Studio Assistant Job Opening in Oakville, ON - Town of Oakville Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Town of Oakville is a speedily growing firm in Oakville, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in December 2017 Town of Oakville is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Town of Oakville opens job opportunity for Studio Assistant placed in Oakville, ON. This option has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in Studio Assistant, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Studio Assistant December 2017Town of Oakville Oakville, ON
Part-Time (Non-Union T)
Open to current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants
The hours of this position will be up to 24 hours per week over 3 days per week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This hands-on position provides support to the Cultural Supervisor in the operation and delivery of culture programs and exhibitions at Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre.
- To assist with preparation, organization, administration and maintenance of supplies and equipment for studio art programs (weekly and afterschool programs, workshops, PA Day programs, March Break programs, Birthday Parties, Drop-in Programs etc.)
- To assist with the implementation of special culture events such as Culture Day and Family Day
- To assist with preparation of attendance lists, instructors’ supply requests, and specialized purchasing orders
- To oversee and provide guided directions to Artists and Artist groups during the installation and dismantling of exhibitions
- To assist with the installation of artwork and exhibitions in the Main Gallery and Corridors (including accessing ladders and lift)
- To assist with the preparation of artwork labels, insurance forms and sale lists
- To assist with lighting exhibitions
- To assist with maintaining the inventory of facility art hanging system
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma/Degree (BA/BFA), specializing in one of the following areas: Art History, Museum Studies, Arts Management, Curatorial Studies, or Studio Arts.
- Lift certification
- Familiar with the safe artwork handling practices
- Experience with art/cultural educational programs and working in a professional fine art gallery or museum
- Art Handling
- Health and Safety training
- WHIMIS (an asset)
- First aid certification
- Successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
DATED : November 7, 2017
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified . Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment and/or testing.
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to apply Studio Assistant. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Provide consistent responses to telephone inquiries from members of the general public pertaining to electoral administration/operations....
Working in the Sheridan College Marketing Department and alongside the digital marketing team, the Social Media Coordinator will plan, coordinate and support...
Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license. (Driver's Abstract Required). Must have a clean driving record. We have openings for *Male and Female*....
Answer phone calls and emails from customers and initiate calls to schedule and confirm appointments in English....
As a Corporate Store Sales Associate you will provide our customers with the best overall shopping experience....
Process orders and provide information on costs, availability, deadline dates for subscription packages available to events at the Centre....
Maintaining filing system of all client records/charts (developing, filing, assembling or making-up new charts etc.)....
A full valid driver’s license and clean driver’s record. 3 years of driving experience with a full valid license....
Answer an Automatic Call Distributor telephone system, providing information and assistance to workers, employers, representatives and internal business...