding of manuals, policies, procedures, guidelines and standards (example: Courtroom Procedures Manual, Ministry Annotation Standards for Digital Recordings) pertaining to the recording of proceedings
Communication, Interpersonal and Client Service Skills: • you have listening and comprehension skills to ensure an accurate and complete recording of proceedings
• you can provide professional, responsive and accessible customer and client service
• you can remain composed and provide information/instruction to a variety of stakeholders (example: judiciary, counsel, police, court staff and the general public) in a courteous and respectful manner
• you can address small to large groups of individuals in a public setting (example: opening and closing court, administering oaths)
• you can prepare a variety of written documents (example: routine correspondence to clients, forms and orders)
Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail: You have:
• accurate keyboarding skills to annotate court proceedings
• the ability to organize and prioritize your workload and to respond to unforeseen demands
• experience working independently and in a team environment
Problem Solving and Judgment Skills: • you have demonstrated problem solving skills in order to identify, address, resolve or refer clients' problems and concerns
• you can maintain confidentiality and security for all recordings
• you can use tact to interrupt and clarify court proceedings and to ensure an accurate and complete recording
Computer and Digital Recording Skills: You have:
• the ability to operate and troubleshoot digital recording equipment and related software (example: Liberty Court Recorder, Liberty Court Player) to ensure the proper recording and annotation of court proceedings, provide playback upon request of the court and resolve operational and technical issues
• proficiency with word processing and email software (example: MS Word, Outlook) to prepare correspondence and court papers as well as input and access information
Please note: The Brampton Courthouse is a scent-free environment.
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
Additional Information: Address:
- 2 Temporary - Flexible PartTime, duration up to 5.5 months, 7755 Hurontario St, Brampton, Central Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Monday, January 9, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2). If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests....
Under the direction of the Manager of International Business Development and Partnerships responsible for international customer service and marketing, the...
Under the guidance of the HR Manager, you'll carry out critical day-to-day Human Resources tasks and provide direct support to a number of internal customers...
Handling of highly confidential matters whilst communicating professionally and discretely i.e. correspondence, telephone inquiries, etc. for the Managing...
Answering inquiries and providing information to the public; Clerical support, including data entry and other tasks as assigned;...
Have experience teaching or coaching young children. This is the perfect job for those who need experience working with children....
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. At Scotiabank, we offer a world class culture based on recognition, development...
Responsible for processing Invoices. The role of a Systems Office Associate is to provide exceptional customer service to both our internal and external clients...
APPLICANT MUST HAVE VALID DRIVERS LICENSE TO OPERATE COMPANY VEHICLE WHEN REQUIRED TO PICK UP PARTS ETC.*. Required license or certification:....