HSE Coordinator Job Opening in Calgary, AB - Armtec LP, Drainage Solutions Recruitment 2017
Come and build your career with Armtec . We are known for quality and dependability in drainage solutions and water treatment. We offer an exceptional range of products to meet a wide variety of drainage challenges. Armtec’s product line includes well-known brands such as BOSS high-density polyethylene pipe, Multi-Plate corrugated structural plate, Ultra Flo steel pipe and Platen foundation protector, as well as corrugated steel pipe, reinforced concrete pipe, HDPE tubing, septic tanks, storm water management systems and other specialized solutions. We have achieved success in a broad range of applications by offering consistent product quality and performance, and providing unmatched technical support and customer service. In Canada, we have approximately 2,000 employees serving national, regional public and private sector markets.
We are looking for a HSE Coordinator that will assist Armtec in achieving its ambition to be amongst the safest places to work in our industry by providing guidance and collaborating on health, safety & environmental initiatives.
This key role will support Drainage Solutions, Western Market Area with the following responsibilities:
- Development, implementation and review of annual HSE improvement plans;
- Validation and maintenance of accurate and complete incident information;
- Workers’ compensation processes;
- Implementation of HSE management systems;
- Emergency preparedness;
- Contractor health and safety management; and
- Joint Health and Safety Committees.
- Support or facilitates incident investigation, analysis, reporting, communication and response.
- Hazard identification and risk assessment analysis and application of controls;
- HSE training and post-training assessment;
- Support or facilitates evaluation, development and implementation of plant-level operational HSE programs and processes;
- Support or facilitates HSE inspections and audits;
- Advice to market area leaders and employees about relevant compliance standards and other requirements related to HSE;
- Quality reports and presentations that communicate valid and comprehensive recommendations for HSE controls;
- Notification and support in response to governmental inspections, investigations and inquires
- Minimum of 3 years health, safety and environmental experience in a manufacturing and construction environment.
- Completion of a suitable health and safety or environment degree or equivalent technical education program that is complimented by additional experience.
- Holds a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or capable and willing to obtain within a reasonable period of time.
- Working knowledge of HSE legal requirements, as well as applicable consensus standards and industry codes of practice.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and construction operations, processes and applicable HSE hazards and controls.
This position will require travel (up to 70%) to operations located within the Western Market Area. Periodic travel to other Market Areas may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Provide ongoing support to all project stakeholders including but not limited to Business Unit Manager, Construction Supervisor, Scheduler, Project Managers,...
Photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing. Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing,...
A valid "Class 5" drivers license (cannot be a graduated license) with proven good driving record (abstract required)....
Policies and procedures and any provincial or federal legislation are current. Manager, Human Resources and Communication Services, this position is responsible...
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.Our reps can make up to 3k per week with a mobile operation.MCS will provide full training, support and...
The ability to legally work in Canada (as a citizen, resident or holding other current and valid work permit....
Serves as receptionist, receiving clients on the telephone or in person. Screens calls and refers callers to appropriate resources within the area....
For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community...
H2S Alive, OSSA Confined Space Entry Monitor, Ossa Fall Protection, Standard First Aid and CPR, Confined Space Entry, and CSTS....