Seasonal Pesticide Applicator Job Opening in Clairmont, AB - County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - County of Grande Prairie No. 1 is a speedily growing business in Clairmont, AB. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in October 2017 County of Grande Prairie No. 1 is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. County of Grande Prairie No. 1 opens job chance for Seasonal Pesticide Applicator located in Clairmont, AB. This chance has been opened at the beginning of October 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Seasonal Pesticide Applicator, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Seasonal Pesticide Applicator October 2017County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Clairmont, AB
Seasonal Pesticide Applicators
Agriculture department – Community Services division
Closing Date: January 27, 2017 @ 8:30 a.m. or until suitable candidates are selected
Salary Range: $23.04 - $27.49 hourly
Schedule: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. w/some evening/weekend/on-call work
Position Type: Temporary, full-time non-management
The County of Grande Prairie is currently recruiting Seasonal Pesticide Sprayers for our 2017 summer season which typically runs from May to mid-October (approx.). Pesticide Sprayers are responsible for spraying weeds and brush on County-owned property including on roadsides and in gravel pits. This position typically works from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; however, during the peak spraying season (mid-June to the end of August) a 5:00 a.m. start time may be required.
Duties include; but are not limited to:
- Assessing and documenting areas to be sprayed and determining priorities and water location;
- Locating spray areas on map;
- Safely loading and filling water and chemical, and transporting to spray site;
- Determining and then double checking whether the area is a no-spray zone;
- Identifying target species while on the move;
- Monitoring water/chemical use and distance covered;
- Operating sprayer equipment; including truck, UTV, ATV, and backpack;
- Using a laptop in the truck;
- Maintaining spraying records;
- Daily and monthly reporting;
- Chemical spill containment and clean-up.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Experience with weed and crop identification an asset;
- Pesticide Applicator’s License (Industrial and Agricultural) or Authorized Assistant Certificate an asset;
- Ability to maintain the equipment used (i.e. change oil);
- Spray truck/UTV/ATV/trailer hauling experience an asset;
- Ability to manage time, priorities and multiple tasks often at the same time;
- Comfortable using computers, including MS Office software;
- Comfortable reading maps and accurately determining land locations;
- Physically fit.
Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from work as there is no bus service to County offices.
Job Type: Temporary
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to use Seasonal Pesticide Applicator. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Standard First Aid Certificate; Valid driver's licence Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities. Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate;...
Ensure that all patients and incoming calls are courteously, promptly, and dealt with accordingly. Confirming calls, calling from wait lists, calling patients...
Answer and direct phone calls. Develop and maintain a filing system. We are looking for a responsible Executive Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of...
Our unique approach focuses on guest wellbeing, operational efficiency, community building and a property development mindset – making us a leading provider of...
Answering all incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate individual. Daily mail and courier – includes preparing and sorting all incoming and outgoing...
*Duties: * * Customer Service * Computer * Stocking shelves * Parcel Entry * Cleaning * Other duties, as assigned *Qualifications: * * Energetic * Flexible...
Experience in human service field is an asset. Rotary House is currently hiring 1 Full-time Client Care Worker for rotating shifts....
All applicants must be able to pass drug test, have drivers licence, H2S, and First Aid. Required license or certification:. Class 5 Drivers License....
We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers....