Production Supervisor Job Opening in Woodstock, ON - Armtec LP Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Armtec LP is a growing company in Woodstock, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in November 2017 Armtec LP is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Armtec LP opens job chance for Production Supervisor located in Woodstock, ON. This chance has been opened at the start of November 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're thinking about Production Supervisor, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Production Supervisor November 2017Armtec LP Woodstock, ON
Non-Union Job Posting – Production Supervisor, Woodstock
Armtec is a leading manufacturer and marketer of a comprehensive range of infrastructure products and engineered construction solutions for customers in a diverse cross-section of industries that are located in every region of Canada, as well as in selected markets globally. We work on high profile projects delivering the highest standards, and we’re making a difference around the world.
As Canada’s largest Precast Concrete manufacturer, we have an opportunity for a
Production Supervisor in Woodstock , Ontario .
The Production Supervisor is responsible for creating a work environment where health and safety is the number one priority. This role supports the operational teams by coaching and mentoring direct reports, approving time and employee evaluations, hiring of production staff, and approving and participating in the design of the operational teams. In addition, facilitating effective team work and communication in order to meet or exceed stated KPIs.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Details of Position
- Ensure that all work is done safely, adhering to the EVERYBODY | EVERYWHERE | EVERYTIME Armtec safety creed.
- Ensures training, communication, and initiatives are effectively communicated to plant employees. Evaluates and acts on recommendations from JHSC
- Checks with Lead Hand to ensure there aren't any concerns/issues; periodically checks with employees to ensure they are comfortable with the work they are performing
- Provides suspension, termination progressive discipline and supports Lead Hand with other discipline as required. Communicates issues to the safety team and Plant Manager
- Ensures all staff is properly trained in the appropriate Health and Safety mandates
- Liases with safety team to ensure WCB reports are received, answer any questions on the reports.
- Ensures recommendations are reviewed and those accepted are implemented
- Conducts plant tours to audit conditions
- Leads in setting the modified work plan with Health and Safety and HR as well as Sun Life or WCB
- Leads any formal investigations within the plant. Follows up and determines, along with the Health and Safety and HR team, next steps as a result of the investigation
- Leads by example, wears PPE, ensures open lines of communication around safety, actively promotes safety discussions
- Rewards for leadership in safety, always promotes safety before production
- Deals with any performance issues
- Ensures communication to all applicable parties on policy/procedure changes.
- Facilitates culture of suggestions and recommendations for change
- Authorizes any changes post inspection. Is made aware of any deviations from specifications. Makes final decision on changes and/or new direction or resolution if there is an issue
- Authorizes recommendations, raises any major quality issues to more senior managers.
- Ensures all required documentation is complete. Conducts audits on a periodic basis. Signs off on all Pre/Post Pour sheets.
- Ensures effective communication occurs between the quality and operations teams
- Communicates any changes to company policy/procedures to staff and ensures the information flows through the teams. Manages issues as they are escalated. Evaluates and communicates recommendations for change
- Authority to veto changes based on skill set of the team members, needs of the business, project requirements, etc.
- Reviews team design, ensures maximum use of skill sets (provides skilled manpower as needed within the frontline leadership teams)
- Listens to recommendations, reviews options, overall approval for costs and changes before they are communicated at a more senior level
- Provides final approval on a business case before it is sent to a more senior level.
- Communicates with Purchasing as required
- Ensures lean principles are effectively applied.
- Assesses training needs on an ongoing basis
- Facilitates training. Coordinate training externally if required.
- Follows up with staff to ensure that training occurred and employees are using the new tools effectively
- Ensures good ideas brought forward are implemented. Follow up on all ideas suggested and reward those who bring practical ideas
- Be a change champion by openly promoting change, facilitating change and dealing with those who are road blocks to change
- Ensures there is always a focus on efficiency. Any suggestions that can be actioned to save money or increase revenue are communicated up to more senior managers. Visibly support efficiency changes.
- Always operates within SOPs and ensure teams do as well. Make recommendations for change if needed. Listen to recommendations and implement if within scope of role. If not, ensure ideas are communicated up. Participate on regional team reviews.
- Performs own work quickly and efficiently. Ensure teams are operating at optimal level and volume KPIs are being met. Follow up on volume issues.
- Communicate KPIs to the teams using the Daily and Weekly Huddles.
- Conducts Plant volume scheduling.
- Approves teams and scheduling. Follows up with Lead Hands to ensure efficient use of labor, production is on time and in spec with goal of exceeding customer expectations
- Approves work plans as per specifications, customer expectations, other projects going on in the plant
- Manages resources overall within the plant
- Ensures his/her availability for any escalation of issues. Makes final decision on resolution of conflict, within scope of role, otherwise raises the issue up to more senior position with recommendations for resolution.
- Maintains overall accountability for approval of time. Reviews TMS process as required
- Ensures all required training takes place, is authorized, and signed off and new skills are being utilized. Solicit feedback from staff on training needs.
- Makes decision on final step in discipline process using the recommendations from the Lead Hand. Communicates with union if required. Is involved in all progressive discipline
- Provides mentoring to new or higher potential employees. Provides coaching to Lead Hands as required
- Ensures orientation schedules are in place for new hires. Follows up with other frontline leaders to ensure the orientation has taken place
- Signs off on evaluation of employees; provides any feedback necessary
- Approval for hiring of production/operation staff. Involved in recommendation for termination and discussion with senior team and HR. May take part in the actual termination meeting.
- Creates a culture of teamwork by providing opportunities to build trust and accountability. Listens to his/her team and encourages them to do the same with their teams
The incumbent reports to the Plant Manager or Operations Manager for the Market Area
- Ensures health and safety is the number one priority; ahead of production
- Actively supports, coaches, mentors and holds teams accountable for performance
- Ensures product quality and addresses any issues with the product in a timely fashion
- Ensures labour and production efficiency within the plant
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent safety record and leadership around safety
- Building, motivating and managing large teams. Demonstrated success in developing people
- Demonstrated ability to make tough decisions
- 5-8 years of precast, concrete or construction materials experience
- Batching experience an asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a changing environment
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite
- Driven to improve performance
- Engineering/Business Degree
- OR equivalent experience
- Drive for results
- Managing people
- Detail oriented
- Building effective teams
- Decision making
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Business Acumen
Physical Effort – Job may work at heights, confined space, require lifting, squatting, kneeling, standing, walking, reaching, sitting and working in the heat or cold.
Physical Environment – Manufacturing plant environment with loud noises and particles in the air. Also may work in an office environment.
Sensory Environment – Hearing and eye protection are required due to the noise and dust particles. Some stress due to tight deadlines, equipment and people challenges.
Armtec LP is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. Armtec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category/group.
Job Type: Full-time
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply Production Supervisor. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Working under the direct guidance of the Public Health Inspector and/or Tobacco Enforcement Officer, the Student Test Shopper will be driven to a broad cross...
Toyota Boshoku is a world class automotive supplier. We are currently recruiting for the following position....
Required license or certification:. Any Service filing/ assistance for service advisors (cashing out customers). G Class Driver's Licence....
You will take on a full range of retail responsibilities, including serving customers, unloading trucks, handling stock, performing cashier and merchandising...
Benefits include biweekly vacation pay, participation in company bonus program, corporate discounts and access to Company store\*\*....
The Conversion Clerk will actively contribute to the department’s exceptional customer service results and profitability goals, supporting a new Guarantee...
Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 32,000 employees serving customers in more...
The Conversion Specialist will actively contribute to the department’s exceptional customer service results and profitability goals, supporting a new Guarantee...
Human Resources Manager*. Located in Woodstock, Ontario is a worldwide leading manufacturer and supplier of premium product systems and components for the...