Senior Development Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences Job Opening in Kingston, ON - Queen's University Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Queen's University is a quickly growing company in Kingston, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in December 2017 Queen's University is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Queen's University opens job chance for Senior Development Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences located in Kingston, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about Senior Development Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Senior Development Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences December 2017Queen's University Kingston, ON
Senior Development Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences
Department of Development, Office of Advancement
Are you looking for a challenge to showcase your fundraising expertise while making a great impact to Queen’s University strategic priorities?
As a senior fundraising professional, the Senior Development Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences reports to the Executive Director of Development and Partnerships, Faculty of Health Sciences and is responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of sophisticated and critical donor relationships among the University’s most generous benefactors consisting of individuals, corporations and foundations. The incumbent will be a recognized leader in the Faculty/Department, providing high level expertise to other development officers, as well as senior university administrators. S/he will participate in the review and recommendation of policy, procedures, and goals for the Faculty/Department.
This position requires extensive travel within and outside Canada. Work on evenings and weekends is also often required.
The Senior Development Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences:
- Nurtures and develops sustainable long-term relationships that will result in the highest level of philanthropic support for the University.
- In consultation with staff from the Department of Development, and the Faculty, develops and executes multi-year plans of fundraising targets and prospect strategies, with precise deadlines, to maximize philanthropic revenue to the University.
- Reviews progress against annual goals and prospect strategy development on a regular basis with the Executive Director. In consideration of progress to date, takes a lead role in identifying and implementing further opportunities and strategies that may have arisen to ensure annual goals will be met.
- Identifies, evaluates, cultivates, solicits, stewards and ultimately manages a portfolio of sophisticated and critical donors and prospects, with a primary focus on securing major gifts.
- Understands the emerging trends of alumni, donor and volunteer attitudes, perspectives and behaviours, including demographic cohort trends. In consultation with the Executive Director, develops and implements strategic plans and innovative relationship-building programs that address these trends and support the university through volunteer and financial contributions.
- Motivates, organizes and gains commitment from a broad range of influential volunteers and University senior administrators who will assist in securing philanthropic commitments.
- Analyzes data and prepares written materials including case statements, tailored proposals, correspondence, briefing notes, progress reports, and planning documents as appropriate to area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director and the Gift Planning Office to develop sophisticated gift requests that would include both deferred and current gift considerations.
- Communicates regularly with other staff members in the Office of Advancement to coordinate supporting activities and expertise related to the management of prospects, and to stay abreast of any relevant developments and/or legislation that may assist in maximizing philanthropic revenue.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the Faculty/University’s activities, priorities and needs in both teaching and research. Applies this knowledge in matching the interests and needs of prospective donors with the strategic needs of the university.
- Acts as an informal mentor to junior level Development Officers and the Project Assistant upon the direction of the Executive Director. Provides expert guidance to develop skills of more junior development officers, including strategies to navigate the campus (political savvy), to manage competing priorities among faculties, and to work effectively with volunteers and/or colleagues.
- Acts as a representative of development officer colleagues on committees that have university-wide membership and implications (e.g. campaign planning committees), upon direction of the Executive Director.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned and in support of the Unit/Department.
The Senior Development Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences also calls for:
- University degree. Degree from Queen’s at the Honours level, preferred.
- A minimum five years’ fundraising experience, preferably in an institutionally relevant setting, with a focus on major gifts.
- Recognized professional fundraising certification or equivalent considered an asset.
- Demonstrated success in the identification, evaluation, cultivation, stewardship and direct personal solicitation of significant major gifts.
- Experience working as part of a campaign effort managing a portfolio of prospects.
- Experience creating and developing briefing notes and associated fundraising proposals and correspondence.
- Proven track record in developing strategic fundraising plans and meeting the objectives of these plans.
- A strong working knowledge of Planned Giving as demonstrated through participation in securing planned gift commitments and through Planned Giving educational opportunities.
- Knowledge of the Canadian philanthropic and university environment, supporting legislation, and the challenges faced by post-secondary institutions.
- Valid G-Class driver’s license and passport is required.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
For additional details on this continuing appointment, including essential competencies and special skills, please visit our Human Resources website at www.queensu.ca/humanresources .* If you are interested in applying please send a cover letter and resume *by January 31, 2017, quoting competition #2016-367 .
The University thanks all who express an interest in this position and advises that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen’s is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons The University will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Carla Ferreira Rodrigues at 613-533-6771.
One of Canada’s leading universities, Queen’s has a long-standing reputation for academic excellence, research and a diverse and vibrant learning environment. With its strong tradition of public service, the University has helped to shape Canadian values and policies, educating notable political and cultural figures. Queen’s University is located in the heart of the community in historic Kingston, midpoint between Montreal and Toronto, and the nation’s capital.
Job Type: Full-time
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Senior Development Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Answer all incoming calls promptly, and direct the call to the appropriate department/individual or take messages....
Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from employees, clients and any other inquiries regarding shift fulfillment....
Responsible for processing any cash, credit and debit transactions. The Student Finance Administrative Assistant acts as the financial documentation expert of...
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities,...
Perform general office duties such a filing, photocopying, sending faxes and answering e-mails. The receptionist must be welcoming and friendly as they are the...
Valid Class G Ontario drivers licence is required to be maintained; Current First Aid and CPR Certificates....
*Job Summary* We are looking to fill 2 positions to start immediately. Training will be provided if required just bring a positive attitude and plenty of...
Is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment...
As a Customer Service Representative, you're helping customers get their questions answered and solving problems....