RECREATION OFFICER (9) Job Opening in London, ON - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is a quickly growing business in London, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in November 2017 Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services opens job opportunity for RECREATION OFFICER (9) located in London, ON. This option has been opened at the beginning of November 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about RECREATION OFFICER (9), please read about the conditions and terms below.
RECREATION OFFICER (9) November 2017Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services London, ON
We are currently seeking:
• 6 Recreation Officers at the Elgin-Middlesex Detention Centre (London)
• 3 Recreation Officers at the Niagara Detention Centre (Thorold)
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employer
• Top Employer for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role? • Participate in the planning, design, implementation and facilitation of institutional recreation programs and special events
• Recommend changes to improve existing programs and events
• Provide instruction including lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in recreational activities
• Arrange for facilities, equipment, and materials required for recreational activities
• Ensure security, control, and safety standards are maintained while organizing, coordinating, leading and implementing individual or group recreational activities
• Provide for the care, custody and control of inmates including responding to emergency situations
• Prepare incident/occurrence, accident and injury, and any other applicable reports
How do I qualify? Mandatory • You currently possess (or able to obtain) First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Heartsaver Certificates
Specialized Knowledge and Experience • You have knowledge of theories, principles and rules of recreation activities such as physical education, kinesiology, or recreation leadership in order to instruct and guide participants in physical, social, cultural and/or educational recreation activities
• You have experience designing, planning, evaluating, and recommending changes to recreation programs and special events
• You have knowledge of practical correctional techniques to perform supervision during recreation activities
• You are able to understand, apply, and comply with policies and procedures related to institution security in order to ensure custody, control, and safety of participating inmates during recreation activities and special events
• You have understanding of relevant legislation such as Ministry of Correctional Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
Excellent Communication Skills • You can provide clear instruction to inmates and convey information
• You have writing skills to complete routine reports
• You have experience in using counseling and influencing skills as well as verbal defusing techniques in conflict situations and altercations
Analytical and Evaluation Skills • You are able to handle disruptive inmate behaviour as well as safety and security issues
• You can participate in the planning and design of recreational programs, implementation, and selection of required equipment/material
• You have mathematical and grammatical fluency to complete required reports and maintain accurate inmate counts and equipment inventory
Other Essential Skills • You have organizational skills to plan own activities and the activities of inmates engaged in recreational activities
• You can ensure resources and facilities are available both inside and outside the Institution
• You have basic proficiency with computer software and keyboarding in order to prepare schedules, reports, and email correspondence
Additional Information: Address:
- 6 Permanent, 711 Exeter Rd, London, West Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
- 3 Permanent, 1355 Uppers Ln, HWY 58, Thorold, West Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Corrections and Enforcement
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to apply RECREATION OFFICER (9). If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, the incumbent is the front-line engagement representative for the Center of Digital and Performance Arts (CDPA), in the...
Candidates will be bondable and possess a valid driver's license. Demonstrated ability to operate ground vehicle equipment....
Act as an application SME through the design and development lifecycle ensuring alignment with Architecture, standards, methodologies & risk appetite....
Subject matter expertise in at least one area of discipline, seasoned in counselling clients and project teams on all aspects of research, analysis, design,...
No degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent experience Experience. Pick orders and stock; Manufacture Vehicle and Equipment Experience....
MBA, HBA or Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or related field recommended. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family and...
Access to a car and a valid driver's license (to conduct school-site visits). Hatch Canada welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including...
You possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License and have regular access to a reliable vehicle. On the job training, development opportunities, Emergency First Aid...
You give back to the community. We are a founder and current member of the Global Aquaculture Alliance and a current member of National Fisheries Institute....
Current First Aid, CPR and Crisis Prevention Intervention training and/or Behaviour Management Training or equivalent;...