COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2) Job Opening in Brampton, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is a speedily growing enterprise in Brampton, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in August 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job opportunity for COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2) put in Brampton, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the start of August 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're considering COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2) August 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Brampton, ON
• 2 Flexible Part-Time: in this position you will work 42 hours bi-weekly (1096 hours per year).
What can I expect to do in this role? You will:
• ensure the effective operation of ministry approved court-recording devices
• make annotations to the court record in accordance with Ministry Annotation Standards for Digital Recordings
• ensure the security of the court recordings, safeguarding against unauthorized access or copying
• ensure quality of audio recording to ascertain and verify all contents of recordings
• speak publically during court proceedings to seek clarification and to ensure audio is being recorded clearly
• process documentation filed in court (example: Factums, copies of exhibits)
• prepare and maintain courtroom for proceedings (example: posting dockets, providing court dates, opening and closing court, administering oaths)
• respond to inquires and provide instruction to clients via telephone, in person or via correspondence (example: email) relating to the recording of proceedings
How do I qualify? Technical Knowledge: You have:
• an understanding of courtroom decorum and protocol as well as court practices, procedures and directives to prepare and maintain the courtroom for proceedings
• the ability to acquire knowledge of legal terminology
• the ability to interpret and apply relevant sections of federal and provincial legislation defining the recording of court proceedings and the types of proceedings (example: Criminal Code of Canada and Provincial Offences Act)
• the ability to acquire knowledge and apply understanding of manuals, policies, procedures, guidelines and standards (example: Courtroom Procedures Manual, Ministry Annotation Standards for Digital Recordings) pertaining to the recording of proceedings
Communication, Interpersonal and Client Service Skills: • you have listening and comprehension skills to ensure an accurate and complete recording of proceedings
• you can provide professional, responsive and accessible customer and client service
• you can remain composed and provide information/instruction to a variety of stakeholders (example: judiciary, counsel, police, court staff and the general public) in a courteous and respectful manner
• you can address small to large groups of individuals in a public setting (example: opening and closing court, administering oaths)
• you can prepare a variety of written documents (example: routine correspondence to clients, forms and orders)
Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail: You have:
• accurate keyboarding skills to annotate court proceedings
• the ability to organize and prioritize your workload and to respond to unforeseen demands
• experience working independently and in a team environment
Problem Solving and Judgment Skills: • you have demonstrated problem solving skills in order to identify, address, resolve or refer clients' problems and concerns
• you can maintain confidentiality and security for all recordings
• you can use tact to interrupt and clarify court proceedings and to ensure an accurate and complete recording
Computer and Digital Recording Skills: You have:
• the ability to operate and troubleshoot digital recording equipment and related software (example: Liberty Court Recorder, Liberty Court Player) to ensure the proper recording and annotation of court proceedings, provide playback upon request of the court and resolve operational and technical issues
• proficiency with word processing and email software (example: MS Word, Outlook) to prepare correspondence and court papers as well as input and access information
Please note: The Brampton Courthouse is a scent-free environment.
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
Additional Information: Address:
- 2 Temporary - Flexible PartTime, duration up to 5.5 months, 7755 Hurontario St, Brampton, Central Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Monday, January 9, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use COURT REPORTER (FLEXIBLE PART-TIME 1096 HOURS/YEAR) (2). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
_TEMPORARY MERCHANDISE HANDLERS – 30 and 40 HRS/WEEK_*. Now Hiring now until December:. At our distribution centre near (Coleraine Drive/ Healey Road)....
We are currently looking for Grocery Overnight clerks. Must be able to work weekdays and weekends. Experience an asset. Job Type: Part
Answering calls and assisting all stakeholders with their enquiries Processing of paperwork; Scanning, processing, invoicing Data Entry General filing and...
At Scotiabank, we offer a world class culture based on recognition, development and excellence. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100...
Handling cash, debit and credit card transactions. Greeting and welcoming customers. We are looking for a professional and courteous individual to be...
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Traffic Outside Services, this role i nstalls and maintains signs, assists Truck Driver and stakes out utility sites....
Sufficiently handling weekly money transactions including Cheque, Cash, Money draft or Debit/Credit. Meet and Greet, Interact with clients to finalize food...
Must hold a valid drivers license (AZ) Air brake endorsement for license. Nous valorisons la diversité et l’inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons...
After-school program leaders are responsible for working with children from the ages of 3-10 on a part-time basis on weekdays generally in the 3PM-4PM time...