Child Protection Worker Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Children's Aid Society of Ottawa Recruitment 2017NOTE: All applications submitted to this “Job Inventory” will be kept for a six (6) month period. Qualified candidates will be considered for vacancies less than 12 months.
We invite all qualified candidates to re-apply in six (6) months and update their qualifications on their application should they not be selected for an interview.
Child Protection Worker (Temporary Full Time, English & Bilingual Opportunities - Contracts less than 12 months)
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like an opportunity to improve the life of a child or youth in Ottawa? The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa (CASO) is searching for dynamic and committed people to join one of the largest Children’s Aid Society in Ontario, to fulfill the role of a Child Protection Worker .
The Child Protection Worker provides investigative and protection services to children and families within established procedural guidelines and time frames as mandated by both the Child and Family Services Act and the Society.
In this role, the child protection worker gathers and critically analyzes detailed information about an incident or condition that has precipitated a referral. The emphasis is on obtaining comprehensive information about the child and family that will inform subsequent decisions and planning processes.
The incumbent is required to maintain client records in accordance with Society and Ministry Standards including case notes, plans of service, plans of care, social histories and other required documentation. The worker will also prepare (if applicable) appropriate cases for court, according to Society and Ministry guidelines.
- Master or Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor or Master degree in a related field with relevant work experience. Master or Bachelor of Social Work is preferred.
- Experience working with children and families is required.
- Valid Driver’s License and access or ownership to a vehicle is required.
- Ownership of a cellular phone is required.
- Positions designatedunilingual Englishrequire proficiency in English (in oral and written expression).
- Positions designated Bilingual require proficiency in both English and French. (Selected Bilingual candidates will be assessed in the following language competencies: oral expression, written expression, oral comprehension and written comprehension)
Competencies & Skills :
- Demonstrates basic understanding of a Child Welfare Organization with the community.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to work effectively with diverse communities and Aboriginal Peoples.
- Demonstrates ability to gather, integrate and interpret complex information.
- Excellent analytical, assessment and critical judgement skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary range of $59,147 to $80,058 plus an additional 6% of the base rate in lieu of insurable benefits. We offer as well generous leave provisions (such as 2 weeks of vacation after 6 months of service). Our modern workplace has excellent physical amenities including a fully equipped gym, free parking and a cafeteria. All successful candidates will benefit from a comprehensive orientation, innovative training programs, quality supervision and recognition of contributions.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply online by clicking on the “ Apply ” link below.
We thank all applicants for their interests in the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Recognized and valid First Aid and CPR certificate. G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les...
Acting as a Welcome Ambassador for our arriving guests at the Ottawa Airport and encourage and assist guests to utilize the self service kiosks....
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to...
Remember to upload a copy of your diploma(s) or a certificate of merit as well as a current version of your CV into the My documents section of your career...
Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her...
Successful completion of TOH medical terminology self-directed learning program or certification in medical terminology from a recognized educational...
Successful completion of TOH medical terminology self-directed learing program or certification in medical terminology from a recognized educational institution...