VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR Job Opening in Victoria, BC - Victoria Arts Council Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Victoria Arts Council is an evergrowing company in Victoria, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in December 2017 Victoria Arts Council is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Victoria Arts Council opens job chance of VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR placed in Victoria, BC. This option has been opened at the start of December 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're considering VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR, please read about the terms and conditions below.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR December 2017Victoria Arts Council Victoria, BC
The Volunteer Coordinator provides direction, coordination and consultation for all volunteer functions for the Victoria Arts Council. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and scheduling volunteers for appropriate roles as well as maintaining long lasting relationships with volunteers and members of the public. The Volunteer Coordinator also acts as the onsite liaison for volunteers during events and activities, and assists with the organization, set-up and implementation of programs. The Volunteer Coordinator will work with and report to both the Executive Director and Arts Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator will be expected to complete work independently as well as from our 636 Fort Street office and various locations, dependent upon programming.
- Assist in the administration of a registered non-profit in the arts, culture and heritage sector
- Oversee operations of our home office and gallery at 636 Fort Street including opening and closing duties, scheduling of volunteer shifts, art sales, and engagement with the public
- Assist in the hanging, curation and administration of community programs for all ages and demographics
- Be responsible for the identification of volunteer roles available within the VAC schedule and manage volunteers
- create online calendars and schedules for volunteers and update according to individual events and ongoing programs
- Design, update and circulate volunteer job descriptions and postings to effectively recruit individuals for a variety of volunteer roles
- Create and build relationships with artists and other community organizations to grow the volunteer base
- Communicate with volunteer applicants to manage their orientation experience
- Coordinate orientation sessions, from booking and setting up facilities, to arranging presenters (including presenting themselves), to recruiting, confirming and following up with attendees
- Coordinate networking and training (as needed) to provide volunteers with in-person opportunities to strengthen their knowledge, skill and association with the organization
- Ensure volunteers are engaged through consistent and effective communication, both through online and in-person methods
- Evaluate volunteers annually to provide improved volunteer/program fit and progress
- Coordinate recognition efforts to thank and recognize volunteer commitment
- Maintain a database for tracking information, hours, roles and event participation
- Participate in strategic discussion related to improving the volunteer program
- Perform other related duties, as required: updating org website, assisting in the management of social media accounts and aiding in the curation, installation and management of annual exhibitions
- the ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles
- job experience with managing volunteers or employees preferred, or related education and experience
- ability to work independently, but also cooperatively with different demographics and personalities
- Flexible availability and willingness to work irregular hours during major programs/events
- leadership, creativity and adherence to the VAC’s mission and goals
- Familiarity with wordpress.org and social media platforms an asset
- Education related to or interest in art an asset
- consistently 7 hours a week at $15.00/hour, extended hours during programs
To apply for this position, please send a brief cover letter and resume to Executive Director, ed(at)vicartscouncil.ca
Deadline: August 16, 2017.
More information about the Victoria Arts Council can be found at www.vicartscouncil.ca.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on line and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Greeting future guests and answering their questions. (SmartServe for BC) certified. Providing guests with local knowledge and a welcoming attitude....
The successful candidate will have considerable contact with the public involving program registration, answering telephone and counter enquiries, as well as...
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
We are recruiting for the following position: SERVER - 10 Acres Commons - highly personable / sales oriented / opening & closing responsibilities / reliable ...
Valid driver’s license; Required license or certification:. _Reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through Bentall...
Applicant must demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and have some experience in electrical circuitry. This is a great opportunity to get into a fast growing trade....
Assist UPS Drivers in delivering packages and providing customer service near or around their local areas....
Under direction of the departmental secretary, acts as receptionist and resource person, answering enquiries from students, faculty and general public....
Human Resources, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7 (Fax 250-475-5550) or Email [email protected] ....