Seasonal Pesticide Applicator Job Opening in Clairmont, AB - County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - County of Grande Prairie No. 1 is a speedily growing organization in Clairmont, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in December 2017 County of Grande Prairie No. 1 is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. County of Grande Prairie No. 1 opens job chance for Seasonal Pesticide Applicator placed in Clairmont, AB. This option has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in Seasonal Pesticide Applicator, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Seasonal Pesticide Applicator December 2017County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Clairmont, AB
Seasonal Pesticide Applicators
Agriculture department – Community Services division
Closing Date: January 27, 2017 @ 8:30 a.m. or until suitable candidates are selected
Salary Range: $23.04 - $27.49 hourly
Schedule: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. w/some evening/weekend/on-call work
Position Type: Temporary, full-time non-management
The County of Grande Prairie is currently recruiting Seasonal Pesticide Sprayers for our 2017 summer season which typically runs from May to mid-October (approx.). Pesticide Sprayers are responsible for spraying weeds and brush on County-owned property including on roadsides and in gravel pits. This position typically works from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; however, during the peak spraying season (mid-June to the end of August) a 5:00 a.m. start time may be required.
Duties include; but are not limited to:
- Assessing and documenting areas to be sprayed and determining priorities and water location;
- Locating spray areas on map;
- Safely loading and filling water and chemical, and transporting to spray site;
- Determining and then double checking whether the area is a no-spray zone;
- Identifying target species while on the move;
- Monitoring water/chemical use and distance covered;
- Operating sprayer equipment; including truck, UTV, ATV, and backpack;
- Using a laptop in the truck;
- Maintaining spraying records;
- Daily and monthly reporting;
- Chemical spill containment and clean-up.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Experience with weed and crop identification an asset;
- Pesticide Applicator’s License (Industrial and Agricultural) or Authorized Assistant Certificate an asset;
- Ability to maintain the equipment used (i.e. change oil);
- Spray truck/UTV/ATV/trailer hauling experience an asset;
- Ability to manage time, priorities and multiple tasks often at the same time;
- Comfortable using computers, including MS Office software;
- Comfortable reading maps and accurately determining land locations;
- Physically fit.
Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from work as there is no bus service to County offices.
Job Type: Temporary
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Seasonal Pesticide Applicator. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Possess a valid driver’s license. Heavy Equipment Operator license. Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in...
Answer telephone, screen and direct calls. Provide general administrative and clerical support. Greet persons entering organization....
Standard First Aid (Alberta & BC). Journeyman Certification (Red Seal). IPAC Services is currently looking for experienced local By Hand Journeyman B Pressure...
Required license or certification:. Class 5 Drivers License. Answering Phones and greeting Clients in a professional manner....
Certificate in related field, post-secondary diploma preferred. Directs telephone inquiries or relay messages when appropriate....
~Standard First Aid (Alberta & BC). ~Valid CWB Certification (FCAW). IPAC Services is currently looking for experienced local Structural Welders for our...
Must possess a valid driver's license. Skills are typically acquired through possession of a Technical School certificate....
Such failures may result in serious injury or death to employees and customers in the field. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of...
First Aid Certificate; Valid driver's licence; No degree, certificate or diploma Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)....