VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR Job Opening in Victoria, BC - Victoria Arts Council Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Victoria Arts Council is an evergrowing company in Victoria, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in September 2017 Victoria Arts Council is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Victoria Arts Council opens job opportunity for VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR located in Victoria, BC. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of September 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're thinking about VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR September 2017Victoria Arts Council Victoria, BC
The Volunteer Coordinator provides direction, coordination and consultation for all volunteer functions for the Victoria Arts Council. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and scheduling volunteers for appropriate roles as well as maintaining long lasting relationships with volunteers and members of the public. The Volunteer Coordinator also acts as the onsite liaison for volunteers during events and activities, and assists with the organization, set-up and implementation of programs. The Volunteer Coordinator will work with and report to both the Executive Director and Arts Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator will be expected to complete work independently as well as from our 636 Fort Street office and various locations, dependent upon programming.
- Assist in the administration of a registered non-profit in the arts, culture and heritage sector
- Oversee operations of our home office and gallery at 636 Fort Street including opening and closing duties, scheduling of volunteer shifts, art sales, and engagement with the public
- Assist in the hanging, curation and administration of community programs for all ages and demographics
- Be responsible for the identification of volunteer roles available within the VAC schedule and manage volunteers
- create online calendars and schedules for volunteers and update according to individual events and ongoing programs
- Design, update and circulate volunteer job descriptions and postings to effectively recruit individuals for a variety of volunteer roles
- Create and build relationships with artists and other community organizations to grow the volunteer base
- Communicate with volunteer applicants to manage their orientation experience
- Coordinate orientation sessions, from booking and setting up facilities, to arranging presenters (including presenting themselves), to recruiting, confirming and following up with attendees
- Coordinate networking and training (as needed) to provide volunteers with in-person opportunities to strengthen their knowledge, skill and association with the organization
- Ensure volunteers are engaged through consistent and effective communication, both through online and in-person methods
- Evaluate volunteers annually to provide improved volunteer/program fit and progress
- Coordinate recognition efforts to thank and recognize volunteer commitment
- Maintain a database for tracking information, hours, roles and event participation
- Participate in strategic discussion related to improving the volunteer program
- Perform other related duties, as required: updating org website, assisting in the management of social media accounts and aiding in the curation, installation and management of annual exhibitions
- the ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles
- job experience with managing volunteers or employees preferred, or related education and experience
- ability to work independently, but also cooperatively with different demographics and personalities
- Flexible availability and willingness to work irregular hours during major programs/events
- leadership, creativity and adherence to the VAC’s mission and goals
- Familiarity with wordpress.org and social media platforms an asset
- Education related to or interest in art an asset
- consistently 7 hours a week at $15.00/hour, extended hours during programs
To apply for this position, please send a brief cover letter and resume to Executive Director, ed(at)vicartscouncil.ca
Deadline: August 16, 2017.
More information about the Victoria Arts Council can be found at www.vicartscouncil.ca.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT ARTS COORDINATOR. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
In addition, the Office Assistant provides back up to the receptionist, greeting and directing visitors and answering general inquiries....
Ministry legislation, regulation and public outreach activities ensure a healthy environment for British Columbians, sustainable economic development, and clear...
Residential Design, Poverty Reduction Initiatives, Youth and Young Adult Services, and Children and Youth with Complex Care Needs....
Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to travel within the territory. We gain deep insights into competitors and customers alike,...
The University of Victoria is an equity employer and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal...
Established small local renovation company in need of experienced Handyman Helper with tools and transportation....
We are seeking local tutors in Victoria, British Columbia and surrounding areas who can help our students with Reading....
This position sets up cash register with cash float and current date; Receives cash payment and makes change for food and drink purchases by customers;...
We’re on the lookout for a FULL-TIME night owl, to help in the packaging of finely crafted beer here in VICTORIA....