Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical) Job Opening in Toronto, ON - City of Toronto Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - City of Toronto is a quickly growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in January 2017 City of Toronto is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. City of Toronto opens job chance of Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical) put in Toronto, ON. This chance has been opened at the beginning of January 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're interested in Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical) January 2017City of Toronto Toronto, ON
- Although there may not be current vacancies, your resume will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must re-apply after six (6) months.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Prepares presentation materials, forms, letters, etc. utilizing layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Responds to inquiries made in person, by telephone or in writing
- Performs database searches to input, retrieve and report information. Collects, processes and presents data. Extract pertinent information from manual or computerized file for various summaries and reports and inputs data into a computerized database. Compiles statistics (using a calculator or PC). Determines and correct errors
- Maintains manual and computerized filling and retrieval systems for records/documents, including file correspondence, records, reports, inventory data and manuals
- Drafts standard letters and memoranda, maintains files, prints and distributes materials, photocopies documents and sends facsimiles
- Collects, sorts, date stamps, distributes, prepares and processes forms and documents, including mail, fax, statements, invoices, reports, vouchers, cheque requisitions, cash, and receipts
- Receives documents/applications, invoices/monies from the public or other levels of government and ensures accuracy and completeness. Issues/completes receipts/documentation. Receives balances and records payments and completes receipts
- Coordinates meeting room bookings and special requirements for meetings. Attends meetings, takes and transcribes minutes as required
- Prepares purchase requisitions and performs associated follow up including monitoring of contract balances, commitment levels and status of documents in accordance with divisional processes
- Directs and/or guides and/or checks work of other staff
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to use Support Assistant (Administrative/Clerical). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Answering telephone enquiries from the public, lawyers, police, immigration, courts, and institutional staff. Maintain adult inmate files and filing system....
Respond and follow-up on telephone and e-mail inquiries, and redirect calls and messages as appropriate;...
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Provides senior level administrative support to the...
Awareness and sensitivity to the cross-cultural communication requirement of customers, and understanding the special needs of international students....
Stage customer orders onto pallets to prepare for shipping. Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations, and Food Safety programs....
Continually assess registration data and processes to ensure that patients are registered according to registration data entry standards and following correct...
We offer our colleagues with opportunities for growth, part-time health and dental benefits, 10% colleague discount program, employee share ownership program,...
Developing administrative procedures and standardized forms for the Human Resources department. Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of...
Most work done in vehicle while driving to appointments and job site visits. Pay is $13-15/hour cash depending on experience weekly....