Food & Beverage Worker Job Opening in King City, ON - Kingbridge Conference Centre Recruitment 2017
Position Summary: To set up, maintain and provide continuous service in all food & beverage areas in the North and South Wings of the centre, in accordance with Company service standards, guidelines and established criteria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the guests receive friendly, courteous and prompt attention at all times.
- Must be able to respond to unscheduled requests; swiftly and professionally.
- Work in a manner consistent with health and safety as it pertains to proper lifting techniques, stacking, handling and carrying procedures for all china, cutlery, and glassware. Use good judgment and common sense when working with, and handling hot items.
- Reports to work on time, wearing a clean, neatly pressed and in good repair uniform and as per outlined grooming standards in the employee handbook. Wear appropriate foot ware. (Black rubber shoe must be worn for employee’s safety).
- Will set up all day break service and/or banquet stations in an attractive manner ensuring that the food presentation is appealing, in symmetry, with a sense of proportion and appropriate to the number of guests.
- Assigned break stations must be fully stocked and re-stocked as necessary and in accordance with set service standards and guest expectations.
- Will requisition from main storeroom all depleted items as required on a daily basis for the break stations. Items requisitioned must be rotated to avoid unnecessary waste.
- Provide table service in the dining room, lounge, patios, banquet rooms and meeting rooms of food and beverage items to patrons.
- At the end of each meal period, ensures that cutlery, china and glassware is polished and clean before using to reset tables or re-stocking it.
- Maintain a clean working environment, front of the house as well as back of the house, where sanitation, health and safety standards are never compromised.
- Maintain and clean all equipment following proper procedures for de-staining coffee urns and mugs.
- Ensure that all food items are stored properly and any left over food garbage is removed appropriately.
- Assist with evening shifts when needed.
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned during the course of one’s work shift.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and must possess the ability to handle guest requests/needs and minor complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be flexible and co-operative, able to work assigned shifts, including early morning, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be physically fit and capable of performing all aspects of the work outlined.
- Must be able to be certified under WHMIS and work under specific guidelines regarding the continuous us and handling of chemicals, cleaning compounds and detergents.
- Must possess reasonable knowledge of how to write and speak English.
- Basic understanding of food and beverage as it pertains to job position.
Job Type: Permanent
- High school or equivalent
- Serving: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Smart Serve
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights...
Order taking, answering customer inquiries and making sure orders are put through and completing delivery....
Answering phone calls, taking messages; Greeting parents and students in a cheerful manner when they arrive. Welcome and answer any questions walk-in's may have...
Provide mailing and filing support, and coverage for other staff as required. If so, consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care,...
The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at...
Valid Class “G” Driver’s License. Knowledge of relevant federal and provincial statutes including current case law pertaining to electronic search and seizure....
Zara is an international brand established in more than 88 countries and has over 2000 stores worldwide. Reception of product. Processing transfers out....
Daily activities include assisting with warehouse operations and performing entry level warehouse and dock-related tasks, loading and unloading trucks, shipping...
Our ideal candidate would have outstanding customer service skills, which would be evident with greeting clients as they arrive at our facility, answering the...