Assembly Technician Job Opening in Sidney, BC - AML Oceanographic Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - AML Oceanographic is a rapidly growing organization in Sidney, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in December 2017 AML Oceanographic is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. AML Oceanographic opens job chance of Assembly Technician placed in Sidney, BC. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Assembly Technician, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Assembly Technician December 2017AML Oceanographic Sidney, BC
The Assembly Technician works as part of the Manufacturing team to:
- Maintain adequate inventory of tested sub-assemblies
- Make productivity improvements as it pertains to no. 1
- Provide general support to the Manufacturing team
- Provide general support to Design team
- Build and test electronic and mechanical sub-assemblies
- Operate test equipment for electronic circuits, electronic and mechanical components, sensors, and instruments
- Set-up and operate software / firmware programming related equipment
- Follow assembly/build, test, and quality assurance standards and best practices
- Working with the Manufacturing team, manage assigned tasks based on job schedules, quickly identifying schedule risks and mitigating steps
- Document suggested changes to internal processes
- Identification of improvements vis-à-vis number of labour hours or materials
- Occasional support of design development projects
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Basic understanding of Analogue and Digital circuits including ability to read and follow electronic schematics
- Ability to understand and use firmware programming tools
- Ability to assemble multiple mechanical pieces into complex sub-assemblies
- Ability to solder cables, connectors and components onto through-hole and surface mount circuit boards
- Mechanical aptitude and proven ability to read and follow assembly drawings
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work well and cooperatively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Good time management, organizational, and project management skills
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Computer literate
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Basic knowledge of various commercial communications protocols and standards including: RS-232, RS-485, GSM, Radio, Satellite, etc.
- Working understanding of calibration theory, test procedures and practices
- General understanding of Oceanography, with a working knowledge of salinity, temperature, pressure, current speed and direction, sound velocity, pH, DO2, and Optical Backscatter characteristics and measurement techniques
- Certificate of Electronics Technician, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and ability
One last requirement: at AML, we're looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of coming to work to contribute. In this position, you'll work with hands, but we also expect you to dedicate you head and your heart.
To apply, please submit your application package via email to [email protected] In addition to your resume and cover letter, please clearly identify the personal values that you use to guide your decisions; please also explain why these specific values are so important to you. Finally please clearly indicate your salary and variable compensation expectations. No phone calls please.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to use Assembly Technician. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read different job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Performs various duties required for the processing of hospital linens such as transporting linen, handling, separating, and sorting soiled linens, processing,...
In the Development Services & Engineering Departments, this position is responsible for higher-level administrative duties and coordinating the support duties...
In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's...
Applicants must live on Vancouver Island, BC._. There are constant opportunities for growth and development, making for a great position to expand in and make...
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the business unit that includes...
Holmes Realty is hiring for an experienced Receptionist/Residential Conveyancer for our firm. This individual will be responsible for ensuring a great...
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a...
Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record. In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for...
Valid BC Driver's License. Directs the effective and efficient use of available resources, including alignment/realignment of staffing resources, providing...