Seasonal Pesticide Applicator Job Opening in Clairmont, AB - County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - County of Grande Prairie No. 1 is a growing company in Clairmont, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in August 2017 County of Grande Prairie No. 1 is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. County of Grande Prairie No. 1 opens job chance for Seasonal Pesticide Applicator put in Clairmont, AB. This chance has been opened at the start of August 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're considering Seasonal Pesticide Applicator, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Seasonal Pesticide Applicator August 2017County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Clairmont, AB
Seasonal Pesticide Applicators
Agriculture department – Community Services division
Closing Date: January 27, 2017 @ 8:30 a.m. or until suitable candidates are selected
Salary Range: $23.04 - $27.49 hourly
Schedule: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. w/some evening/weekend/on-call work
Position Type: Temporary, full-time non-management
The County of Grande Prairie is currently recruiting Seasonal Pesticide Sprayers for our 2017 summer season which typically runs from May to mid-October (approx.). Pesticide Sprayers are responsible for spraying weeds and brush on County-owned property including on roadsides and in gravel pits. This position typically works from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; however, during the peak spraying season (mid-June to the end of August) a 5:00 a.m. start time may be required.
Duties include; but are not limited to:
- Assessing and documenting areas to be sprayed and determining priorities and water location;
- Locating spray areas on map;
- Safely loading and filling water and chemical, and transporting to spray site;
- Determining and then double checking whether the area is a no-spray zone;
- Identifying target species while on the move;
- Monitoring water/chemical use and distance covered;
- Operating sprayer equipment; including truck, UTV, ATV, and backpack;
- Using a laptop in the truck;
- Maintaining spraying records;
- Daily and monthly reporting;
- Chemical spill containment and clean-up.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Experience with weed and crop identification an asset;
- Pesticide Applicator’s License (Industrial and Agricultural) or Authorized Assistant Certificate an asset;
- Ability to maintain the equipment used (i.e. change oil);
- Spray truck/UTV/ATV/trailer hauling experience an asset;
- Ability to manage time, priorities and multiple tasks often at the same time;
- Comfortable using computers, including MS Office software;
- Comfortable reading maps and accurately determining land locations;
- Physically fit.
Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from work as there is no bus service to County offices.
Job Type: Temporary
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to use Seasonal Pesticide Applicator. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
PART TIME MAY LEAD INTO FULL TIME Duties are but not limited to: - answering phones -greeting customers - filing - data entry other tasks as they may
Conduct regular inspections of the physical plant, establish a preventative maintenance program, conduct inspections of mechanical, generators, electrical, and...
This position will perform duties that may involve greeting customers or visitors, answering multi-line telephones or a small switchboard....
Reception duties including screen and process all inquiries by phone and in person and relay messages. Aquatera Utilities is Alberta’s first municipally owned...
Journeyman Cook Certificate preferred. Conducts food quality audits as per established standards and forms. Stores food items, supplies and leftovers following...
Office Experience including accuracy in typing and entry/ retrieval of computer data and the office filing systems....
H2S PST TDG WHMIS and a valid drivers licence. Required license or certification:. We are looking for a professional personable Registered EMR....
Valid Class 5 driver’s license. Valid 3rd/4th Class Power Engineer certificate (3rd Class preferred). Current H2S Alive, First Aid/CPR, Confined Space Entry....
Valid driver’s license. Our unique additional perks program includes exclusive discounts with variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM,...