Recreation Program Coordinator, Aquatic and Fitness Job Opening in Vancouver Island, BC - Sunshine Coast Regional District Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Sunshine Coast Regional District is a rapidly growing provider in Vancouver Island, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in November 2017 Sunshine Coast Regional District is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Sunshine Coast Regional District opens job chance for Recreation Program Coordinator, Aquatic and Fitness located in Vancouver Island, BC. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of November 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about Recreation Program Coordinator, Aquatic and Fitness, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Recreation Program Coordinator, Aquatic and Fitness November 2017Sunshine Coast Regional District Vancouver Island, BC
Closing Date : 4:30 pm, Monday, October 16, 2017
The Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) is currently inviting applications for the position of full-time Recreation Program Coordinator, Aquatic & Fitness. Reporting to the Manager, Recreation and Community Partnerships, and working within a community development philosophy, this position is responsible for the aquatic and fitness facilities and program supervision including: the design, development, monitoring, and staffing of aquatic & fitness programming in the recreation/leisure field; developing educational material and other initiatives to increase public awareness of aquatic/fitness/community recreation issues and participating in various committees.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a two (2) year post-secondary program in recreation or other relevant education including:
- National Life Saving Award (Pool Option)
- Instructor Trainer or Advance Instructor certification in one or more Aquatic/Fitness areas
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Award and Lifesaving Instructor
- CPR Basic Rescuer with AED provider certification
- First Aid Training (Aquatic Emergency Care, Industrial First Aid, Red Cross or St. Johns Standard First Aid)
- Fitness Leadership Training Certificate
- Pool Operator Level 1 Certificate
- Two (2) years relevant work experience in the aquatic and fitness recreation field.
- Experience in all aspects of program management, including contract administration and budget management.
- Experience in working with the community in a public consultation capacity.
- Experience in direct supervision of staff.
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple projects and deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Effective interpersonal skills, specifically a demonstrated ability to proactively develop mutually beneficial working relationships with colleagues, clients and others.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Applications for this position must include a current resume, a cover letter quoting the competition number and proof of education/certification submitted in confidence to Human Resources by the closing date and time shown above. Applications can be dropped off in person or mailed to: 1975 Field Road, Sechelt, BC, V0N 3A1, faxed to 604-885-7909 or emailed to [email protected] .
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply Recreation Program Coordinator, Aquatic and Fitness. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
MSP, Dental, Prescription, Eye care, Emergency Medical incidents, short-term/long-term disabilities, and more....
A valid driver's license, preferred. Uniform garments, carpeted floor mats, heavy duty rubber floor mats, dust mops, shop towels, aprons, hand soap products,...
We need someone who plays well with others, as we are a pretty friendly bunch, who is dependable and reliable, and someone we can trust to interact with our...
Develop and administer social media content to enhance The Port Theatre brand and build community engagement through our various social media platforms....
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a...
As a resource person, nurtures a positive relationship amongst community churches and clergy and the hospital;...
Class 4 Vehicle Licence (unrestricted) and/or Class 3 Vehicle Licence with Air Brake Endorsement. In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and...
Broken Coast Cannabis Ltd., a licensed producer of marijuana under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR), is recruiting for production...
On behalf of our client, Cinnabar Valley Farms Ltd, located in Nanaimo, BC, we are searching for an Inventory Control Manager to join their island proud and 2nd...