PT Dietitian Job Opening in Medicine Hat, AB - AgeCare Recruitment 2017PT Dietitian - AgeCare Valleyview , Medicine Hat, AB Location: 65 Valleyview Drive SW, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 7K5
Status: Permanent – 3 hrs per week Do you go to work inspired and ready to make a difference? 90% of AgeCare staff said “Yes” Since our inception in 1998, AgeCare has been dedicated to creating vibrant communities that celebrate and support aging with dignity, independence and community interaction for the elderly. The AgeCare Family is also dedicated to make our organization the “Best Place to Work”! Our employees are among the happiest and fulfilled anywhere, with 84% reporting high levels of job satisfaction and enjoyment.
Position Summary: The Dietitian is a member of the care team, collaborating on the delivery of resident care to meet nutritional and dietary needs. Services include a wide range of activities associated with developing planned interventions; including menu adjustments, counselling, education and support as a result of a comprehensive nutritional assessment.
The Dietitian plays an important role in helping residents achieve optimal nutritional health. Working with residents, families, staff and management, Dietitians provide nutrition knowledge and expertise to help residents maintain health, prevent and manage nutrition-related diseases, and surgery.
- Conducts assessments of residents’ nutritional status and requirements
- Develops nutritional care plans and provides nutrition education and counselling
- Provides nutrition expertise, information and education to residents, health professionals, organizations and the public
- Collect and maintain data for service indicators, progress reports and evaluations, and maintain clinical records of nutrition care programs, preparing reports and statistics based on the information gathered.
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition and/or Food Sciences from an accredited University; and dietetic internship program.
- Eligibility and/or Registration with the provincial regulatory body (i.e. College of Dietitians of Alberta)
- Previous clinical nutrition experience in a health care facility/program preferred.
- Experience in gerontology is an asset.
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to take direction but act with initiative and self-motivate to meet deadlines and responsibilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and documentation.
- Strong planning, follow up, time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible within demanding environment.
- Trust : We act with integrity and fairness
- Respect : We treat everyone with dignity and kindness
- Quality : We relentlessly pursue excellence in care and service
- Teamwork : We uplift each other with positive energy and support
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Maintains a valid Class 5 driver’s license. Vehicle to get yourself to and from the job site. Discuss traffic routing plans, and location of control points with...
Required license or certification:. Class 5 Drivers License. Non-GDL Drivers License. Safety Tickets - H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, TDG, WHMIS 2015....
Provide assistance to the accounting, payroll, project and admin areas as requested in filing, matching invoices with shipping documents & PO or photocopying...
Under limited Supervision and guidance of the Supervisor, Patient Registration, Switchboard and Information, this positions performs a variety of clerical...
Must possess a valid security guard license. Current Standard or Emergency First Aid. Alberta Individual Security License....
The Medical office receptionist is responsible for greeting and registering patients, scheduling appointments, invoicing, and other clinical tasks needed in a...
We are an expanding electrical contracting company currently seeking Journeyman and Apprentice Electricians in Medicine Hat to join our team to work on a long...
Valid Class 5 non-GDL Driver’s License. Valid First Aid Certificate preferred. Certificate in CPI Non-violent Crisis Intervention an asset....
Valid Alberta Class 2 Driver’s License with airbrake endorsement and an acceptable driving record. Valid First Aid Certificate....