Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery) Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre is an evergrowing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in September 2017 The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre opens job opportunity for Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery) placed in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of September 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery), please read about the terms and conditions below.
Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery) September 2017The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre Ottawa, ON
This site contains links to external or third-party Web sites. The Royal is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third-party Web sites.
Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery) (ROM16-226E )
Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery)
Number of Openings:
Job Type (Employment Type):
Temporary Part Time
Healthcare/Medical - Support Services
Level of Education:
Years of Experience:
Notice of union position vacant – OPSEU local 479
Position: Vocational Rehabilitation Worker
Temporary Part-Time (0.5 FTE) Days
Contract End date: October 28th, 2017
Program: Integrated Schizophrenia and Recovery Program
Location: Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
Under the general direction of the Manager of Patient Care Services the Vocational Rehabilitation Worker provides counseling, advocacy and support service to clients and families affected by mental illness. The Vocational Rehabilitation Worker functions interdependently with the other members of the integrated schizophrenia/recovery program within a health promotion framework.
- As a member of the team, you will use best-practice and innovative approaches to provide client-centered services including assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services.
- As vocational rehabilitation worker, you will provide client-centered treatment, rehabilitation and support to referred clients.
- Conduct comprehensive client assessments (includes discipline specific and multi-disciplinary assessment instruments, client self-assessment, family assessment in the environment of the client’s choice, reports by other service providers, etc.); assess interests, aptitude and motivation as well as financial, social, medical and vocational histories; formulate and follow through on client vocational treatment plans.
- In collaboration with other team members and the client, develop individualized client treatment/rehabilitation plans.
- Assume responsibility for the treatment, rehabilitation and support of assigned clients within the context of the team.
- Provide direct assistance with employment, social relations and/or activities of daily living (includes in vivo skill teaching, environmental modifications, side-by-side assistance, providing transportation, etc.).
- Facilitate an optimally supportive environment including assistance with: meeting basic needs, a supportive social environment, supportive family relationships.
- Participate in team meetings and Kardex to review clients and organize daily assignments.
- Complete and maintain all necessary documentation as per professional standards (includes client assessments, treatment/rehab plans, PSR Toolkit, medical records, progress reports, client kardex/log, client contact schedule, etc.).
- Monitor and evaluate client progress and revise treatment/rehabilitation plans as indicated.
- Ensure continuity of client care is maintained through exchange of information and communication with the client, family members, other services providers who may be involved with the client. Secure resources by preparing reports, completing application forms/letters as required.
- Participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of program services to meet the needs of the program.
- Complete all required non-clinical administrative documentation (ie, workload measurement, quality improvement, forms, etc.).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local employers, service providers, stakeholders and families.
- Provide consultative services to community agencies, Schedule 1 facilities and the public; act as a resource/speaker on mental health issues.
- Keep up to date, regarding professional standards by reviewing current literature, attending workshops/seminars, networking with colleagues, and maintain an up to date record of community resources/contacts.
- B.A. in Social or Health Sciences preferred.
- Vocation studies certificate or acceptable combination of education, training and experience in vocational rehabilitation.
- It is required that the applicant be eligible for registration with the College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals.
- Knowledge of job creation.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in community mental health an asset.
- Experience with Psychosocial Rehabilitation principles and practice.
- Knowledge of applicable legislated acts (eg, MHA, The Health Care Consent Act).
- Excellent communication skills, organizational ability, critical thinking and goal setting skills.
- Knowledge of addiction and mental health practice principles an asset.
- Excellent observation, assessment and crisis intervention skills.
- Group leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member - comfortable with interdependence, consensus decision making and accountability to team needs.
- Suicide Prevention training and Non Violent Crisis Intervention training an asset.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- English level A- is mandatory in oral expression, oral comprehension, reading and writing. Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset.
Salary Range: $37.26 to $42.52 hourly
- All applicants must provide a recent resume that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications.
- Please apply by clicking on the Apply button below. You will be prompted to either create a new account or login to your account.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The position will be open until filled.
- The Royal sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in a career with us; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- All new hires will be required to obtain a Police Records Check as a pre-condition of employment.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Follows all correct cash register operations, as well as maintaining SKU integrity when entering services into the register....
Valid CPR certification level C. Assisting with hand hygiene before meals & clearing patient belongings on over-bed tables at meal times to ensure timely...
Answering phones, booking appointments, scanning. Possibly some billing. Works well with others. Must have experience....
As part of the Customer Service Order Desk team, this role provides outstanding customer service by processing orders and inquiries received through various...
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Children’s Education Management Guidance Counselling Program, the Administrative Assistant – MFS Policy & Program...
Must have a valid driver’s license, be willing to work flexible hours and travel both in town and out of town, and have access to a reliable vehicle....
Processing credit card, debit and cash transactions. No telephone calls please. Providing guests with information about hotel rooms, amenities, services and...
Oral communication skills to provide detailed explanations, accurate interpretations of policies and procedures to customers and provide advice to customers...
Valid and permanent Canadian driver’s licence is mandatory throughout an IO’s career. Permanent Canadian driver’s licence is defined as a G Class (Ontario) or...