Supervisor III - Parks Job Opening in Chilliwack, BC - City of Chilliwack Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - City of Chilliwack is a rapidly growing company in Chilliwack, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in December 2017 City of Chilliwack is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. City of Chilliwack opens job chance for Supervisor III - Parks placed in Chilliwack, BC. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Supervisor III - Parks, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Supervisor III - Parks December 2017City of Chilliwack Chilliwack, BC
The incumbent in this class is the first line working Supervisor, responsible for supervision of subordinates, works projects and equipment; planning, directing and coordinating the work of subordinates and projects; hiring, training and disciplining staff in accordance with established policies/practices; assigning work of subordinates ensuring acceptable standard of completion; assessing the performance of personnel and equipment under his supervision and preparing written reports on personnel and equipment. During prolonged absences of the Superintendent of Public Works/Parks the incumbent may be required to act in this capacity.
The incumbent shall be responsible for equipment and materials assigned to him; monitoring contractors; coordinating with sports user groups; planning the work to ensure that site conditions are adequately shown on plans and specifications with work carried out within the time allocated; organizing the labour, materials and equipment to ensure they are available at the time and location required; maintaining control of work orders and expenditures, reporting circumstances of deviation from plans, maintaining a daily record of production quantities, changes in design and increases in the scope of work; ensuring that all acceptable and reasonable safety measures are taken to protect personnel, equipment, material and public from injury of damage. The incumbent will be responsible for the construction and maintenance of all parks facilities and equipment in accordance with good construction and maintenance standards and practices. The incumbent will be required to perform other related tasks as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Superintendent of Public Works/Parks.
- Must have completed grade 12 or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years experience in the Parks construction and maintenance field with 2 years of previous experience in a in a supervisory role, augmented with formal training in effective supervision - OR - the equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Must have superior knowledge in the principles, practices, procedures and methods used in horticulture, turf , trails, parks and public open space operation and maintenance.
- Must be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver's Licence.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Proficient knowledge of Health and Safety regulations relating to the departments operations.
- Proficient knowledge of rules, regulations and other legislation as it relates to parks maintenance, and/or turf grass and/or horticultural disciplines and public safety in and around municipal trails, parks and other public open spaces.
- Able to recognize and rectify and/or report upon actual and potential safety hazards;
- Superior knowledge of the use and capabilities of the various types of equipment used in the construction and maintenance of park facilities;
- Able to read and understand technical drawings;
- Able to estimate time, labour, material and equipment requirements for construction and maintenance work;
- Able to establish and maintain effective work schedules and prepare progress reports;
- Able to maintain records, logs, and prepare and present reports both orally and in written format;
- Able to plan, train, direct and coordinate the work of subordinates and supervise the work of semi-skilled and skilled workers;
- Able to exhibit courtesy, tact and diplomacy in dealing with the public;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials, users and other members of staff.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Supervisor III - Parks. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
We aim at matching you to opportunities that are a fit for our clients' human resource requirements and qualifications, that's why we put you through a hands-on...
Responsibilities include assisting in the processing of applications, data entry, scanning and answering student inquiries related to their applications;...
The family support worker/key worker will function as a member of the multidisciplinary early intervention team to provide family support services including...
Provides customer service through the completion of routine duties and tasks such as handling all calls to the main switchboard, taking and relaying messages,...
Preparing bank deposits, posting to accounting records/ledgers, issuing payroll and accounts payable cheques, coding of purchase requisitions and invoices,...
Clean driver's license \*. Willingness & confidence to deal with customers both in store & on the phone \*. Occasional driving to pick up & deliver orders \*....
Please forward resumes, cover letter including wage expectation, please no phone calls or drop in's - inability to follow instructions to apply will...
Required license or certification:. Class 5 Drivers License. Kan-Arm Contracting Ltd is looking for an energetic worker that can complete tasks in an efficient...
The O'Connor Group of Companies has an opening for an Administrative Clerk here in Chilliwack at the O'Connor Dodge Chrysler Store! Want to learn more?...