DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2) Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Ministry of Transportation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Transportation is a swiftly growing business in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in December 2017 Ministry of Transportation is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Ministry of Transportation opens job chance of DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2) located in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2), please read about the conditions and terms below.
DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2) December 2017Ministry of Transportation Ottawa, ON
This position requires regular daily travel with some overnight travel.
Please note that one (1) position is unilingual and one (1) position is bilingual.
What can I expect to do in this role? You will play a critical role in road safety by counselling and identifying high-risk drivers.
You will be required to:
• Assess physical and emotional abilities and attitudes of drivers
• Recommend corrective actions such as suspending driver's licences, defensive driving course or a medical review
• Conduct senior driver group education sessions
• Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour when representing the ministry to clients and stakeholders
How do I qualify? Mandatory • Advanced oral French language skills
• Valid 'G' driver's licence (or equivalent as accepted by the Province of Ontario) with acceptable driving record
Communication & Interpersonal Skills • Excellent oral communication, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills to conduct Senior Group Education Sessions
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and diplomacy to interview and counsel drivers about sensitive information and situations
• Proven written communication skills to prepare reports
• Demonstrated analytical/judgement skills to analyze driving records to recommend appropriate and meaningful actions
Technical Knowledge • Thorough knowledge of the rules of the road, acts and regulations (Highway Traffic Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act)
• Knowledge of defensive driving techniques to counsel drivers to improve their driving by recommending training and demonstrating best practices
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and online database systems
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Bilingual Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 3091 Albion Rd N, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 1355 Counter Blvd., Kingston, East Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Customer and Client Services
Thursday, January 12, 2017
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Answers telephone and correspondence inquiries by supporting RCM clients with all inquiries related to their client profiles by keeping a first call resolution...
Screens calls, answers general inquiries, directs calls as appropriate. Establishes and maintains a filing system and archives documents for the Senate....
Develops and maintains project plans to guide statistical research and analysis projects, including background, purpose, scope, project team structure (and...
_*Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows...
A valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required. The knowledge and skills required for this position would normally be acquired through...
Certificate, permanent residency card, etc.). DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if....
Answer the Centre’s multi-line telephone system directing phone calls to appropriate. Variety of social support programs aimed at building safe and healthy...
CFIR seeks to provide high quality mental health care by qualified psychologists, psychotherapists, and counsellors to all members of our community, including...
We are looking for a reliable Administrative Assistant who will undertake a broad set of administrative and clerical tasks, such as providing support to our...