Administrative Specialist (English Services) Job Opening in Toronto, ON - CBC/Radio-Canada Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - CBC/Radio-Canada is an evergrowing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in February 2017 CBC/Radio-Canada is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. CBC/Radio-Canada opens job chance for Administrative Specialist (English Services) positioned in Toronto, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the start of February 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Administrative Specialist (English Services), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Administrative Specialist (English Services) February 2017CBC/Radio-Canada Toronto, ON
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
Provides administrative expertise to assist the Programming Department, in the management of the digital schedule. You take interest in anticipating future trends and strive to keep us at the forefront of broadcast technology – all to ensure we can deliver our programming to our audiences how, when and where they want it. While work must conform to CBC standard operating and administrative procedures, there is both opportunity and a requirement for independent judgment, analysis and decision-making within sets of complex parameters. Work is subject only to general review and there may be a requirement to coordinate the work of others.
- Assists in providing daily requests to Communications, Encoding desk, and Production units coordinating delivery of On-Demand video to OTT (includes metadata, images, etc). Communicates and facilitates last minute changes with stakeholders.
- Performance Control. Ensure video playback is functioning to acceptable standards and meets accessibility guidelines. Report technical issues and ensures corrections are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Quality control. Work with internal developers and the OTT vendor to ensure metadata is accurately inputted and presented on player.
- Coordinate the implementation of “pop-up” (seasonal) and promotional categories. Assist with curation and presentation of associated content.
- Uses knowledge of On-Demand space (all non-broadcast platforms), CBC mandate and content user experience to make recommendations on promotion opportunities, and rights provisions, etc.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience during which the candidate would gain exposure to television broadcasting, scheduling, and digital platforms.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, and be able to work effectively with others.
- Required to handle multiple priorities and make rapid decisions in short time spans.
- Due to the volume of information being coordinated attention to detail is a must.
- Requires ability to conduct in-depth analysis before determining how best to proceed.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and work independently; taking initiative when required.
- Ability to solve technical problems.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Toronto
Job Posting Jan 9, 2017, 9:54:23 AM
Unposting Date Jan 23, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to use Administrative Specialist (English Services). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Screens, reviews and prioritizes incoming correspondence, phone calls, and initiates responses. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a...
Respond and follow-up on telephone and e-mail inquiries, and redirect calls and messages as appropriate;...
Environmental Protection Act, Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Assessment Act, Environmental Bill of Rights, Pesticides Act) and related policies,...
In this exciting role with The Ministry of Transportation's Provincial Sign Shop you will manufacture various types of highway signs and symbols....
Introduce, transfer and/or refer incoming inquiries that cannot be resolved at first point of contact to the appropriate Customer Service and/or Transit...
Children's collections and programming, collection development, community outreach. Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual...
Stage customer orders onto pallets to prepare for shipping. Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations, and Food Safety programs....
Awareness and sensitivity to the cross-cultural communication requirement of customers, and understanding the special needs of international students....
Create and distribute social media content. Schedule and greet guests for the weekday and weekend shows. Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable,...