Documentation Control Clerk Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - ABBOTT LABORATORIES Recruitment 2017JOB DESCRIPTION:
The point-of-care (POC) testing industry is changing faster than ever. At Abbott Point of Care, we’ve stayed ahead of the curve. We are a worldwide leader in fundamentally changing healthcare delivery at the point of care with solutions that are intuitive, innovative, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers.
As a member of the QA Documentation team, you will be responsible for process change requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process change requests, including DCO (Document Change Orders) and DCP (Design Change Package) on a daily basis which includes:
- Conducting a review to ensure that the request contains complete information;
- Evaluating the impact of change on related document requirements and/or the affected sites;
- Updating the documents;
- Routing documents to appropriate individuals for approval;
- Releasing documents.
- Process report type documents as required including, but not limited to: validations, verifications and engineering files.
- Research information in order to input change requests and other documentation changes and system changes.
- Maintains documentation records.
- Safeguard the environment and facilitate a safe and healthy workplace culture.
- Other miscellaneous duties as may be assigned.
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
We will provide accommodation, accessible formats and/or communication supports required due to disability during our recruitment process upon request, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Ontario). Requests may be made by contacting our head office at 1-800-361-7852.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
Follow us on LinkedIn
- Typically requires 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma is a requirement.
- A two year college diploma preferably in a technical field or equivalent.
- Related experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word and Excel.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Coordinating and planning skills, ability to work in a multitask environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to deal with people on all organizational levels.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of configuration management principles would be considered an asset.
- A keen interest in continuous learning.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Recognized and valid First Aid and CPR certificate. G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les...
Acting as a Welcome Ambassador for our arriving guests at the Ottawa Airport and encourage and assist guests to utilize the self service kiosks....
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to...
Remember to upload a copy of your diploma(s) or a certificate of merit as well as a current version of your CV into the My documents section of your career...
Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her...
Successful completion of TOH medical terminology self-directed learning program or certification in medical terminology from a recognized educational...
Successful completion of TOH medical terminology self-directed learing program or certification in medical terminology from a recognized educational institution...