Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical) Job Opening in Toronto, ON - City of Toronto Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - City of Toronto is a growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in February 2017 City of Toronto is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. City of Toronto opens job opportunity for Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical) positioned in Toronto, ON. This chance has been opened at the beginning of February 2017 and will be closed on the end of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical), please read about the conditions and terms below.
Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical) February 2017City of Toronto Toronto, ON
- Although there may not be current vacancies, your resume will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must re-apply after six (6) months.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Prepares presentation materials, forms, letters, etc. utilizing layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Responds to inquiries made in person, by telephone or in writing
- Performs database searches to input, retrieve and report information. Collects, processes and presents data. Extract pertinent information from manual or computerized file for various summaries and reports and inputs data into a computerized database. Compiles statistics (using a calculator or PC). Determines and correct errors
- Maintains manual and computerized filling and retrieval systems for records/documents, including file correspondence, records, reports, inventory data and manuals
- Drafts standard letters and memoranda, maintains files, prints and distributes materials, photocopies documents and sends facsimiles
- Collects, sorts, date stamps, distributes, prepares and processes forms and documents, including mail, fax, statements, invoices, reports, vouchers, cheque requisitions, cash, and receipts
- Receives documents/applications, invoices/monies from the public or other levels of government and ensures accuracy and completeness. Issues/completes receipts/documentation. Receives balances and records payments and completes receipts
- Coordinates meeting room bookings and special requirements for meetings. Attends meetings, takes and transcribes minutes as required
- Prepares purchase requisitions and performs associated follow up including monitoring of contract balances, commitment levels and status of documents in accordance with divisional processes
- Directs and/or guides and/or checks work of other staff
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Answering inquiries, routing calls, booking boardrooms, welcoming and signing-in visitors, liaising with office building management, general correspondence, and...
Children's collections and programming, collection development, community outreach. Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual...
The Ontario Science Centre delights, informs and challenges the communities we serve, enriching people's lives and understanding through engagement with science...
Enter client information into computer software program and processing adoptions. Answer general inquiries about the THS and animal related topics....
This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position, as a condition of employment. Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an...
A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program....
Requires a valid Ontario driver’s license. Mara Gunner, Human Resources & Organization Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S...
Ability to Provide Valid Work References. You go straight to work and straight home! All Successful Applicants will have a Police Check Performed....
You are also required to have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) upon being hired. Support staff in providing assistance with administrative and clerical...