Supervisor, Mining Job Opening in Wood Buffalo, AB - Suncor Energy Services Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Suncor Energy Services is a growing company in Wood Buffalo, AB. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in May 2017 Suncor Energy Services is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Suncor Energy Services opens job chance of Supervisor, Mining put in Wood Buffalo, AB. This chance has been opened at the start of May 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in Supervisor, Mining, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Supervisor, Mining May 2017Suncor Energy Services Wood Buffalo, AB
JOB NUMBER: 10621
Reporting to the manager of mine placement, you will be responsible for achieving safety and production targets in accordance with prescribed daily plans, policies and procedures.
- Supervise a multi-skilled workforce of up to 20 people
- Ensure compliance with all workplace rules, procedures and occupational health and safety codes
- Perform daily safety, productivity and competency audits
- Follow daily priorities to meet the required dig locations for the shovel fleet as outlined in the week plan and sustain improvement initiatives
- Monitor shovel pits, haul roads and placement areas to ensure resources are properly allocated to meet safety and production goals
- Supervise the work required for bulk excavations, dyke construction, soil salvage and heavy hauler road building
- Work closely with shift trainers to ensure skill sets and training requirements are being met
- Verify the proper completion of work assignments and investigate incidents and near misses with a view toward positive action through coaching, training or equipment setup
- Support mine operations technical support groups (mine planning, survey, geotechnical, geology) as needed
Experience and Education:
- 10 or more years of heavy equipment operating experience, with at least three of those years in a leadership role (superintendent/supervisory)
- Experience working in a start-up mining operation is considered an asset
- Mining engineers with practical field experience as a front line leader will also be considered
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Strong working knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and an understanding of loss management techniques
- Knowledge of SAP and mining dispatch systems would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to make sounds decisions in the best interest of company goals
- Effective leadership skills with proven ability to engage and inspire front line employees in a positive manner; you hold yourself and others accountable to always ”do the right thing,” and expect others to do the same
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule is a seven days on/seven days off rotation (seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, number nights off; 12-hour shifts)
- Mobile field needs will require operating a light vehicle in an active mining arena
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Travel just 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and you'll find Fort Hills, the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region with more than 50 years of life expectancy. Fort Hills is being developed in a joint venture between Suncor, Total and Teck Resources, and Suncor is the site operator.
Fort Hills is a camp based work site with brand new lodge-style accommodations for contractors and employees. You'll either fly to and from work or bus-in/bus-out from Fort McMurray. Flexible travel assistance may also be available to get you to and from our hubs if you live in Western Canada.
Our lodges are modern, with comfortable living quarters and free, fresh meals. You'll also enjoy:
- Movie theatre
- A multi-sports/gymnasium complex available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A games room
- A golf simulator
- Convenience store
- Chef prepared meals
- Market-style cafeteria and more.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply Supervisor, Mining. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read different job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Trade certificate, diploma or degree in a relevant technical field (e.g. And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to...
Valid Class Three (3) Alberta driver’s licence. Clear driving record and Class One (1) Alberta driver’s licence are assets....
Valid Class Three (3) Alberta driver's licence with Q endorsement is required. CCC (Composting Council of Canada) composting certification or SWANA (Solid Waste...
Valid Alberta Class Five (5) Operator’s license required. Alberta Class Three (3) Operator’s license is an asset....
Valid First Aid. Class Five (5) Driver’s Licence is required (clear driving record is an. Water sampling to meet license requirements (bacti’s, schedule 4s,....
Valid First Aid Certificate (within first six (6) months of. Valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver's license and ‘Q’ endorsement....
Valid First Aid Certificate (within first six (6) months of. Valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver’s licence or convertible....
Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record. And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the...
A valid Class Five (5) Driver’s Licence is required as incumbent may be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business use....