Collections Officer Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Distributel Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Distributel is an evergrowing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in August 2017 Distributel is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Distributel opens job opportunity for Collections Officer located in Ottawa, ON. This option has been opened at the beginning of August 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in Collections Officer, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Collections Officer August 2017Distributel Ottawa, ON
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Manager of Billing Operations, you will be responsible for executing all aspects of overdue balance process for the existing Yak customer base and assisting with the Distributel and Acanac customer base as needed.
• Researching each overdue account prior to communicating with the customer.
• Contacting the clients, per processes set. Contact could be via phone, email and/or mailed correspondence
• Researching each overdue account prior to sending a letter and/or sending to collection agency.
• Applying charges and/or credits in order to update the account prior to being sent a letter and/or being sent to collections.
• Managing the residential accounts in collections, updating residential accounts as needed and liaising between the customer and the collection agency.
• Updating accounts, in a timely manner, when financial documentation is received. Ex. Bankruptcy, Consumer Proposals, etc.
• Creating necessary reporting to track any overdue discrepancies
• Submitting daily/weekly/monthly reporting as requested by your manager
Processing customer disconnections due to an overdue account status, per our policy and procedures.
- Sit for long periods at a time
- Some travelling may be required
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Flexible to work outside of regular hours when required
Computer Skills and Software Used:
- Proprietary Customer Management Software
- Microsoft Office suite
- Web-based tools such as the Bell portal, Bell ticketing portal & the cable reseller portal
Education and Training:
- High School/College graduate
- Customer Service experience
- Call Center experience
- Account management experience
- Accounting / Collections experience
- Telecom knowledge would be an asset
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Ability to comprehend and execute written procedures and instructions
- Objective and critical thinker
- Assertive and self-starting
- Multi-tasking, attention to detail
- Demonstrated multi-tasking capability and proven success in fast paced environment
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply Collections Officer. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on line and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Successful completion of TOH medical terminology self-directed learing program or certification in medical terminology from a recognized educational institution...
We are happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act....
Selected candidates who do not have valid second language evaluation (SLE) results will be assessed. The Client Service Advisor monitors trends and works...
Experience providing administrative support services in a finance, or human resources, or communications, or information services or legislative environment....
No telephone calls please.*. Responding promptly to all requests by guests and employees and informing managers of maintenance deficiencies, low supply levels...
General typing, filing, mailing, scanning, courier, faxing, etc.; You will actively be involved in providing courteous and friendly ‘first impressions’ to all...
Trends and techniques for developing effective library programming for children. Children Program & Public Service Assistant....
Bring your strong organizational and administrative skills to the Ottawa Carleton Detention Centre, where you will provide a variety of administrative,...
Applicants selected from the initial application pool will be invited to participate in a panel interview conducted by an MSC representative, a healthcare-site...