Food & Beverage Worker Job Opening in King City, ON - Kingbridge Conference Centre Recruitment 2017
Position Summary: To set up, maintain and provide continuous service in all food & beverage areas in the North and South Wings of the centre, in accordance with Company service standards, guidelines and established criteria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the guests receive friendly, courteous and prompt attention at all times.
- Must be able to respond to unscheduled requests; swiftly and professionally.
- Work in a manner consistent with health and safety as it pertains to proper lifting techniques, stacking, handling and carrying procedures for all china, cutlery, and glassware. Use good judgment and common sense when working with, and handling hot items.
- Reports to work on time, wearing a clean, neatly pressed and in good repair uniform and as per outlined grooming standards in the employee handbook. Wear appropriate foot ware. (Black rubber shoe must be worn for employee’s safety).
- Will set up all day break service and/or banquet stations in an attractive manner ensuring that the food presentation is appealing, in symmetry, with a sense of proportion and appropriate to the number of guests.
- Assigned break stations must be fully stocked and re-stocked as necessary and in accordance with set service standards and guest expectations.
- Will requisition from main storeroom all depleted items as required on a daily basis for the break stations. Items requisitioned must be rotated to avoid unnecessary waste.
- Provide table service in the dining room, lounge, patios, banquet rooms and meeting rooms of food and beverage items to patrons.
- At the end of each meal period, ensures that cutlery, china and glassware is polished and clean before using to reset tables or re-stocking it.
- Maintain a clean working environment, front of the house as well as back of the house, where sanitation, health and safety standards are never compromised.
- Maintain and clean all equipment following proper procedures for de-staining coffee urns and mugs.
- Ensure that all food items are stored properly and any left over food garbage is removed appropriately.
- Assist with evening shifts when needed.
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned during the course of one’s work shift.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and must possess the ability to handle guest requests/needs and minor complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be flexible and co-operative, able to work assigned shifts, including early morning, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be physically fit and capable of performing all aspects of the work outlined.
- Must be able to be certified under WHMIS and work under specific guidelines regarding the continuous us and handling of chemicals, cleaning compounds and detergents.
- Must possess reasonable knowledge of how to write and speak English.
- Basic understanding of food and beverage as it pertains to job position.
Job Type: Permanent
- High school or equivalent
- Serving: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Smart Serve
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Now hiring at 16655 Yonge Street, Unit 3,...
We are a dog and horse rescue located in King City looking for a full time media and office assistant who will be in charge of developing our social media...
Answering phones and making phone calls. Handling cash, etc. Making phone calls. High school diploma....
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off. In addition, the Universal Banker will refer customers to the...
Responds to calls and provides information to contacts regarding program specific administrative processes requiring coordination of information with others to...
Valid Class G Driver’s License in good standing with access to a personal reliable vehicle to use on corporate business....
The Part-time Receptionist will assist in managing social media platforms and the shop’s website as well as assisting with listing management....
Providing exceptional customer service Ensuring accurate product scanning Executing company-directed promotions and programs Maintaining product displays At...
Power equipment certified would be an asset but willing to train. Informing the Company that you require an accommodation will not impact the selection process...