Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery Job Opening in Kingston, ON - Kingston General Hospital Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Kingston General Hospital is a swiftly growing provider in Kingston, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in November 2017 Kingston General Hospital is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Kingston General Hospital opens job chance for Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery positioned in Kingston, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of November 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery November 2017Kingston General Hospital Kingston, ON
POSITION #: 50061704
TITLE: Physician Assistant, Neurosurgery
Hours of work: Full-Time Position, rotating (8 hour shifts)
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
The Hospital will ensure that the Physician Assistant (PA) participates in patient care under the direction of a supervising neurosurgeon at all times.
The role may include but is not limited to:
- In addition to the supervising neurosurgeon, the PA will also report to a Program Operational Director and Division Chair of Neurosurgery as it relates to administrative items.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
The role may include but is not limited to:
- Provide clinical/professional leadership within the organization.
- Support, advise, counsel and educate regarding options, treatments and practices in the delivery of care.
- Conduct interventions with and/or advocate on behalf of clients.
- Determine clinical/professional educational needs; provide/coordinate programs and resources.
- Provide support and interventions to resolve issues and conflicts.
- Contribute to clinical/professional/personal development through mentoring and coaching.
- Contribute to the determination of disciplinary or corrective actions.
- Assess and improve quality of client/system outcomes through evidence-based practice.
- Conduct and support clinical research and academic initiatives.
- Assess, develop, implement and evaluate process/practice improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to and ensure the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, practices and performance standards
- Must hold U.S. or Canadian BSc (PA), equivalent degree or equivalent experience, or Department of Defense (Military) education/experience.
- Must be certified by either the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (in the U.S.) or the Physician Assistant Certification Council of Canada.
- Must meet the competencies outline by the province in the Defining the Physician Assistant Role in Ontario (http://www.healthforceontario.ca/UserFiles/file/AHP/Inside/PA-role-april-2007-en.pdf).
- Minimum 3 years of PA experience in surgery, trauma, and preferable neurosurgery.
- Surgical, trauma, bedside manner, able to make emergency decisions quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to educate patients and families
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills within the interprofessional care team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all team members
- Evidence of strong mentoring, teaching, team building, change leadership, organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict situations and proactively and effectively resolve issues impacting on quality and continuity of care
- Exceptional time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and make evidence based decisions
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret/participate in research
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer database and data analysis
- All relevant Operating Room courses/training
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Must possess and maintain a valid class G driver's license with a satisfactory drivers abstract; 1 year certificate in Community Justice Services, Law &...
Answer all incoming calls promptly, and direct the call to the appropriate department/individual or take messages....
Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from employees, clients and any other inquiries regarding shift fulfillment....
*Job Summary* We are looking to fill 2 positions to start immediately. Training will be provided if required just bring a positive attitude and plenty of...
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities,...
Provides front line service to patrons, proactively and enthusiastically greeting guests in a welcoming and friendly manner, maintaining a safe and enjoyable...
Is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment...
Problem solving skills with a high degree of independent judgment. Frulact is a company that specializes in the conceptualization, development and production of...
This includes collecting course portfolios, setting up portfolio review system and monitoring progress, and performing administrative tasks related to all...