Customer Service Representative Technical Job Opening in Guelph, ON - Armtec LP Recruitment 2017
Armtec LP is known for quality and dependability in drainage solutions and water treatment. We offer an exceptional range of products to meet a wide variety of drainage challenges. Armtec’s product line includes well-known brands such as BOSS high-density polyethylene pipe, Multi-Plate corrugated structural plate, Ultra Flo steel pipe and Platon foundation protector, as well as corrugated steel pipe, reinforced concrete pipe, HDPE tubing, septic tanks, stormwater management systems and other specialized solutions. We have achieved success in a broad range of applications by offering consistent product quality and performance, and providing unmatched technical support and customer service. We have a National presence in Canada, with approximately 2,000 employees serving national, regional public and private sector markets.
We are looking for a Technical Customer Service Representative to provide customer service excellence and technical support to Armtec customers. This position reports to the Customer Service Manager/Supervisor.
Principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to phone and fax inquiries from contractors and consultants to provide technical information for design and installation of various types of drainage solution projects;
- Estimating materials for projects by examining contract drawings and specifications to compile quantities for quotation purposes;
- Calculating prices and sending quotations to contractors and consultants based on company marketing principles;
- Enters orders into Company’s computer ordering system detailing product quantities and revises orders and communicates technical information to our engineering departments and/or plants to address any changes necessary for manufacturing of materials;
- Expedites materials from our plants and contacts customers to advise delivery times;
- Proactively tracking tender results by contacting purchasing departments, consultants, and contractors to follow up on opportunities to maximize overall sales performance;
- Communicating with and supporting customers on pricing;
- Assists sales force by attending trade shows and visit job sites to examine how our products are used and to see problems with installation or materials and provide;
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge;
- Lean pricing policies and feel comfortable discussing these with the customers;
- Create and follow through purchase orders for resale items as required;
- Responsible to follow superior Health and Safety practices;
- Ad hoc projects as required;
- Deal with complaints and manage returns;
- Manage customer feedback and communicate to relevant departments;
- Work with Quality or Operation/Production leaders to ensure issues are resolved accordingly;
- Liases with sales representatives and internal engineering personnel.
- College Diploma (technical discipline preferred)
- Strong customer orientation
- Previous industry experience in similar products and services an asset
- 4 years previous experience as a Sales/Customer Service Representative, including order taking.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD and SAP
- Must have experience understanding manufacturing Process (production plant)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using CAD programs preferred (for instance, AUTOCAD)
- Ability to Read/Understand BLUEPRINTS
- Ability to Read/Understand CAD drawings
- Extroverted; outgoing
- Well developed time management organizational skills
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment.A strong technical aptitude and understanding of customer service coupled with a high level of professionalism will contribute to your success in this role.Working Conditions:
- Physical Effort – Much of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. Some time is spent travelling and visiting customers on job sites.
Physical Environment – Mainly in a comfortable indoor area and occasionally on job sites and exposed to elements and surrounding information.
Sensory Attention – Attention to detail and high level of mental concentration is always needed.
Mental Stress – Handles a large number of varied requests. There is a need to set and maintain priorities. Reacting to customer pressure created by urgency of meeting customer’s needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Blueprint Reading: 1 year
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Estimating: 1 year
- Construction: 1 year
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Conduct inventory cycle counts, replenish stock, manage product returns, shelve products, and receive and process incoming store merchandise....
We are committed to hiring staff who not only reflect the diversity of Peel Region, but who will also foster the success of our student population by...
Answer incoming telephone calls, determine purpose of calls and forward to the appropriate personnel or department....
We provide a wide range of employee learning and development opportunities based on a "blended learning" model of on-the-job development, relationships and...
Greeting clients and laying the groundwork for great relationships, answering phones and triaging calls, invoicing clients and maintaining medical records,...
Familiar with Occupational Health & Safety Act. We manufacture interior plastic components which are used in the assembly of dashboards, doors and consoles....
We are looking for motivated professionals, who want to learn and gain experience assisting with Record and Data Entry, working with other BSG locations to...
Chief Development Officer and Director of. Administrative support to the Executive Director,. Living research environment provided by Homewood Health....
The ability to operate a cash register and point of sale machine to handle cash and credit/debit card transactions....