Supervisor III - Parks Job Opening in Chilliwack, BC - City of Chilliwack Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - City of Chilliwack is a rapidly growing enterprise in Chilliwack, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in August 2017 City of Chilliwack is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. City of Chilliwack opens job opportunity for Supervisor III - Parks put in Chilliwack, BC. This option has been opened at the beginning of August 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're interested in Supervisor III - Parks, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Supervisor III - Parks August 2017City of Chilliwack Chilliwack, BC
The incumbent in this class is the first line working Supervisor, responsible for supervision of subordinates, works projects and equipment; planning, directing and coordinating the work of subordinates and projects; hiring, training and disciplining staff in accordance with established policies/practices; assigning work of subordinates ensuring acceptable standard of completion; assessing the performance of personnel and equipment under his supervision and preparing written reports on personnel and equipment. During prolonged absences of the Superintendent of Public Works/Parks the incumbent may be required to act in this capacity.
The incumbent shall be responsible for equipment and materials assigned to him; monitoring contractors; coordinating with sports user groups; planning the work to ensure that site conditions are adequately shown on plans and specifications with work carried out within the time allocated; organizing the labour, materials and equipment to ensure they are available at the time and location required; maintaining control of work orders and expenditures, reporting circumstances of deviation from plans, maintaining a daily record of production quantities, changes in design and increases in the scope of work; ensuring that all acceptable and reasonable safety measures are taken to protect personnel, equipment, material and public from injury of damage. The incumbent will be responsible for the construction and maintenance of all parks facilities and equipment in accordance with good construction and maintenance standards and practices. The incumbent will be required to perform other related tasks as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Superintendent of Public Works/Parks.
- Must have completed grade 12 or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years experience in the Parks construction and maintenance field with 2 years of previous experience in a in a supervisory role, augmented with formal training in effective supervision - OR - the equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Must have superior knowledge in the principles, practices, procedures and methods used in horticulture, turf , trails, parks and public open space operation and maintenance.
- Must be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver's Licence.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Proficient knowledge of Health and Safety regulations relating to the departments operations.
- Proficient knowledge of rules, regulations and other legislation as it relates to parks maintenance, and/or turf grass and/or horticultural disciplines and public safety in and around municipal trails, parks and other public open spaces.
- Able to recognize and rectify and/or report upon actual and potential safety hazards;
- Superior knowledge of the use and capabilities of the various types of equipment used in the construction and maintenance of park facilities;
- Able to read and understand technical drawings;
- Able to estimate time, labour, material and equipment requirements for construction and maintenance work;
- Able to establish and maintain effective work schedules and prepare progress reports;
- Able to maintain records, logs, and prepare and present reports both orally and in written format;
- Able to plan, train, direct and coordinate the work of subordinates and supervise the work of semi-skilled and skilled workers;
- Able to exhibit courtesy, tact and diplomacy in dealing with the public;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials, users and other members of staff.
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use Supervisor III - Parks. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Our Associates work as part of a team to provide the perfect guest experience to every one of our customers. Our Car Wash Associates are critical to delivering...
Identifies and provides intervention and transitional support services to street youth and at risk youth to reconnect them to their family, community and...
Post payments (cash, cheques and credit card transaction). Process credit card transactions. Make daily calls, follow up on and collect....
Earls Restaurant Chilliwack Located in the Cottonwood Mall. Currently hiring ambitious, mature and energetic full and part time food and beverage servers....
A campsite is provided in the campground free of charge, with 30am power, water hookups, picnic table and firepit....
You will also be looking after the food court area with such duties as sweeping and cleaning spills and cleaning the two small food court washrooms.Customer...
Responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and are required to inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment....
Responding to incoming telephone calls and directing inquiries to appropriate contacts. We are active members of our local communities, and take pride in...
In order to be contacted you must have a valid email address listed on your resume. Group Health Insurance Benefit Plan and RRSP Program....