DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2) Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Ministry of Transportation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Transportation is a growing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in August 2017 Ministry of Transportation is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Ministry of Transportation opens job chance for DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2) put in Ottawa, ON. This option has been opened at the start of August 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2), please read about the terms and conditions below.
DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2) August 2017Ministry of Transportation Ottawa, ON
This position requires regular daily travel with some overnight travel.
Please note that one (1) position is unilingual and one (1) position is bilingual.
What can I expect to do in this role? You will play a critical role in road safety by counselling and identifying high-risk drivers.
You will be required to:
• Assess physical and emotional abilities and attitudes of drivers
• Recommend corrective actions such as suspending driver's licences, defensive driving course or a medical review
• Conduct senior driver group education sessions
• Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour when representing the ministry to clients and stakeholders
How do I qualify? Mandatory • Advanced oral French language skills
• Valid 'G' driver's licence (or equivalent as accepted by the Province of Ontario) with acceptable driving record
Communication & Interpersonal Skills • Excellent oral communication, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills to conduct Senior Group Education Sessions
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and diplomacy to interview and counsel drivers about sensitive information and situations
• Proven written communication skills to prepare reports
• Demonstrated analytical/judgement skills to analyze driving records to recommend appropriate and meaningful actions
Technical Knowledge • Thorough knowledge of the rules of the road, acts and regulations (Highway Traffic Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act)
• Knowledge of defensive driving techniques to counsel drivers to improve their driving by recommending training and demonstrating best practices
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and online database systems
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Bilingual Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 3091 Albion Rd N, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 1355 Counter Blvd., Kingston, East Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Customer and Client Services
Thursday, January 12, 2017
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2). If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Somerset West Community Health Centre is a well-established, non-profit, multi-service centre providing health, social and community outreach services with an...
Under the direction of the Data Manager , the Administrative Assistant will be assigned to the Health Links Project and be responsible for the management of new...
An equal opportunity employer, Canpar encourages applications from women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and members of Canada’s First Nations....
Certification as a Diabetes Educator, certification as a Nutrition Support Dietitian. Review, monitor, and address each professional's entry credentials,...
Performs typing, preparation, minute taking, editing, printing, faxing, copying and distributing of various projects/documents, including dictated or self...
Applications are being received for the position of Filing Clerk at our Home Office location. Typically requires completion of a post-secondary office...
Answer all incoming calls promptly, and direct the call to the appropriate department/individual or take messages....
Community & Social Services Department, Community & Social Support Centre Services, Community and. Community and Social Services....
Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons in visible minority groups. Follow Biohazard Disposal Procedures to provide a safe work...