Collections Officer Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Distributel Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Distributel is a rapidly growing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in April 2017 Distributel is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Distributel opens job opportunity for Collections Officer placed in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of April 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're considering Collections Officer, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Collections Officer April 2017Distributel Ottawa, ON
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Manager of Billing Operations, you will be responsible for executing all aspects of overdue balance process for the existing Yak customer base and assisting with the Distributel and Acanac customer base as needed.
• Researching each overdue account prior to communicating with the customer.
• Contacting the clients, per processes set. Contact could be via phone, email and/or mailed correspondence
• Researching each overdue account prior to sending a letter and/or sending to collection agency.
• Applying charges and/or credits in order to update the account prior to being sent a letter and/or being sent to collections.
• Managing the residential accounts in collections, updating residential accounts as needed and liaising between the customer and the collection agency.
• Updating accounts, in a timely manner, when financial documentation is received. Ex. Bankruptcy, Consumer Proposals, etc.
• Creating necessary reporting to track any overdue discrepancies
• Submitting daily/weekly/monthly reporting as requested by your manager
Processing customer disconnections due to an overdue account status, per our policy and procedures.
- Sit for long periods at a time
- Some travelling may be required
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Flexible to work outside of regular hours when required
Computer Skills and Software Used:
- Proprietary Customer Management Software
- Microsoft Office suite
- Web-based tools such as the Bell portal, Bell ticketing portal & the cable reseller portal
Education and Training:
- High School/College graduate
- Customer Service experience
- Call Center experience
- Account management experience
- Accounting / Collections experience
- Telecom knowledge would be an asset
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Ability to comprehend and execute written procedures and instructions
- Objective and critical thinker
- Assertive and self-starting
- Multi-tasking, attention to detail
- Demonstrated multi-tasking capability and proven success in fast paced environment
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply Collections Officer. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons in visible minority groups. The Ottawa Marriott is also committed to selection based on merit...
The Social Justice Tribunals Ontario (SJTO) is a cluster of eight adjudicative tribunals with a mandate to resolve applications and appeals brought under nine...
Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons in visible minority groups. Competence in handling cash and credit card transactions....
Possess a valid driver’s license. Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence,...
Greeting visitors in a courteous and respectful manner; The opening of the Canadian History Hall and ongoing commemorations of the First World War Centenary is...
Have a passport - Have a valid driver licence. Required license or certification:. Be over the age of 19. Be in good physical condition and able to carry 25kg....
Answer incoming calls from customers to troubleshoot problems and provide information. Route calls to appropriate resources....
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit....
Provide administrative support to the director and division staff (e.g., photocopying, faxing, filing, typing correspondence and other documents, entering...