Administrative Specialist (English Services) Job Opening in Toronto, ON - CBC/Radio-Canada Recruitment 2017What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
Provides administrative expertise to assist the Programming Department, in the management of the digital schedule. You take interest in anticipating future trends and strive to keep us at the forefront of broadcast technology – all to ensure we can deliver our programming to our audiences how, when and where they want it. While work must conform to CBC standard operating and administrative procedures, there is both opportunity and a requirement for independent judgment, analysis and decision-making within sets of complex parameters. Work is subject only to general review and there may be a requirement to coordinate the work of others.
- Assists in providing daily requests to Communications, Encoding desk, and Production units coordinating delivery of On-Demand video to OTT (includes metadata, images, etc). Communicates and facilitates last minute changes with stakeholders.
- Performance Control. Ensure video playback is functioning to acceptable standards and meets accessibility guidelines. Report technical issues and ensures corrections are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Quality control. Work with internal developers and the OTT vendor to ensure metadata is accurately inputted and presented on player.
- Coordinate the implementation of “pop-up” (seasonal) and promotional categories. Assist with curation and presentation of associated content.
- Uses knowledge of On-Demand space (all non-broadcast platforms), CBC mandate and content user experience to make recommendations on promotion opportunities, and rights provisions, etc.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience during which the candidate would gain exposure to television broadcasting, scheduling, and digital platforms.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, and be able to work effectively with others.
- Required to handle multiple priorities and make rapid decisions in short time spans.
- Due to the volume of information being coordinated attention to detail is a must.
- Requires ability to conduct in-depth analysis before determining how best to proceed.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and work independently; taking initiative when required.
- Ability to solve technical problems.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Toronto
Job Posting Jan 9, 2017, 9:54:23 AM
Unposting Date Jan 23, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
We are ahead on production but behind on good people. Must be a good communicator, reliable and have a neat appearance. Jobs rely heavily on good customer
Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated...
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Experience working in a customer service environment...
You demonstrate strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with staff, senior managers, various justice participants,...
Children's collections and programming, collection development, community outreach. Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual...
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt...
Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class G Driver's License and have daily use of a personal vehicle....
Organize and maintain patient charts as well as electronic and paper information filing systems. Greet patients and families, and assist in meeting their needs...
Responds to calls and provides information to contacts regarding program specific administrative processes requiring coordination of information with others to...