DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2) Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Ministry of Transportation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Transportation is an evergrowing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in March 2017 Ministry of Transportation is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of Transportation opens job chance for DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2) located in Ottawa, ON. This chance has been opened at the start of March 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're thinking about DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2), please read about the terms and conditions below.
DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2) March 2017Ministry of Transportation Ottawa, ON
This position requires regular daily travel with some overnight travel.
Please note that one (1) position is unilingual and one (1) position is bilingual.
What can I expect to do in this role? You will play a critical role in road safety by counselling and identifying high-risk drivers.
You will be required to:
• Assess physical and emotional abilities and attitudes of drivers
• Recommend corrective actions such as suspending driver's licences, defensive driving course or a medical review
• Conduct senior driver group education sessions
• Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour when representing the ministry to clients and stakeholders
How do I qualify? Mandatory • Advanced oral French language skills
• Valid 'G' driver's licence (or equivalent as accepted by the Province of Ontario) with acceptable driving record
Communication & Interpersonal Skills • Excellent oral communication, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills to conduct Senior Group Education Sessions
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and diplomacy to interview and counsel drivers about sensitive information and situations
• Proven written communication skills to prepare reports
• Demonstrated analytical/judgement skills to analyze driving records to recommend appropriate and meaningful actions
Technical Knowledge • Thorough knowledge of the rules of the road, acts and regulations (Highway Traffic Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act)
• Knowledge of defensive driving techniques to counsel drivers to improve their driving by recommending training and demonstrating best practices
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and online database systems
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Bilingual Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 3091 Albion Rd N, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 1355 Counter Blvd., Kingston, East Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Customer and Client Services
Thursday, January 12, 2017
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use DRIVER IMPROVEMENT COUNSELLOR (DES) (2). If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Creating student hanging folders for incoming students. Filing tests/exams into locked cabinet. Assist with meetings/special events after 4pm (PAC, mentorship,...
The successful candidate must commit to work within NROCRC’s model of Community Development. Answer phone calls and direct to appropriate personnel and/or...
We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services....
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to...
Trends and techniques for developing effective library programming for children. Children Program & Public Service Assistant....
The Administrative Assistant has broad administrative responsibilities including, iProcurement, facility maintenance, staff scheduling, chart management,...
Answer questions regarding our client's programs and services. Polite and friendly demeanorNo experience required....
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit....
Administrative duties such as filing, scanning, etc. Receptionist duties such as answering the door (it is always locked)....