VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR Job Opening in Victoria, BC - Victoria Arts Council Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Victoria Arts Council is a speedily growing firm in Victoria, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in November 2017 Victoria Arts Council is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Victoria Arts Council opens job opportunity for VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR put in Victoria, BC. This opportunity has been opened at the start of November 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're thinking about VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR November 2017Victoria Arts Council Victoria, BC
The Volunteer Coordinator provides direction, coordination and consultation for all volunteer functions for the Victoria Arts Council. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and scheduling volunteers for appropriate roles as well as maintaining long lasting relationships with volunteers and members of the public. The Volunteer Coordinator also acts as the onsite liaison for volunteers during events and activities, and assists with the organization, set-up and implementation of programs. The Volunteer Coordinator will work with and report to both the Executive Director and Arts Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator will be expected to complete work independently as well as from our 636 Fort Street office and various locations, dependent upon programming.
- Assist in the administration of a registered non-profit in the arts, culture and heritage sector
- Oversee operations of our home office and gallery at 636 Fort Street including opening and closing duties, scheduling of volunteer shifts, art sales, and engagement with the public
- Assist in the hanging, curation and administration of community programs for all ages and demographics
- Be responsible for the identification of volunteer roles available within the VAC schedule and manage volunteers
- create online calendars and schedules for volunteers and update according to individual events and ongoing programs
- Design, update and circulate volunteer job descriptions and postings to effectively recruit individuals for a variety of volunteer roles
- Create and build relationships with artists and other community organizations to grow the volunteer base
- Communicate with volunteer applicants to manage their orientation experience
- Coordinate orientation sessions, from booking and setting up facilities, to arranging presenters (including presenting themselves), to recruiting, confirming and following up with attendees
- Coordinate networking and training (as needed) to provide volunteers with in-person opportunities to strengthen their knowledge, skill and association with the organization
- Ensure volunteers are engaged through consistent and effective communication, both through online and in-person methods
- Evaluate volunteers annually to provide improved volunteer/program fit and progress
- Coordinate recognition efforts to thank and recognize volunteer commitment
- Maintain a database for tracking information, hours, roles and event participation
- Participate in strategic discussion related to improving the volunteer program
- Perform other related duties, as required: updating org website, assisting in the management of social media accounts and aiding in the curation, installation and management of annual exhibitions
- the ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles
- job experience with managing volunteers or employees preferred, or related education and experience
- ability to work independently, but also cooperatively with different demographics and personalities
- Flexible availability and willingness to work irregular hours during major programs/events
- leadership, creativity and adherence to the VAC’s mission and goals
- Familiarity with wordpress.org and social media platforms an asset
- Education related to or interest in art an asset
- consistently 7 hours a week at $15.00/hour, extended hours during programs
To apply for this position, please send a brief cover letter and resume to Executive Director, ed(at)vicartscouncil.ca
Deadline: August 16, 2017.
More information about the Victoria Arts Council can be found at www.vicartscouncil.ca.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Occupational First Aid Level 3 certification and related first aid experience in an industrial and. Instructor certification for Occupational First Aid...
Current Standard First Aid and CPR – C. Ensuring effective program instruction in a fun and safe manner for participants....
Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls....
Applicants should have a driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. Applicants should have experience in construction with consideration given to...
Located downtown, the stylish and relaxed atmosphere mixed with friendly and outgoing staff make it a perfect place to have business meetings or visit with...
This position sets up cash register with cash float and current date; Receives cash payment and makes change for food and drink purchases by customers;...
The accurate picking and preparation for outgoing orders. Maintain a clean and safe warehouse environment. Process all required paperwork and maintain accurate...
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Facilities, the Coordinator, Facilities is responsible for the administration and delivery of library facility...