Field Engineer Job Opening in Fort McMurray, AB - Weir Group PLC Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Weir Group PLC is a quickly growing enterprise in Fort McMurray, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in March 2017 Weir Group PLC is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Weir Group PLC opens job chance for Field Engineer placed in Fort McMurray, AB. This chance has been opened at the beginning of March 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about Field Engineer, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Field Engineer March 2017Weir Group PLC Fort McMurray, AB
Our 14,000 people, operating in more than 70 countries, are dedicated to creating innovative engineering solutions which make our global customers more efficient. For more information on The Weir Group PLC please visit our corporate website
Business Need / Purpose of Role: The Field Engineer’s role will be to technically support our key oil sands customers. The individual will be responsible for collecting and monitoring operating and wear data on our critical Oil Sands equipment and providing performance analysis and reports, which will drive wear performance improvements. The position will work closely with technology centers, aftermarket sales and key oil sands customers. The position reports directly to the Oil Sands Manager and work aligned with Weir Group Values to partner with all business functions such as, Executive Management, Operations, Engineering, Product Management and Service to align and implement our Oil Sands strategic initiatives to grow our aftermarket and capital business.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities: Including but not limited to:
- Develop intimate knowledge of the customer’s process and operation.
- Available as required to attend key equipment outages, inspections and overhauls (may require weekend work).
- Monitor and collect operating data and wear performance on our critical Oil Sands products.
- Analyze operating and wear data, and provide inspection reports to Sales Management, Aftermarket Sales and Technology Centers (DCO).
- Working closely with Technology Center Engineering (DCO) groups to develop wear and operating improvement plans for key products.
- Provide technical information about our equipment to our customers.
- Produce quotes to our customers.
- Work closely with Aftermarket Sales Account Managers to grow our Oil Sands aftermarket business, through sales presentations, client meetings, etc.
- Provide monthly updates to Management and Operations Group on key component wear life/demand and customer maintenance outage schedules, to allow inventory alignment for each major customer.
- Secure and maintain site access passes to key customer locations.
- Meet all Personal Business Objectives (PBO’s) inclusive to a Personal Development Plan (PDP) set in agreement with the Oil Sands Manager.
- Act and behave aligned with our Weir Group Values.
- Improve Key Equipment wear life and operation to meet client targets and expectations.
- Personal Business Objectives (PBO’s)
- Customer feedback and satisfaction – Example NPS.
Health & Safety : Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Able to work in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves and others
- Able to demonstrate compliance to company safety procedures and legal obligations
- Recognise and report and resolve hazards identified
- Confidence and ability to intervene on practices deemed to be unsafe
- Engage and promote a zero harm culture
- Be aware of physical limitations based upon job requirements
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications: Education/Experience:
Bachelor Degree or Technical Diploma (Example; Engineering Technologist or equivalent) in Engineering or relevant technical discipline, preferably specializing in rotating equipment designed for the Oil & Gas, Minerals or related to severe duty market segments.
Ideally a minimum of 5 years of technical or engineering experience with preference given to candidates exposed to field service in an industrial and mining atmosphere. Ability to use various inspection instruments and hand tools with a strong mechanical aptitude and understanding. Previous slurry pump disassembly, evaluation, repair and reassembly experience would be considered an asset.
Strong customer service, sales aptitude and clean driving record are required.
P. Eng or Certified Engineering Technologist designation would be considered an asset.
Strong ability to read, analyze and write detailed reports and business correspondence. Exceptional ability to present information and respond to questions from external and internal stakeholders, including management, customers, and employees of the company. Solid active listening skills and consultative approach to working with customers. Strong skills in reading, writing and speaking in English language.
Excellent numerical skills to understand, interpret and troubleshoot complex engineering data and problems.
Reasoning Ability :
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in non-standardized situations.
The incumbent should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Office. Experience or exposure to ERP/Manufactuing and engineering design software is considered an asset.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations, Special Skills:
EIT, P Eng, CET or equivalent certification.
Approximately ~60% travel on a consistent basis is required for this role. Travel will require over nights and at times will be more or less than the percentage shown. International travel may be required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, field and mining site conditions. The incumbent will work across regular office environments, manufacturing plants and customer mining sites. Up to 60 percent travel is expected for the purpose of visiting customers and/or customer sites, where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required, including safety footwear and glasses.
Core Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves technical problems/situations in a timely manner, gathering and analyzing information, developing alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations, uses reason even in difficult/emotional situations.
Customer Service – Manages ongoing interactions with customers, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to service/assistance requests and meets commitments.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses protective/safety equipment and materials properly.
Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, monitors own work to ensure quality and correctness.
Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to use Field Engineer. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job