Seasonal Pesticide Applicator Job Opening in Clairmont, AB - County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Recruitment 2017
Seasonal Pesticide Applicators
Agriculture department – Community Services division
Closing Date: January 27, 2017 @ 8:30 a.m. or until suitable candidates are selected
Salary Range: $23.04 - $27.49 hourly
Schedule: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. w/some evening/weekend/on-call work
Position Type: Temporary, full-time non-management
The County of Grande Prairie is currently recruiting Seasonal Pesticide Sprayers for our 2017 summer season which typically runs from May to mid-October (approx.). Pesticide Sprayers are responsible for spraying weeds and brush on County-owned property including on roadsides and in gravel pits. This position typically works from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; however, during the peak spraying season (mid-June to the end of August) a 5:00 a.m. start time may be required.
Duties include; but are not limited to:
- Assessing and documenting areas to be sprayed and determining priorities and water location;
- Locating spray areas on map;
- Safely loading and filling water and chemical, and transporting to spray site;
- Determining and then double checking whether the area is a no-spray zone;
- Identifying target species while on the move;
- Monitoring water/chemical use and distance covered;
- Operating sprayer equipment; including truck, UTV, ATV, and backpack;
- Using a laptop in the truck;
- Maintaining spraying records;
- Daily and monthly reporting;
- Chemical spill containment and clean-up.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Experience with weed and crop identification an asset;
- Pesticide Applicator’s License (Industrial and Agricultural) or Authorized Assistant Certificate an asset;
- Ability to maintain the equipment used (i.e. change oil);
- Spray truck/UTV/ATV/trailer hauling experience an asset;
- Ability to manage time, priorities and multiple tasks often at the same time;
- Comfortable using computers, including MS Office software;
- Comfortable reading maps and accurately determining land locations;
- Physically fit.
Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from work as there is no bus service to County offices.
Job Type: Temporary
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
*_Western Manufacturing is looking for a self-motivated person who can work independently to identify needs throughout the shop and the yard and address and
Requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid drivers license. As a Frac Acid Operator Assistant I, your job is to learn basic safety and...
Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver's License may be required depending on the building. Certification in First Aid and WHMIS....
Possess a clean Class 1, 3, or 5 Driver’s License. All Class 1, Class 3, and Class 5 drivers will be expected to have a clean drivers abstract....
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Experience. Experience an asset Work Setting....
McClelland Oilfield Rentals Ltd is an Oilfield Equipment rental company serving the Grande Prairie area for the past 35 years. Become a part of our team! We
The Receptionist is responsible for answering the phone, taking messages and directing calls. Answering the phone, directing calls and greeting people that come...
Promote Co-op retail Products, answer phones, run till system. Responsible, and good leadership skills. Part -Time Administration Clerk....
Maintain communications with Logistics Manager to aid in coordinating manpower & Equipment demands.Maintainexcellentcustomer relationships.Volumes at all sites...