Seasonal Pesticide Applicator Job Opening in Clairmont, AB - County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - County of Grande Prairie No. 1 is a quickly growing firm in Clairmont, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in January 2017 County of Grande Prairie No. 1 is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. County of Grande Prairie No. 1 opens job opportunity for Seasonal Pesticide Applicator located in Clairmont, AB. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of January 2017 and will be closed on the end of this month. If you're interested in Seasonal Pesticide Applicator, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Seasonal Pesticide Applicator January 2017County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Clairmont, AB
Seasonal Pesticide Applicators
Agriculture department – Community Services division
Closing Date: January 27, 2017 @ 8:30 a.m. or until suitable candidates are selected
Salary Range: $23.04 - $27.49 hourly
Schedule: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. w/some evening/weekend/on-call work
Position Type: Temporary, full-time non-management
The County of Grande Prairie is currently recruiting Seasonal Pesticide Sprayers for our 2017 summer season which typically runs from May to mid-October (approx.). Pesticide Sprayers are responsible for spraying weeds and brush on County-owned property including on roadsides and in gravel pits. This position typically works from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; however, during the peak spraying season (mid-June to the end of August) a 5:00 a.m. start time may be required.
Duties include; but are not limited to:
- Assessing and documenting areas to be sprayed and determining priorities and water location;
- Locating spray areas on map;
- Safely loading and filling water and chemical, and transporting to spray site;
- Determining and then double checking whether the area is a no-spray zone;
- Identifying target species while on the move;
- Monitoring water/chemical use and distance covered;
- Operating sprayer equipment; including truck, UTV, ATV, and backpack;
- Using a laptop in the truck;
- Maintaining spraying records;
- Daily and monthly reporting;
- Chemical spill containment and clean-up.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Experience with weed and crop identification an asset;
- Pesticide Applicator’s License (Industrial and Agricultural) or Authorized Assistant Certificate an asset;
- Ability to maintain the equipment used (i.e. change oil);
- Spray truck/UTV/ATV/trailer hauling experience an asset;
- Ability to manage time, priorities and multiple tasks often at the same time;
- Comfortable using computers, including MS Office software;
- Comfortable reading maps and accurately determining land locations;
- Physically fit.
Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from work as there is no bus service to County offices.
Job Type: Temporary
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use Seasonal Pesticide Applicator. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Food Safe Certification. Food Service Worker I will be responsible for dish washing, sanitation procedures, inventory receiving/distribution, communicating...
The County of Grande Prairie is looking for a temporary, full-time post-secondary student to serve as a Customer Service Representative at the Community...
Must have valid safety tickets (H2S, First Aid). Our client, a major oil and gas company is looking for a Battery / Field Operator for their area just north of...
Must have valid safety tickets (H2S, First Aid). A major oil and gas company is looking for a Field Operator for their Wembley field....
Successful candidates are committed to the safety and well-being of both internal & external customers by providing exceptional customer service in a variety of...
Works directly with Competency Leads within PSLs and Training and Development Coordinators to ensure continuation of personnel development activities....
Individual will be responsible for entering Work Orders, P/O's and Data Entry. We offer a benefit package as well as an RRSP program....
Responsible for answering incoming calls. Data entry, rental orders, purchase orders. Sorting and filing paperwork....
Valid drivers license. We are currently looking for experienced Labourers for work starting immediately.MUST be local to Grande Prairie and available for...