VP Engineering, Vancouver Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Corporate Recruiters Ltd. Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Corporate Recruiters Ltd. is a growing company in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in November 2017 Corporate Recruiters Ltd. is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Corporate Recruiters Ltd. opens job chance of VP Engineering, Vancouver placed in Vancouver, BC. This chance has been opened at the start of November 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're considering VP Engineering, Vancouver, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
VP Engineering, Vancouver November 2017Corporate Recruiters Ltd. Vancouver, BC
Our client is a worldwide leader in large-scale, industrial energy storage solutions for non-automotive transportation. In their primary market segment, they are the undisputed market leader - no other competitor can boast as many hours in operation nor solutions sold. Revenues are multiplying, the order list is lengthy, and both the present and future are bright. This is a company that is actively reducing carbon emissions in some of the most pollution-ridden industries in the world - real change, right now.
About the Role
Due to rapid growth and market expansion, our client is seeking a Vice President of Engineering (VPE) to lead the organization into further commercialization of their energy storage system. The VPE will be an integral part of the leadership team by establishing engineering strategies and guiding product and technology development to meet company objectives. Innovation will be key in product design, product optimization, and in growing and developing the engineering capabilities of the company.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Engineering is responsible for planning and directing the engineering resources for our client. The VPE oversees the Engineering Department's workflow and projects, and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety in product designs and applications.
The Engineering Department consists of a multidisciplinary team of engineers, technicians, technologists, and interns; practicing electronics engineering, power engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, and test engineering.
- Provide engineering vision and leadership to the Engineering Department.
- Represent the Engineering Department to the executive and customers.
- Provide technical direction and oversight for all product design activities.
- Analyze resource needs to plan and assess the feasibility of new products or features.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and customer requirements.
- Develop and adhere to the Engineering Department's annual budget.
- Achieve the Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Department.
- Implement formal processes to support new product introduction, product strategy, and sustaining engineering.
- Represent the company as may be required at customer meetings, conferences, and trade shows, including public speaking engagements.
- Develop and maintain an IP strategy
The successful candidate is a dedicated team player who is tolerant of risk and uncertainty, thrives in a highly-technical, collaborative environment and has significant experience leading multidisciplinary teams.
- MSc in Engineering; Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical or Chemical,
- Industrial scale power storage experience, preferably within the marine industry
- 15+ years of leadership in leading, coaching, mentoring and developing multi-disciplinary engineering development teams located in Canada, USA and Europe,
- Proven experience in successfully delivering commercially engineered products,
- A track record in a variety of industrial products development and manufacturing environments, especially energy related products,
- Experience in writing and filing patents, and in strategically determining what intellectual property to foster,
- Cross-functional experience working with marketing, business development, finance and research to develop corporate goals as a member of the executive leadership team,
- Experience in management of engineering services, track record of accurately quoting jobs and managing clients,
- Understands Lean Manufacturing and Product Development concepts, has a strong continuous improvement mindset, and has implemented design libraries and best practices,
- Has improved time to market of new products, understands and uses cross functional teams to deliver products to market.
- Vision and leadership to anticipate the future requirements of the engineering team to meet the corporate goals and to proactively manage the team evolution to keep pace with the company.
- Strong analytical skills and technical competence to understand multi-disciplined complex products and develop a vision for the future,
- Able to reconcile immediate goals and targets with rigorous methodology and consistency needed to build solid systems,
- Flexible - able to quickly shift from strategic to hands-on work at a moment's notice,
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical information ideas both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences,
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills. Organizational and process design expertise - comfortable driving process improvement initiatives to ensure predictable results,
- Strong Integrity, interpersonal skills, and high EQ with a collaborative and respectful style which earns the respect of peers, subordinates and clients,
- Proactive, persuasive, communicative leader with the ability to articulate effectively at the Executive Team level as well as with multiple disciplines within the company,
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use VP Engineering, Vancouver. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Love for lists, organizing, scheduling, and finding ways to make things more efficient. The hours are very flexible and most work can be done remotely from your...
A valid BC Driver's License is required. With 47 ports of call and more than 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned ferry company...
With 47 ports of call and more than 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned ferry company in the world....
Greenlight locations help new driver-partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the...
Provides information services regarding the relationship between student records, program applications and course registrations and plays a major role in...
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to...
Merchant lululemon athletica Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives....
Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives....
Les candidates et les candidats intéressés sont priés d'appliquer en ligne en attachant leur lettre de présentation en français, une copie de leur curriculum...