Child Protection Worker Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Children's Aid Society of Ottawa Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Children's Aid Society of Ottawa is a speedily growing firm in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in March 2017 Children's Aid Society of Ottawa is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Children's Aid Society of Ottawa opens job chance of Child Protection Worker located in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of March 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're interested in Child Protection Worker, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Child Protection Worker March 2017Children's Aid Society of Ottawa Ottawa, ON
We invite all qualified candidates to re-apply in six (6) months and update their qualifications on their application should they not be selected for an interview.
Child Protection Worker (Temporary Full Time, English & Bilingual Opportunities - Contracts less than 12 months)
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like an opportunity to improve the life of a child or youth in Ottawa? The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa (CASO) is searching for dynamic and committed people to join one of the largest Children’s Aid Society in Ontario, to fulfill the role of a Child Protection Worker .
The Child Protection Worker provides investigative and protection services to children and families within established procedural guidelines and time frames as mandated by both the Child and Family Services Act and the Society.
In this role, the child protection worker gathers and critically analyzes detailed information about an incident or condition that has precipitated a referral. The emphasis is on obtaining comprehensive information about the child and family that will inform subsequent decisions and planning processes.
The incumbent is required to maintain client records in accordance with Society and Ministry Standards including case notes, plans of service, plans of care, social histories and other required documentation. The worker will also prepare (if applicable) appropriate cases for court, according to Society and Ministry guidelines.
- Master or Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor or Master degree in a related field with relevant work experience. Master or Bachelor of Social Work is preferred.
- Experience working with children and families is required.
- Valid Driver’s License and access or ownership to a vehicle is required.
- Ownership of a cellular phone is required.
- Positions designatedunilingual Englishrequire proficiency in English (in oral and written expression).
- Positions designated Bilingual require proficiency in both English and French. (Selected Bilingual candidates will be assessed in the following language competencies: oral expression, written expression, oral comprehension and written comprehension)
Competencies & Skills :
- Demonstrates basic understanding of a Child Welfare Organization with the community.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to work effectively with diverse communities and Aboriginal Peoples.
- Demonstrates ability to gather, integrate and interpret complex information.
- Excellent analytical, assessment and critical judgement skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary range of $59,147 to $80,058 plus an additional 6% of the base rate in lieu of insurable benefits. We offer as well generous leave provisions (such as 2 weeks of vacation after 6 months of service). Our modern workplace has excellent physical amenities including a fully equipped gym, free parking and a cafeteria. All successful candidates will benefit from a comprehensive orientation, innovative training programs, quality supervision and recognition of contributions.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply online by clicking on the “ Apply ” link below.
We thank all applicants for their interests in the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to use Child Protection Worker. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job